Social Science & Medicine
2004, Volume 58, Issue 5
- 929-938 Good enough death: autonomy and choice in Australian palliative care
by McNamara, Beverley
- 939-953 Narrative nuances on good and bad deaths: internists' tales from high-technology work places
by DelVecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Gadmer, Nina M. & Ruopp, Patricia & Lakoma, Matthew & Sullivan, Amy M. & Redinbaugh, Ellen & Arnold, Robert M. & Block, Susan D.
- 955-966 "You're not going to dehydrate mom, are you?": Euthanasia, versterving, and good death in the Netherlands
by Pool, Robert
- 967-974 Media constructions of dying alone: a form of 'bad death'
by Seale, Clive
- 975-985 Ancient euthanasia: 'good death' and the doctor in the graeco-Roman world
by Van Hooff, Anton J. L.
- 987-995 Good death and bad death in ancient Israel according to biblical lore
by Spronk, Klaas
2004, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 671-674 Introduction to: Heresy and orthodoxy in medical theory and research
by Jones, R. Kenneth
- 675-685 The role of methods in maintaining orthodox beliefs in health research
by Dean, Kathryn
- 687-696 The ambivalence of error: "scientific ideology" in the history of the life sciences and psychosomatic medicine
by Greco, Monica
- 697-702 From the biomedical model to the Islamic alternative: a brief overview of medical practices in the contemporary Arab world
by Adib, Salim M.
- 703-712 Schism and heresy in the development of orthodox medicine: The threat to medical hegemony
by Jones, R. Kenneth
- 713-725 Dissent and heresy in medicine: models, methods, and strategies
by Martin, Brian
- 727-738 Clinical medicine and the quest for certainty
by Gillett, Grant
- 739-752 Negative pathways to psychiatric care and ethnicity: the bridge between social science and psychiatry
by Morgan, Craig & Mallett, Rosemarie & Hutchinson, Gerard & Leff, Julian
- 753-765 Reforming health care financing in Bulgaria: the population perspective
by Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 767-785 Exploring the pathways leading from disadvantage to end-stage renal disease for Indigenous Australians
by Cass, Alan & Cunningham, Joan & Snelling, Paul & Wang, Zhiqiang & Hoy, Wendy
- 787-798 Coercive sex in rural Uganda: Prevalence and associated risk factors
by Koenig, Michael A. & Lutalo, Tom & Zhao, Feng & Nalugoda, Fred & Kiwanuka, Noah & Wabwire-Mangen, Fred & Kigozi, Godfrey & Sewankambo, Nelson & Wagman, Jennifer & Serwadda, David & Wawer, Maria & Gray, Ron
- 799-809 Comparing directly measured standard gamble scores to HUI2 and HUI3 utility scores: group- and individual-level comparisons
by Feeny, David & Furlong, William & Saigal, Saroj & Sun, Jian
- 811-824 Lay conceptions of the ethical and scientific justifications for random allocation in clinical trials
by Robinson, Elizabeth J. & Kerr, Cicely & Stevens, Andrew & Lilford, Richard & Braunholtz, David & Edwards, Sarah
- 825-836 Governing peanuts: the regulation of the social bodies of children and the risks of food allergies
by Rous, Trevor & Hunt, Alan
- 837-849 Dilemmas in sharing care: maternal provision of professionally driven therapy for children with disabilities
by Leiter, Valerie
- 851-862 From compliance to concordance: barriers to accomplishing a re-framed model of health care interactions
by Bissell, Paul & May, Carl R. & Noyce, Peter R.
- 863-877 Maternal literacy and health behavior: a Nepalese case study
by LeVine, Robert A. & LeVine, Sarah E. & Rowe, Meredith L. & Schnell-Anzola, Beatrice
2004, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 449-461 Perceived stress following race-based discrimination at work is associated with hypertension in African-Americans. The metro Atlanta heart disease study, 1999-2001
by Din-Dzietham, Rebecca & Nembhard, Wendy N. & Collins, Rakale & Davis, Sharon K.
- 463-470 The extraordinary decline of infant and childhood mortality among Palestinian refugees
by Khawaja, Marwan
- 471-485 Distribution of distress in post-socialist Mongolia: a cultural epidemiology of yadargaa
by Kohrt, Brandon A. & Hruschka, Daniel J. & Kohrt, Holbrook E. & Panebianco, Nova L. & Tsagaankhuu, G.
