Contact information of Elsevier
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help
correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
November 2008, Volume 67, Issue 10
- 1521-1529 Impact of maternity unit closures on access to obstetrical care: The French experience between 1998 and 2003
by Pilkington, Hugo & Blondel, Béatrice & Carayol, Marion & Breart, Gérard & Zeitlin, Jennifer
- 1530-1540 Behind the scenes in health care improvement: The complex structures and emergent strategies of Implementation Science
by Sobo, Elisa J. & Bowman, Candice & Gifford, Allen L.
- 1541-1549 Stigma in the workplace: Employer attitudes about people with HIV in Beijing, Hong Kong, and Chicago
by Rao, Deepa & Angell, Beth & Lam, Chow & Corrigan, Patrick
- 1550-1558 Crossing two types of implementation intentions with a protection motivation intervention for the reduction of saturated fat intake: A randomized trial
by Prestwich, Andrew & Ayres, Karen & Lawton, Rebecca
- 1559-1570 Can social capital be intentionally generated? A randomized trial from rural South Africa
by Pronyk, Paul M. & Harpham, Trudy & Busza, Joanna & Phetla, Godfrey & Morison, Linda A. & Hargreaves, James R. & Kim, Julia C. & Watts, Charlotte H. & Porter, John D.
- 1571-1579 Imperial or postcolonial governance? Dissecting the genealogy of a global public health strategy
by Brown, Tim & Bell, Morag
- 1580-1588 Race, populations, and genomics: Africa as laboratory
by Braun, Lundy & Hammonds, Evelynn
- 1589-1595 Risk for post-traumatic stress disorder associated with different forms of interpersonal violence in South Africa
by Kaminer, Debra & Grimsrud, Anna & Myer, Landon & Stein, Dan J. & Williams, David R.
- 1596-1603 Long-term effects of organized violence on young Middle Eastern refugees' mental health
by Montgomery, Edith
- 1604-1611 Social context as an explanation for race disparities in hypertension: Findings from the Exploring Health Disparities in Integrated Communities (EHDIC) Study
by Thorpe Jr., Roland J. & Brandon, Dwayne T. & LaVeist, Thomas A.
- 1612-1629 Environmental inequity in England: Small area associations between socio-economic status and environmental pollution
by Briggs, David & Abellan, Juan J. & Fecht, Daniela
- 1630-1640 Gender-specific responses to social determinants associated with self-perceived health in Taiwan: A multilevel approach
by Chen, Duan-Rung & Chang, Ly-Yun & Yang, Meng-Li
November 2008, Volume 67, Issue 9
- 1341-1342 Changes at Social Science & Medicine
by Annandale, Ellen
- 1343-1355 Media campaigns to promote smoking cessation among socioeconomically disadvantaged populations: What do we know, what do we need to learn, and what should we do now?
by Niederdeppe, Jeff & Kuang, Xiaodong & Crock, Brittney & Skelton, Ashley
- 1356-1358 Examining the evidence base of mass media campaigns for socially disadvantaged populations: What do we know, what do we need to learn, and what should we do now? A commentary on Niederdeppe's article
by Fagan, Pebbles
- 1359-1360 Critical steps in building the evidence base regarding media campaign effects on disadvantaged populations: A response to Fagan
by Niederdeppe, Jeff & Kuang, Xiaodong & Crock, Brittney & Skelton, Ashley
- 1361-1369 Carrier matching and collective socialization in community genetics: Dor Yeshorim and the reinforcement of stigma
by Raz, Aviad E. & Vizner, Yafa
- 1370-1381 An uncertain revolution: Why the rise of a genetic model of mental illness has not increased tolerance
by Schnittker, Jason
- 1382-1390 'Avoiding harm to others' considerations in relation to parental measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination discussions - An analysis of an online chat forum
by Skea, Zoë C. & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Watt, Ian & Russell, Elizabeth
- 1391-1399 How are patient characteristics relevant for physicians' clinical decision making in diabetes? An analysis of qualitative results from a cross-national factorial experiment
by Lutfey, Karen E. & Campbell, Stephen M. & Renfrew, Megan R. & Marceau, Lisa D. & Roland, Martin & McKinlay, John B.
- 1400-1409 Clinical relationships tested by iatrogenicity: The case of haemophiliac patients faced with the epidemic of transfusional AIDS
by Fillion, Emmanuelle
- 1410-1422 Ethnicity and utilization of family physicians: A case study of Mainland Chinese immigrants in Toronto, Canada
by Wang, Lu & Rosenberg, Mark & Lo, Lucia
- 1423-1433 Social support, material circumstance and health behaviour: Influences on health in First Nation and Inuit communities of Canada
by Richmond, Chantelle A.M. & Ross, Nancy A.
- 1434-1446 Using in-depth qualitative data to enhance our understanding of quantitative results regarding the impact of HIV and AIDS on households in rural Uganda
by Seeley, Janet & Biraro, Samuel & Shafer, Leigh Anne & Nasirumbi, Pamela & Foster, Susan & Whitworth, Jimmy & Grosskurth, Heiner
- 1447-1455 Sex, drugs, and HIV: Rapid assessment of HIV risk behaviors among street-based drug using sex workers in Durban, South Africa
by Needle, Richard & Kroeger, Karen & Belani, Hrishikesh & Achrekar, Angeli & Parry, Charles D. & Dewing, Sarah
- 1456-1464 Marital and cohabitation status as predictors of mortality: A 10-year follow-up of an Italian elderly cohort
by Scafato, Emanuele & Galluzzo, Lucia & Gandin, Claudia & Ghirini, Silvia & Baldereschi, Marzia & Capurso, Antonio & Maggi, Stefania & Farchi, Gino & for the ILSA Working Group
- 1465-1474 Illness representations and coping following an abnormal colorectalÂ cancer screening result
by Orbell, Sheina & O'Sullivan, Ian & Parker, Ron & Steele, Bob & Campbell, Christine & Weller, David
- 1475-1479 Modeling the mental health effects of victimization among homeless persons
by Perron, Brian Edward & Alexander-Eitzman, Ben & Gillespie, David F. & Pollio, David
October 2008, Volume 67, Issue 8
- 1199-1207 Post-traumatic stress and psychiatric disorders in Palestinian adolescents following intifada-related injuries
by Khamis, Vivian
- 1208-1216 The psychological impact of the Israel-Hezbollah War on Jews and Arabs in Israel: The impact of risk and resilience factors
by Palmieri, Patrick A. & Canetti-Nisim, Daphna & Galea, Sandro & Johnson, Robert J. & Hobfoll, Stevan E.
- 1217-1224 Understanding adjustment following traumatic brain injury: Is the Goodness-of-Fit coping hypothesis useful?
by Kendall, Elizabeth & Terry, Deborah J.
- 1225-1235 HIV-related stigma: Adapting a theoretical framework for use in India
by Steward, Wayne T. & Herek, Gregory M. & Ramakrishna, Jayashree & Bharat, Shalini & Chandy, Sara & Wrubel, Judith & Ekstrand, Maria L.
- 1236-1246 Community factors affecting rising caesarean section rates in developing countries: An analysis of six countries
by Leone, Tiziana & Padmadas, Sabu S. & Matthews, Zoë
- 1247-1257 Socioeconomic domains and associations with preterm birth
by Messer, Lynne C. & Vinikoor, Lisa C. & Laraia, Barbara A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Eyster, Janet & Holzman, Claudia & Culhane, Jennifer & Elo, Irma & Burke, Jessica G. & O'Campo, Patricia
- 1258-1268 Does place explain racial health disparities? Quantifying the contribution of residential context to the Black/white health gap in the United States
by Do, D. Phuong & Finch, Brian Karl & Basurto-Davila, Ricardo & Bird, Chloe & Escarce, Jose & Lurie, Nicole
- 1269-1281 Recent changes in the geography of social disparities in premature mortality in Québec
by Pampalon, Robert & Hamel, Denis & Gamache, Philippe
- 1282-1290 Is caring associated with an increased risk of mortality? A longitudinal study
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Connolly, Sheelah & Rosato, Michael & Patterson, Chris
- 1291-1299 Life sustaining irritations? Relationship quality and mortality in the context of chronic illness
by Birditt, Kira & Antonucci, Toni C.
- 1300-1310 Differential effect of birthplace and length of residence on body mass index (BMI) by education, gender and race/ethnicity
by Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Sánchez, Brisa N. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores
- 1311-1320 Kidney disease and the cumulative burden of life course socioeconomic conditions: The Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study
by Shoham, David A. & Vupputuri, Suma & Kaufman, Jay S. & Kshirsagar, Abhijit V. & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Coresh, Josef & Heiss, Gerardo
- 1321-1330 Gender differences in relationships between social capital and individual smoking and drinking behavior in Taiwan
by Chuang, Ying-Chih & Chuang, Kun-Yang
- 1331-1339 Test of the 'healthy migrant hypothesis': A longitudinal analysis of health selectivity of internal migration in Indonesia
by Lu, Yao
October 2008, Volume 67, Issue 7
- 1047-1055 The habitus of hygiene: Discourses of cleanliness and infection control in nursing work
by Brown, Brian & Crawford, Paul & Nerlich, Brigitte & Koteyko, Nelya
- 1056-1064 Is my sick child healthy? Is my healthy child sick?: Changing parental experiences of cystic fibrosis in the age of expanded newborn screening
by Grob, Rachel
- 1065-1073 Are drug treatment services only for 'thieving junkie scumbags'? Drug users and the management of stigmatised identities
by Radcliffe, Polly & Stevens, Alex
- 1074-1082 Weaving meaning? An exploration of the interplay between lay and professional understandings of cervical cancer risk
by Armstrong, Natalie & Murphy, Elizabeth
- 1083-1093 'I really tried': Management of normative issues in accounts ofÂ responsesÂ to infertility
by de Kok, Bregje Christina & Widdicombe, Sue
- 1094-1103 Forty days and forty nights: A biocultural perspective on postpartum practices in the Amazon
by Piperata, Barbara Ann
- 1104-1112 The social construction of surrogacy research: An anthropological critique of the psychosocial scholarship on surrogate motherhood
by Teman, Elly
- 1113-1121 Older people's views of a good death in heart failure: Implications for palliative care provision
by Gott, M. & Small, Neil & Barnes, Sarah & Payne, Sheila & Seamark, David
- 1122-1132 Assessing the effectiveness of interventions to promote advance directives among older adults: A systematic review and multi-level analysis
by Bravo, Gina & Dubois, Marie-France & Wagneur, Bernard
- 1133-1142 Discourses of disease, discourses of disadvantage: A critical analysis of National Pandemic Influenza Preparedness Plans
by Garoon, Joshua P. & Duggan, Patrick S.