- 487-498 Suicidality and cultural values among Hong Kong adolescents
by Lam, T. H. & Stewart, Sunita M. & Yip, Paul S. F. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Ho, L. M. & Ho, S. Y. & Lee, Peter W. H.
- 499-514 Children's nutrition in Jamaica: do household structure and household economic resources matter?
by Bronte-Tinkew, Jacinta & DeJong, Gordon
- 515-524 The social context of reproductive health in an Egyptian hamlet: a pilot study to identify female genital schistosomiasis
by Talaat, Maha & Watts, Susan & Mekheimar, Shahinaz & Farook Ali, Heba & Hamed, Howaida
- 525-537 Criterion and content validity of a novel structured haggling contingent valuation question format versus the bidding game and binary with follow-up format
by Onwujekwe, Obinna
- 539-551 The pursuit of equity in NHS resource allocation: should morbidity replace utilisation as the basis for setting health care capitations?
by Asthana, Sheena & Gibson, Alex & Moon, Graham & Dicker, John & Brigham, Philip
- 553-564 User fees at a public hospital in Cambodia: effects on hospital performance and provider attitudes
by Akashi, Hidechika & Yamada, Takako & Huot, Eng & Kanal, Koum & Sugimoto, Takao
- 565-575 The effects of US state income inequality and alcohol policies on symptoms of depression and alcohol dependence
by Henderson, Claire & Liu, Xinhua & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Link, Bruce G. & Hasin, Deborah
- 577-584 Assessing the impact of SSRI antidepressants on popular notions of women's depressive illness
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Angel, Joni
- 585-594 Labor market experience, work organization, gender inequalities and health status: results from a prospective analysis of US employed women
by O'Campo, Patricia & Eaton, William W. & Muntaner, Carles
- 595-602 Association of self-reported religiosity and mortality in industrial employees: the CORDIS study
by Kraut, Allen & Melamed, Samuel & Gofer, Daphna & Froom, Paul
- 603-614 Practitioners' impressions of patients with Parkinson's disease: the social ecology of the expressive mask
by Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Doyle Lyons, Kathleen
- 615-622 Social participation and coronary heart disease: a follow-up study of 6900 women and men in Sweden
by Sundquist, Kristina & Lindström, Martin & Malmström, Marianne & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Sundquist, Jan
- 623-629 Knowledge and beliefs of primary care physicians, pharmacists, and parents on antibiotic use for the pediatric common cold
by Cho, Hong-Jun & Hong, Soo-Jong & Park, Sylvia
- 631-643 A story of maladies, misconceptions and mishaps: effective management of heart failure
by Horowitz, Carol R. & Rein, Stephanie B. & Leventhal, Howard
- 645-656 Is going to church good or bad for you? Denomination, attendance and mental health of children in West Scotland
by Abbotts, Joanne E. & Williams, Rory G. A. & Sweeting, Helen N. & West, Patrick B.
- 657-657 Alt and Swartz 'task oriented nursing in tuberculosis control programme in South Africa: where does it come from and what keeps it going?'
by Shields, Linda
- 659-660 Assessing the quality of life of patients in phases I and II anti-cancer drug trials: Interviews versus questionnaires by Cox K
by McKenna, Stephen P.
- 661-661 Assessing the quality of life in phase I and II anti-cancer drug trials: interviews versus questionnaires
by Cox, Karen
2004, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 223-225 Falling short of expectations: public health interventions in developing and transition economies
by Jack, William & Lewis, Maureen
- 227-235 Provision of ambulatory health services in Poland: a case study from Krakow
by Chawla, Mukesh & Berman, Peter & Windak, Adam & Kulis, Marzena
- 237-246 Informal payments for health care in transition economies
by Ensor, Tim
- 247-258 Poverty, out-of-pocket payments and access to health care: evidence from Tajikistan
by Falkingham, Jane
- 259-265 Risk segmentation and equity in the Chilean mandatory health insurance system
by Sapelli, Claudio
- 267-277 Addressing government and market failures with payment incentives: Hospital reimbursement reform in Hainan, China
by Yip, Winnie & Eggleston, Karen
- 279-292 Wage inequality, the health system, and infant mortality in wealthy industrialized countries, 1970-1996
by Macinko, James A. & Shi, Leiyu & Starfield, Barbara
- 293-304 Did the distribution of health insurance in China continue to grow less equitable in the nineties? Results from a longitudinal survey
by Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Lance, Peter M.