- 1143-1152 Where there's a will, is there a way?: Is New Zealand's publicly funded health sector able to steer towards population health?
by Tenbensel, Tim & Cumming, Jacqueline & Ashton, Toni & Barnett, Pauline
- 1153-1163 Family practice: Professional identity in transition. A case study of family medicine in Canada
by Beaulieu, Marie-Dominique & Rioux, Marc & Rocher, Guy & Samson, Louise & Boucher, Laurier
- 1164-1172 Evaluating the impact of eligibility for free care on the use of general practitioner (GP) services: A difference-in-difference matching approach
by Nolan, Anne
- 1173-1182 Dynamic process of adverse selection: Evidence from a subsidized community-based health insurance in rural China
by Zhang, Licheng & Wang, Hong
- 1183-1189 Insurance covered and non-covered complementary and alternative medicine utilisation among adults in Taiwan
by Shih, Shu-Fang & Lew-Ting, Chih-Yin & Chang, Hsing-Yi & Kuo, Ken N.
- 1190-1198 Welfarism, extra-welfarism and capability: The spread of ideas in health economics
by Coast, Joanna & Smith, Richard D. & Lorgelly, Paula
September 2008, Volume 67, Issue 6
- 891-899 Small area inequalities in health: Are we underestimating them?
by Stafford, Mai & Duke-Williams, Oliver & Shelton, Nicola
- 900-914 Do poorer people have poorer access to local resources and facilities? The distribution of local resources by area deprivation in Glasgow, Scotland
by Macintyre, Sally & Macdonald, Laura & Ellaway, Anne
- 915-927 Individual factors explain neighbourhood variations in accidents to children under 5 years of age
by Reading, Richard & Jones, Andrew & Haynes, Robin & Daras, Konstantinos & Emond, Alan
- 928-937 Cancer survival in New Zealand: Ethnic, social and geographical inequalities
by Haynes, Robin & Pearce, Jamie & Barnett, Ross
- 938-946 Creating intoxigenic environments: Marketing alcohol to young people in Aotearoa New Zealand
by McCreanor, Tim & Barnes, Helen Moewaka & Kaiwai, Hector & Borell, Suaree & Gregory, Amanda
- 947-955 Is the duration of poverty and unemployment a risk factor for heavy drinking?
by Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 956-964 Going ill to work - What personal circumstances, attitudes and work-related factors are associated with sickness presenteeism?
by Hansen, Claus D. & Andersen, Johan H.
- 965-970 The impact of systematic occupational health and safety management for occupational disorders and long-term work attendance
by Dellve, Lotta & Skagert, Katrin & Eklöf, Mats
- 971-981 Relationship of socioeconomic status to C-reactive protein and arterial stiffness in urban Japanese civil servants
by Saijo, Yasuaki & Yoshioka, Eiji & Fukui, Tomonori & Kawaharada, Mariko & Kishi, Reiko
- 982-987 Do social comparisons explain the association between income inequality and health?: Relative deprivation and perceived health among male and female Japanese individuals
by Kondo, Naoki & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Takeda, Yasuhisa & Yamagata, Zentaro
- 988-1001 Explaining gender differences in ill-health in South Korea: The roles of socio-structural, psychosocial, and behavioral factors
by Chun, Heeran & Khang, Young-Ho & Kim, Il-Ho & Cho, Sung-Il
- 1002-1008 Informal and formal care for elderly persons: How adult children's characteristics affect the use of formal care in Japan
by Hanaoka, Chie & Norton, Edward C.
- 1009-1017 How important are individual, household and commune characteristics in explaining utilization of maternal health services in Vietnam?