- 305-314 A direct method for estimating the compensating income variation for severe headache and migraine
by Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriëtte
- 315-320 Optimisation versus certainty: understanding the issue of heterogeneity in economic evaluation
by Stevens, Warren & Normand, Charles
- 321-330 A sociological perspective on public participation in health care
by Contandriopoulos, Damien
- 331-341 The New Zealand health reforms: dividing the labour of care
by Fitzgerald, Ruth
- 343-355 Determinants and consequences of health worker motivation in hospitals in Jordan and Georgia
by Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth & Stubblebine, Patrick
- 357-367 Organisational simplification and secondary complexity in health services for adults with learning disabilities
by Heyman, Bob & Swain, John & Gillman, Maureen
- 369-378 Dementia: sociological and philosophical constructions
by Davis, Daniel H. J.
- 379-390 Developing ethical strategies to assist oncologists in seeking informed consent to cancer clinical trials
by Brown, R. F. & Butow, P. N. & Butt, D. G. & Moore, A. R. & Tattersall, M. H. N.
- 391-400 Bereaved parents' experience of research participation
by Dyregrov, Kari
- 401-409 Therapeutic and reproductive cloning: a critique
by Bowring, Finn
- 427-444 Is the corporate transformation of hospitals creating a new hybrid health care space? A case study of the impact of co-location of public and private hospitals in Australia
by Brown, Laurie & Barnett, J. Ross
2004, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-12 Gender and the social context of smoking behaviour
by Dedobbeleer, Nicole & Béland, Francois & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Adrian, Manuella
- 13-24 Public place restrictions on smoking in Canada: assessing the role of the state, media, science and public health advocacy
by Asbridge, Mark
- 25-39 Putting policy into practice? Poverty and people with serious mental illness
by Wilton, Robert
- 41-56 Beyond the income inequality hypothesis: class, neo-liberalism, and health inequalities
by Coburn, David
- 57-74 Area effects on health variation over the life-course: analysis of the longitudinal study sample in England using new data on area of residence in childhood
by Curtis, Sarah & Southall, H. & Congdon, P. & Dodgeon, B.
- 75-88 Health, place and childhood asthma in southwest Alaska
by Wind, Steven & Van Sickle, David & Wright, Anne L.
- 89-97 The drug industry and medical practice--the case of menopausal hormone therapy in Estonia
by Hemminki, Elina & Karttunen, Tiina & Hovi, Sirpa-Liisa & Karro, Helle
- 99-108 Sickness absence and early retirement at two workplaces--effects of organisational intervention in Sweden
by Goine, Hans & Knutsson, Anders & Marklund, Staffan & Karlsson, Berndt
- 109-118 Religion and preventative health care utilization among the elderly
by Reindl Benjamins, Maureen & Brown, Carolyn
- 119-136 Changing health inequalities in east and west Germany since unification
by Nolte, Ellen & McKee, Martin
- 137-149 Predictive genetic test decisions for Huntington's disease: context, appraisal and new moral imperatives
by Taylor, Sandra D.
- 151-160 Screening for breast cancer: candidacy and compliance
by Pfeffer, Naomi
- 161-175 Patient activism and the struggle for diagnosis: Gulf War illnesses and other medically unexplained physical symptoms in the US
by Zavestoski, Stephen & Brown, Phil & McCormick, Sabrina & Mayer, Brian & D'Ottavi, Maryhelen & Lucove, Jaime C.
- 177-192 What is important to continuity in home care?: Perspectives of key stakeholders
by Woodward, Christel A. & Abelson, Julia & Tedford, Sara & Hutchison, Brian
- 193-205 Can a brief video intervention improve breast cancer clinical trial knowledge and beliefs?
by Curbow, Barbara & Fogarty, Linda A. & McDonnell, Karen & Chill, Julia & Scott, Lisa Benz
- 207-217 Evidence-based health policy: context and utilisation
by Dobrow, Mark J. & Goel, Vivek & Upshur, R. E. G.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 12
- 2255-2264 Inequalities in child mortality in Mozambique: differentials by parental socio-economic position
by Macassa, Gloria & Ghilagaber, Gebrenegus & Bernhardt, Eva & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 2265-2279 Does stage at diagnosis influence the observed relationship between socioeconomic status and breast cancer incidence, case-fatality, and mortality?
by Robin Yabroff, K. & Gordis, Leon
- 2281-2289 Occupational class and physical activity among Japanese employees
by Takao, Soshi & Kawakami, Norito & Ohtsu, Tadahiro
- 2291-2303 Is position in the occupational hierarchy a determinant of decline in perceived health status?
by Mustard, Cameron A. & Vermeulen, Marian & Lavis, John N.