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Sarma, Sisira & Simpson, Wayne & Moshiri, Saeed
- 1018-1027 Understanding a collaborative effort to reduce racial and ethnic disparities in health care: Contributions from social network analysis
by Gold, Marsha & Doreian, Patrick & Taylor, Erin Fries
- 1028-1037 Doing' public health and 'making' public health practitioners: Putting policy into practice in 'Starting Well
by Mackenzie, Mhairi
- 1038-1045 An exploration of food intolerance in the primary care setting: The general practitioner's experience
by Nelson, Mia & Ogden, Jane
September 2008, Volume 67, Issue 5
- 685-695 Ethics and the ethnography of medical research in Africa
by Molyneux, Sassy & Geissler, P. Wenzel
- 696-707 'He is now like a brother, I can even give him some blood' - Relational ethics and material exchanges in a malaria vaccine 'trial community' in The Gambia
by Geissler, P. Wenzel & Kelly, Ann & Imoukhuede, Babatunde & Pool, Robert
- 708-720 Taking social relationships seriously: Lessons learned from the informed consent practices of a vaccine trial on the Kenyan Coast
by Gikonyo, Caroline & Bejon, Philip & Marsh, Vicki & Molyneux, Sassy
- 721-733 Beginning community engagement at a busy biomedical research programme: Experiences from the KEMRI CGMRC-Wellcome Trust Research Programme, Kilifi, Kenya
by Marsh, Vicki & Kamuya, Dorcas & Rowa, Yvonne & Gikonyo, Caroline & Molyneux, Sassy
- 734-747 Promoting the social value of research in Kenya: Examining the practical aspects of collaborative partnerships using an ethical framework
by Lairumbi, Geoffrey Mbaabu & Molyneux, Sassy & Snow, Robert W. & Marsh, Kevin & Peshu, Norbert & English, Mike
- 748-759 The interface between research and policy: Experience from South Africa
by Gilson, Lucy & McIntyre, Di
- 760-770 The research, policy and practice interface: Reflections on using applied social research to promote equity in health in Malawi
by Theobald, Sally & Nhlema-Simwaka, Bertha
- 771-779 Ethical dilemmas of social science research on AIDS and orphanhood in Western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno
- 780-789 "I know he controls cancer": The meanings of religion among Black Caribbean and White British patients with advanced cancer
by Koffman, Jonathan & Morgan, Myfanwy & Edmonds, Polly & Speck, Peter & Higginson, Irene J.
- 790-798 HIV/AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: Accounts of HIV-positive Caribbean people in the United Kingdom
by Anderson, Moji & Elam, Gillian & Gerver, Sarah & Solarin, Ijeoma & Fenton, Kevin & Easterbrook, Philippa
- 799-807 Vulnerability, gender and "proxy negativity": Women in relationships with HIV-positive men in Australia
by Persson, Asha & Richards, Wendy
- 808-816 The weaker sex? Exploring lay understandings of gender differences in life expectancy: A qualitative study
by Emslie, Carol & Hunt, Kate
- 817-823 Seeking refuge from violence in street-based drug scenes: Women's experiences in North America's first supervised injection facility
by Fairbairn, Nadia & Small, Will & Shannon, Kate & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 824-833 Racial disparity in bacterial vaginosis: the role of socioeconomic status, psychosocial stress, and neighborhood characteristics, and possible implications for preterm birth
by Paul, Kathleen & Boutain, Doris & Manhart, Lisa & Hitti, Jane
- 834-843 Caring for independent lives: Geographies of caring for young adults with intellectual disabilities
by Power, Andrew
- 844-853 Coping with the Asian tsunami: Perspectives from Tamil Nadu, India on the determinants of resilience in the face of adversity
by Rajkumar, Anto P. & Premkumar, Titus S. & Tharyan, Prathap
- 854-862 The persistent problem of malaria: Addressing the fundamental causes of a global killer
by Stratton, Leeanne & O'Neill, Marie S. & Kruk, Margaret E. & Bell, Michelle L.
- 863-873 BCG vaccination and WHO's global strategy for tuberculosis control 1948-1983
by Brimnes, Niels
- 874-882 Valuing the ICECAP capability index for older people
by Coast, Joanna & Flynn, Terry N. & Natarajan, Lucy & Sproston, Kerry & Lewis, Jane & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J.
- 883-889 Comparison of two methods of eliciting time preference for future health states
by van der Pol, Marjon & Cairns, John
August 2008, Volume 67, Issue 4
- 487-496 Determinants of provider choice for malaria treatment: Experiences from The Gambia
by Wiseman, Virginia & Scott, Anthony & Conteh, Lesong & McElroy, Brendan & Stevens, Warren
- 497-504 Differences in influence patterns between groups predicting the adoption of a solar disinfection technology for drinking water in Bolivia
by Moser, Stephanie & Mosler, Hans-Joachim
- 505-510 Should we have confidence if a physician is accredited? A study of the relative impacts of accreditation and insurance payments on quality of care in the Philippines
by Quimbo, Stella A. & Peabody, John W. & Shimkhada, Riti & Woo, Kimberly & Solon, Orville
- 511-519 Health costs from short-term exposure to pesticides in Nepal
by Atreya, Kishor
- 520-528 Interaction of working conditions, job satisfaction, and sickness absences: Evidence from a representative sample of employees
by Böckerman, Petri & Ilmakunnas, Pekka
- 529-539 The association of major depressive episodes with income inequality and the human development index
by Cifuentes, Manuel & Sembajwe, Grace & Tak, SangWoo & Gore, Rebecca & Kriebel, David & Punnett, Laura
- 540-545 Predictors of female worker attitudes towards menstruation and the provision of help to institutionalized women with intellectual disabilities in Taiwan
by Chou, Yueh-Ching & Lu, Zxy-yann J. & Pu, Cheng-yun & Lan, Chung-Fu
- 546-556 Perceptions of medical interactions between healthcare providers and American Indian older adults
by Garroutte, Eva Marie & Sarkisian, Natalia & Goldberg, Jack & Buchwald, Dedra & Beals, Janette
- 557-567 The effects of harassment and victimization on self-rated health and mental health among Canadian adolescents
by Abada, Teresa & Hou, Feng & Ram, Bali
- 568-582 Actual or potential neighborhood resources and access to them: Testing hypotheses of social capital for the health of female caregivers
by Carpiano, Richard M.
- 583-589 Caregivers' experiences of caring for a husband with Parkinson's disease and psychotic symptoms
by Williamson, Caroline & Simpson, Jane & Murray, Craig D.
- 590-605 Health in China and India: A cross-country comparison in a context of rapid globalisation
by Dummer, Trevor J.B. & Cook, Ian G.
- 606-617 Social capital and self-rated health: Results from the US 2006 social capital survey of one community
by Schultz, Jennifer & O'Brien, A. Maureen & Tadesse, Bedassa
- 618-627 The impact of over-the-counter availability of "Plan B" on teens' contraceptive decision making
by Krishnamurti, Tamar & Eggers, Sara L. & Fischhoff, Baruch
- 628-637 Effectiveness of web-based education on Kenyan and Brazilian adolescents' knowledge about HIV/AIDS, abortion law, and emergency contraception: Findings from TeenWeb
by Halpern, Carolyn Tucker & Mitchell, Ellen M.H. & Farhat, Tilda & Bardsley, Phil
- 638-646 Religious treatments for drug addiction: An exploratory study in Brazil
by Sanchez, Zila van der Meer & Nappo, Solange A.
- 647-656 Dying cancer patients talk about euthanasia
by Eliott, Jaklin A. & Olver, Ian N.
- 657-665 Beliefs about common health problems and work: A qualitative study
by Barnes, Maria Carla & Buck, Rhiannon & Williams, Gareth & Webb, Katie & Aylward, Mansel
- 666-672 Longitudinal studies to detect geneÂ xÂ environment interactions in common disease - Bang for your buck? A commentary on Chaufan's "How much can a large population study on genes, environments, their interactions and common diseases contribute to the health of the American people?" (65:8, 1730-1741(2007))
by Robertson, Stephen & Poulton, Richie
- 673-674 A letter response to Chaufan's "How much can a large population study on genes, environments, their interactions and common diseases contribute to the health of the American people?" (65:8, 2007, 1730-1741)
by Tuckson, Reed V. & Willard, Huntington F.
- 675-683 In search of "genetic predispositions" to common diseases: Bang for your buck? Not really. A response to Robertson and Poulton, and Tuckson and Willard
by Chaufan, Claudia
August 2008, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 351-357 Stigma, prejudice, discrimination and health
by Stuber, Jennifer & Meyer, Ilan & Link, Bruce
- 358-367 Stigma and prejudice: One animal or two?
by Phelan, Jo C. & Link, Bruce G. & Dovidio, John F.
- 368-379 Social patterning of stress and coping: Does disadvantaged social statuses confer more stress and fewer coping resources?
by Meyer, Ilan H. & Schwartz, Sharon & Frost, David M.
- 380-388 Stigma, social inequality, and HIV risk disclosure among Dominican male sex workers
by Padilla, Mark & Castellanos, Daniel & Guilamo-Ramos, Vincent & Reyes, Armando Matiz & Sánchez Marte, Leonardo E. & Soriano, Martha Arredondo
- 389-397 Church ladies, good girls, and locas: Stigma and the intersection of gender, ethnicity, mental illness, and sexuality in relation to HIV risk
by Collins, Pamela Y. & von Unger, Hella & Armbrister, Adria
- 398-408 'Face' and the embodiment of stigma in China: The cases of schizophrenia and AIDS
by Yang, Lawrence Hsin & Kleinman, Arthur
- 409-419 Stigma and coercion in the context of outpatient treatment for people with mental illnesses
by Link, Bruce & Castille, Dorothy M. & Stuber, Jennifer
- 420-430 Smoking and the emergence of a stigmatized social status
by Stuber, Jennifer & Galea, Sandro & Link, Bruce G.