- 2305-2323 Socioeconomic gradients in health status over 29 years of follow-up after midlife: the Alameda county study
by Frank, John W. & Cohen, Richard & Yen, Irene & Balfour, Jennifer & Smith, Margot
- 2343-2354 A symptom perception approach to common physical symptoms
by Kolk, Annemarie M. & Hanewald, Gerrit J. F. P. & Schagen, Simon & Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T.
- 2355-2365 Toward understanding youth suicide in an Australian rural community
by Bourke, Lisa
- 2367-2378 Supplying emergency contraception via community pharmacies in the UK: reflections on the experiences of users and providers
by Bissell, Paul & Anderson, Claire
- 2379-2384 Family caregiver perspective-taking and accuracy in estimating cancer patient symptom experiences
by Lobchuk, Michelle M. & Vorauer, Jacquie D.
- 2385-2395 The quality of life of spouse dementia caregivers: changes associated with yielding to formal care and widowhood
by Bond, Malcolm J. & Clark, Michael S. & Davies, Suzanne
- 2397-2409 Causal inference from randomized trials in social epidemiology
by Kaufman, Jay S. & Kaufman, Sol & Poole, Charles
- 2411-2422 Mobility limitations 1974-1991: period changes explaining improvement in the population
by Ahacic, Kozma & Parker, Marti G. & Thorslund, Mats
- 2423-2434 Networked for change? identifying obstetric opinion leaders and assessing their opinions on caesarean delivery
by Kravitz, Richard L. & Krackhardt, David & Melnikow, Joy & Franz, Carol E. & Gilbert, William M. & Zach, Andra & Paterniti, Debora A. & Romano, Patrick S.
- 2435-2445 Stigma as a barrier to treatment of sexually transmitted infection in the American deep south: issues of race, gender and poverty
by Lichtenstein, Bronwen
- 2447-2463 Utilization of care during pregnancy in rural Guatemala: does obstetrical need matter?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Rodríguez, Germán
- 2465-2470 The continuum of patient satisfaction--from satisfied to very satisfied
by Collins, Karen & O'Cathain, Alicia
- 2471-2472 Letter response to Margaret Everett (2003) "The social life of genes: privacy, property and the new genetics" Social Science & Medicine, 56:1
by Rich, Leigh
- 2473-2473 Response to Rich's letter regarding "the social life of genes: Privacy, property and the new genetics"
by Everett, Margaret
2003, Volume 57, Issue 11
- 2013-2022 Air pollution and children's health in São Paulo (1986-1998)
by Ribeiro, Helena & Cardoso, Maria Regina Alves
- 2023-2034 Acculturation and overweight-related behaviors among Hispanic immigrants to the US: the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Gordon-Larsen, Penny & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Ward, Dianne S. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 2035-2047 Identifying children in need of ancillary and enabling services: a population approach
by Benedict, Ruth E & Farel, Anita M
- 2049-2054 Public and private domains of religiosity and adolescent health risk behaviors: evidence from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health
by Nonnemaker, James M. & McNeely, Clea A. & Blum, Robert Wm.
- 2055-2063 Rural/urban differences in the association between deprivation and healthcare utilisation
by Gilthorpe, Mark S. & Wilson, Richard C.
- 2065-2073 Zones of prevention: the geography of fall injuries in the elderly
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Rowe, Brian H. & Svenson, Lawrence W. & Schopflocher, Donald P. & Kelly, Karen & Voaklander, Donald C.
- 2075-2088 What's in a country average? Wealth, gender, and regional inequalities in immunization in India
by Pande, Rohini P. & Yazbeck, Abdo S.
- 2089-2099 The dental care pathway of welfare recipients in Quebec
by Bedos, Christophe & Brodeur, Jean-Marc & Boucheron, Laurence & Richard, Lucie & Benigeri, Mike & Olivier, Marie & Haddad, Slim
- 2101-2114 Management of return-to-work programs for workers with musculoskeletal disorders: a qualitative study in three Canadian provinces
by Baril, R. & Clarke, J. & Friesen, M. & Stock, S. & Cole, D.