- 431-440 Rethinking theoretical approaches to stigma: A Framework Integrating Normative Influences on Stigma (FINIS)
by Pescosolido, Bernice A. & Martin, Jack K. & Lang, Annie & Olafsdottir, Sigrun
- 441-452 Perceived discrimination, race and health in South Africa
by Williams, David R. & Gonzalez, Hector M. & Williams, Stacey & Mohammed, Selina A. & Moomal, Hashim & Stein, Dan J.
- 453-462 Reasons for disclosing depression matter: The consequences of having egosystem and ecosystem goals
by Garcia, Julie A. & Crocker, Jennifer
- 463-472 Stigma and the ethics of public health: Not can we but should we
by Bayer, Ronald
- 473-475 Stigma, ethics and policy: A commentary on Bayer's "Stigma and the ethics of public health: Not can we but should we"
by Burris, Scott
- 476-477 What means this thing called stigma? A response to Burris
by Bayer, Ronald
- 478-486 Disparities and distrust: The implications of psychological processes for understanding racial disparities in health and health care
by Dovidio, John F. & Penner, Louis A. & Albrecht, Terrance L. & Norton, Wynne E. & Gaertner, Samuel L. & Shelton, J. Nicole
July 2008, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 205-217 The sequelae of political violence: Assessing trauma, suffering and dislocation in the Peruvian highlands
by Pedersen, Duncan & Tremblay, Jacques & Errázuriz, Consuelo & Gamarra, Jeffrey
- 218-227 Debating war-trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in an interdisciplinary arena
by Kienzler, Hanna
- 228-237 "Feeling blue" in Spanish: A qualitative inquiry of depression among Mexican immigrants
by Lackey, Gerald F.
- 238-252 Abortion and anxiety: What's the relationship?
by Steinberg, Julia Renee & Russo, Nancy F.
- 253-261 Conflict rationalisation: How family members cope with a diagnosis of brain stem death
by Long, Tracy & Sque, Magi & Addington-Hall, Julia
- 262-270 The elementary forms of care: An empirical approach to ethics in a South African Hospital
by Fassin, Didier
- 271-279 Consequences of a decentralized healthcare governance model: Measuring regional authority support for patient choice in Sweden
by Fredriksson, Mio & Winblad, Ulrika
- 280-291 Partnerships in primary care in Australia: Network structure, dynamics and sustainability
by Lewis, Jenny M. & Baeza, Juan I. & Alexander, Damon
- 292-300 District-based malaria epidemic early warning systems in East Africa: Perceptions of acceptability and usefulness among key staff at health facility, district and central levels
by Jones, Caroline & Abeku, Tarekegn A. & Rapuoda, Beth & Okia, Michael & Cox, Jonathan
- 301-310 The relationship of acceptance or denial of HIV-status to antiretroviral adherence among adult HIV patients in urban Botswana
by Nam, Sara L. & Fielding, Katherine & Avalos, Ava & Dickinson, Diana & Gaolathe, Tendani & Geissler, P. Wenzel
- 311-320 Mobilizing collective identity to reduce HIV risk among sex workers in Sonagachi, India: The boundaries, consciousness, negotiation framework
by Ghose, Toorjo & Swendeman, Dallas & George, Sheba & Chowdhury, Debasish
- 321-329 Social norms information enhances the efficacy of an appearance-based sun protection intervention
by Mahler, Heike I.M. & Kulik, James A. & Butler, Heather A. & Gerrard, Meg & Gibbons, Frederick X.
- 330-340 Socioeconomic status and health: The role of subjective social status
by Demakakos, Panayotes & Nazroo, James & Breeze, Elizabeth & Marmot, Michael
- 341-349 Measuring the school impact on child obesity
by Procter, Kimberley L. & Rudolf, Mary C. & Feltbower, Richard G. & Levine, Ronnie & Connor, Anne & Robinson, Michael & Clarke, Graham P.
July 2008, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-9 Framing disease: An underappreciated mechanism for the social patterning of health
by Aronowitz, Robert
- 10-13 A case of old wine in re-labeled bottles? A commentary on Aronowitz
by Kunitz, Stephen J.