- 2115-2125 Health inequality and users' risk-taking: a longitudinal analysis in a French reproductive technology centre
by Tain, Laurence
- 2127-2136 The struggle against neuromuscular diseases in France and the emergence of the "partnership model" of patient organisation
by Rabeharisoa, Vololona
- 2137-2147 Marriage, widowhood, and health-care use
by Iwashyna, Theodore J. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 2149-2159 Pedestrian injuries in Mexico: a multi-method approach
by Híjar, Martha & Trostle, James & Bronfman, Mario
- 2161-2172 Putting the Q into quality of life; the identification of subjective constructions of health-related quality of life using Q methodology
by Stenner, Paul H. D. & Cooper, Deborah & Skevington, Suzanne M.
- 2173-2182 Inequalities in nonfatal work injury: the significance of race, human capital, and occupations
by Oh, Joong-Hwan & Shin, Eui Hang
- 2183-2191 The burden of traditional practices, ebino and tea-tea, on child health in Northern Uganda
by Accorsi, Sandro & Fabiani, Massimo & Ferrarese, Nicoletta & Iriso, Robert & Lukwiya, Matthew & Declich, Silvia
- 2193-2205 The life course prospective design: an example of benefits and problems associated with study longevity
by Wadsworth, M. E. J. & Butterworth, S. L. & Hardy, R. J. & Kuh, D. J. & Richards, M. & Langenberg, C. & Hilder, W. S. & Connor, M.
- 2207-2215 Optimizing a portfolio of health care programs in the presence of uncertainty and constrained resources
by Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 2217-2227 Health selection: the role of inter- and intra-generational mobility on social inequalities in health
by Manor, Orly & Matthews, Sharon & Power, Chris
- 2229-2242 Parents' contributions to the narrative identity of offspring of donor-assisted conception
by Kirkman, Maggie
- 2243-2252 Chronic back pain sufferers--striving for the sick role
by Glenton, Claire
2003, Volume 57, Issue 10
- 1771-1781 Evolutionary perspectives on pregnancy: maternal age at menarche and infant birth weight
by Coall, David A. & Chisholm, James S.
- 1783-1795 Solutions forgone? How health professionals frame the problem of postnatal depression
by Lloyd, Beverley & Hawe, Penelope
- 1797-1806 Listening to mothers: qualitative studies on motherhood and depression from Goa, India
by Rodrigues, Merlyn & Patel, Vikram & Jaswal, Surinder & de Souza, Nandita
- 1807-1819 The impact of the national polio immunization campaign on levels and equity in immunization coverage: evidence from rural North India
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Baker, Timothy D.
- 1821-1832 Risk of transmission of hepatitis B virus through childhood immunization in northwestern China
by Murakami, Hitoshi & Kobayashi, Makoto & Zhu, Xu & Li, Yixing & Wakai, Susumu & Chiba, Yasuo
- 1833-1845 Somatization and mental health: A comparative study of the idiom of distress hypothesis
by Keyes, Corey L. M. & Ryff, Carol D.
- 1847-1861 Contributions of social context to inequalities in years of life lost to heart disease in Texas, USA
by Franzini, Luisa & Spears, William
- 1863-1874 Social stratification, development and health in Pakistan: an empirical exploration of relationships in population-based national health examination survey data
by Hadden, Wilbur C. & Pappas, Gregory & Khan, Abdul Qayyum
- 1875-1889 Observing the onset of disability in older adults
by Reynolds, Sandra L. & Silverstein, Merril
- 1891-1899 Equalisation of socioeconomic differences in injury risks at school age? A study of three age cohorts of Swedish children and adolescents
by Engström, K. & Laflamme, L. & Diderichsen, F.
- 1901-1912 Partner's and own education: does who you live with matter for self-assessed health, smoking and excessive alcohol consumption?
by Monden, Christiaan W. S. & van Lenthe, Frank & De Graaf, Nan Dirk & Kraaykamp, Gerbert
- 1913-1923 Social influences on substance-use behaviors of gay, lesbian, and bisexual college students: findings from a national study
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wechsler, Henry
- 1925-1937 Strengthening capacity in developing countries for evidence-based public health:: the data for decision-making project
by Pappaioanou, Marguerite & Malison, Michael & Wilkins, Karen & Otto, Bradley & Goodman, Richard A. & Churchill, R. Elliott & White, Mark & Thacker, Stephen B.