- 14-17 Out from under the skin: Disease etiology, biology and society: A commentary on Aronowitz
by Fullwiley, Duana
- 18-19 Revisiting labeling theory and health: A commentary on Aronowitz
by Nathanson, Constance
- 20-22 Rejoinder to commentaries on "Framing disease: an underappreciated mechanism for the social patterning of health"
by Aronowitz, Robert
- 23-30 Pathways to depression: The impact of neighborhood violent crime on inner-city residents in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
by Curry, Aaron & Latkin, Carl & Davey-Rothwell, Melissa
- 31-37 Does neighborhood violence lead to depression among caregivers of children with asthma?
by Tonorezos, Emily S. & Breysse, Patrick N. & Matsui, Elizabeth C. & McCormack, Meredith C. & Curtin-Brosnan, Jean & Williams, D'Ann & Hansel, Nadia N. & Eggleston, Peyton A. & Diette, Gregory B.
- 38-46 An examination of processes linking perceived neighborhood disorder and obesity
by Burdette, Amy M. & Hill, Terrence D.
- 47-56 Shifting accountability: A longitudinal qualitative study of diabetes causation accounts
by Lawton, Julia & Peel, Elizabeth & Parry, Odette & Douglas, Margaret
- 57-67 Illness experience in fibromyalgia syndrome: A metasynthesis of qualitative studies
by Sim, Julius & Madden, Sue
- 68-78 Health, healing and recovery: Therapeutic landscapes and the everyday lives of breast cancer survivors
by English, Jennifer & Wilson, Kathi & Keller-Olaman, Sue
- 79-87 The meaning of the survivor identity for women with breast cancer
by Kaiser, Karen
- 88-100 The effects of household joblessness on mental health
by Scutella, Rosanna & Wooden, Mark
- 101-110 Export of health services from developing countries: The case of Tunisia
by Lautier, Marc
- 111-121 What do people value when they provide unpaid care for an older person? A meta-ethnography with interview follow-up
by Al-Janabi, Hareth & Coast, Joanna & Flynn, Terry N.
- 122-127 Transitions into informal caregiving and out of paid employment of women in their 50s
by Berecki-Gisolf, Janneke & Lucke, Jayne & Hockey, Richard & Dobson, Annette
- 128-136 The two facets of electronic care surveillance: An exploration of the views of older people who live with monitoring devices
by Essén, Anna
- 137-146 What influences referrals within community palliative care services? A qualitative case study
by Walshe, Catherine & Chew-Graham, Carolyn & Todd, Chris & Caress, Ann
- 147-151 Are 'anonymous' and 'non-directed' prerequisites for living altruistic donation? The views of transplant physicians from France and Québec
by Fortin, Marie-Chantal & Dion-Labrie, Marianne & Hébert, Marie-Josée & Achille, Marie & Doucet, Hubert
- 152-160 Contending visions in the evolution of genetic medicine: The case of cancer genetic services in Ontario, Canada
by Miller, Fiona Alice & Giacomini, Mita & Ahern, Catherine
- 161-164 Reducing child mortality in Nigeria: A case study of immunization and systemic factors
by Ngowu, Rufus & Larson, James S. & Kim, Min Su
- 165-176 Who's talking? Communication between health providers and HIV-infected adults related to herbal medicine for AIDS treatment in western Uganda
by Langlois-Klassen, Deanne & Kipp, Walter & Rubaale, Tom
- 177-182 Using 'complexity' for improving educational research in health care
by Cooper, Helen & Geyer, Robert
- 183-194 Tacit and encoded knowledge in the use of standardised outcome measures in multidisciplinary team decision making: A case study of in-patient neurorehabilitation
by Greenhalgh, Joanne & Flynn, Rob & Long, Andrew F. & Tyson, Sarah
- 195-203 Qualitative research and the politics of knowledge in an age of evidence: Developing a research-based practice of immanent critique
by Mykhalovskiy, Eric & Armstrong, Pat & Armstrong, Hugh & Bourgeault, Ivy & Choiniere, Jackie & Lexchin, Joel & Peters, Suzanne & White, Jerry
June 2008, Volume 66, Issue 12
- 2391-2400 Age and the balance of emotions
by Ross, Catherine E. & Mirowsky, John
- 2401-2412 Comparing sense of coherence, depressive symptoms and anxiety, and their relationships with health in a population-based study
by Konttinen, Hanna & Haukkala, Ari & Uutela, Antti
- 2413-2424 Azúcar y nervios: Explanatory models and treatment experiences of Hispanics with diabetes and depression
by Cabassa, Leopoldo J. & Hansen, Marissa C. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Ell, Kathleen
- 2425-2435 What affects the uptake of screening for bowel cancer using a faecal occult blood test (FOBt): A qualitative study
by Chapple, Alison & Ziebland, Sue & Hewitson, Paul & McPherson, Ann
- 2436-2447 How Japanese parents of deaf children arrive at decisions regarding pediatric cochlear implantation surgery: A qualitative study
by Okubo, Suguru & Takahashi, Miyako & Kai, Ichiro
- 2448-2459 Preferences and choices for care and health insurance
by van den Berg, Bernard & Van Dommelen, Paula & Stam, Piet & Laske-Aldershof, Trea & Buchmueller, Tom & Schut, Frederik T.
- 2460-2473 Community-based health insurance and access to maternal health services: Evidence from three West African countries
by Smith, Kimberly V. & Sulzbach, Sara
- 2474-2485 Social services utilization by adults with intellectual disabilities and their families
by Chou, Yueh-Ching & Lee, Yue-Chune & Lin, Li-Chan & Chang, Ai-Ning & Huang, Wei-Yi
- 2486-2494 When to seek health care: A duration analysis for malaria patients in Nepal
by Sharma, Vijaya Raj
- 2495-2505 Practicing research ethics: Private-sector physicians & pharmaceutical clinical trials
by Fisher, Jill A.
- 2506-2519 Best research - For what? Best health - For whom? A critical exploration of primary care research using discourse analysis
by Shaw, Sara E. & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2520-2531 Biomedical scientists' perception of the social sciences in health research
by Albert, Mathieu & Laberge, Suzanne & Hodges, Brian D. & Regehr, Glenn & Lingard, Lorelei
- 2532-2543 The expansion of abnormality and the biomedical norm: Neonatal screening, prenatal diagnosis and cystic fibrosis in France
by Vailly, Joëlle
- 2544-2554 What British women say matters to them about donating an aborted fetus to stem cell research: A focus group study
by Pfeffer, Naomi
- 2555-2561 A multilevel examination of exercise intention and behavior during pregnancy
by Hausenblas, Heather & Downs, Danielle Symons & Giacobbi, Peter & Tuccitto, Danny & Cook, Brian
- 2562-2572 Brittle bones, pain and fractures - Lay constructions of osteoporosis among Norwegian women attending the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT)
by Skolbekken, John-Arne & Østerlie, Wenche & Forsmo, Siri
- 2573-2584 Factors that influence body image representations of black Muslim women
by Odoms-Young, Angela
- 2585-2595 You are what you eat? Vegetarianism, health and identity
by Fox, Nick & Ward, Katie J.
- 2596-2609 How socio-economic status contributes to participation in leisure-time physical activity
by Cerin, Ester & Leslie, Eva
June 2008, Volume 66, Issue 11
- 2185-2194 The Cedar Project: Historical trauma, sexual abuse and HIV risk among young Aboriginal people who use injection and non-injection drugs in two Canadian cities
by For the Cedar Project Partnership & Pearce, Margo E. & Christian, Wayne M. & Patterson, Katharina & Norris, Kat & Moniruzzaman, Akm & Craib, Kevin J.P. & Schechter, Martin T. & Spittal, Patricia M.
- 2195-2205 My peers, my friend, and I: Peer interactions and somatic complaints in boys and girls
by Jellesma, Francine C. & Rieffe, Carolien & Terwogt, Mark Meerum
- 2206-2217 Beefing up with the Chans: Evidence for the effects of relative income and income inequality on health from the China Health and Nutrition Survey
by Chen, Zhuo & Meltzer, David
- 2218-2229 The association of fast food, fruit and vegetable prices with dietary intakes among US adults: Is there modification by family income?
by Beydoun, May A. & Powell, Lisa M. & Wang, Youfa
- 2230-2239 Eating patterns may mediate the association between marital status, body mass index, and blood cholesterol levels in apparently healthy men and women from the ATTICA study
by Yannakoulia, Mary & Panagiotakos, Demosthenes & Pitsavos, Christos & Skoumas, Yannis & Stafanadis, Christodoulos
- 2240-2252 The contribution of job characteristics to socioeconomic inequalities in incidence of myocardial infarction
by Huisman, Martijn & Van Lenthe, Frank & Avendano, Mauricio & Mackenbach, Johan
- 2253-2267 Neighborhoods and disability in later life
by Freedman, Vicki A. & Grafova, Irina B. & Schoeni, Robert F. & Rogowski, Jeannette
- 2268-2280 Contextual social capital as a risk factor for poor self-rated health: A multilevel analysis
by Engström, Karin & Mattsson, Fredrik & Järleborg, Anders & Hallqvist, Johan
- 2281-2295 Welfare state regimes and differences in self-perceived health in Europe: A multilevel analysis
by Eikemo, Terje Andreas & Bambra, Clare & Judge, Ken & Ringdal, Kristen
- 2296-2307 The economic impact of chronic diseases: How do households respond to shocks? Evidence from Russia
by Abegunde, Dele Olawale & Stanciole, Anderson E.
- 2308-2320 Equity in health care financing in Palestine: The value-added of the disaggregate approach
by Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Luchini, Stéphane & Moatti, Jean-Paul
- 2321-2334 Doing well by doing good. The relationship between formal volunteering and self-reported health and happiness
by Borgonovi, Francesca