- 1939-1955 Effects of frequency and similarity neighborhoods on pharmacists' visual perception of drug names
by Lambert, Bruce L. & Chang, Ken-Yu & Gupta, Prahlad
- 1957-1967 Research relationships between the South and the North: Cinderella and the ugly sisters?
by Jentsch, Birgit & Pilley, Catherine
- 1969-1980 Patient empowerment and control: a psychological discourse in the service of medicine
by Salmon, Peter & Hall, George M
- 1981-1995 Health status and Canada's immigrant population
by Bruce Newbold, K. & Danforth, Jeff
- 1997-2012 Traditional healing systems and the ethos of science
by Quah, Stella R.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 9
- 1529-1538 Child health on a dollar a day: some tentative cross-country comparisons
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 1539-1546 Downsizing within a hospital: cutting care or just costs?
by Brown, Claire & Arnetz, Bengt & Petersson, Ove
- 1547-1557 Norms in tension: democracy and efficiency in Bangladeshi health and population sector reform
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Wu, Yonghong
- 1559-1571 Hidden health costs of pesticide use in Zimbabwe's smallholder cotton growers
by Maumbe, Blessing M. & Swinton, Scott M.
- 1573-1592 An agenda for future research on HIV and sexual behaviour among African migrant communities in the UK
by Kesby, M. & Fenton, K. & Boyle, P. & Power, R.
- 1593-1608 Effective methods to change sex-risk among drug users: a review of psychosocial interventions
by van Empelen, Pepijn & Kok, Gerjo & van Kesteren, Nicole M. C. & van den Borne, Bart & Bos, Arjan E. R. & Schaalma, Herman P.
- 1609-1620 Physicians' experiences of caring for late-stage HIV patients in the post-HAART era: challenges and adaptations
by Karasz, Alison & Dyche, Larry & Selwyn, Peter
- 1621-1629 Does inequality in self-assessed health predict inequality in survival by income? Evidence from Swedish data
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1631-1641 Why is poverty unhealthy? Social and physical mediators
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Farley, Thomas A. & Mason, Karen
- 1643-1652 Socioeconomic status and health among the aged in the United States and Germany: A comparative cross-sectional study
by Knesebeck, Olaf von dem & Lüschen, Günther & Cockerham, William C. & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1653-1663 Priority setting in health authorities: a novel approach to a historical activity
by Mitton, Craig & Patten, San & Waldner, Howard & Donaldson, Cam
- 1665-1674 Obstetricians' attitudes, subjective norms, perceived controls, and intentions on antibiotic prophylaxis in caesarean section
by Liabsuetrakul, Tippawan & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Lumbiganon, Pisake & Lindmark, Gunilla
- 1675-1682 Disclosure of a cancer diagnosis in Thai patients treated with radiotherapy
by Phungrassami, Temsak & Sriplung, Hutcha & Roka, Aran & Mintrasak, Em-nasree & Peerawong, Thanarpan & Aegem, Umard
- 1683-1696 Pain management and symptoms of substance dependence among patients with sickle cell disease
by Elander, James & Lusher, Joanne & Bevan, David & Telfer, Paul
- 1697-1706 A test of the QALY model when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne
- 1707-1722 Integrating measurement of control and affiliation in studies of physician-patient interaction: the interpersonal circumplex
by Kiesler, Donald J. & Auerbach, Stephen M.
- 1723-1733 Social capital: a strategy for enhancing health?
by Edmondson, Ricca
- 1735-1745 What is 'normal' about women's (hetero)sexual desire and orgasm?: a report of an in-depth interview study
by Nicolson, Paula & Burr, Jennifer
- 1747-1760 Consumption and impacts of local brewed alcohol (akpeteshie) in the Upper West Region of Ghana: a public health tragedy
by Luginaah, Isaac & Dakubo, Crescentia
- 1761-1770 Smoking and perceived health in Hong Kong Chinese
by Ho, Sai Yin & Lam, Tai Hing & Fielding, Richard & Janus, Edward Denis
2003, Volume 57, Issue 8
- 1343-1354 Measuring homicide in Russia: a comparison of estimates from the crime and vital statistics reporting systems
by Pridemore, William Alex
- 1355-1360 Association between measures of morbidity and locomotor disability: diagnosis alone is not enough
by Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate & Ebrahim, Shah
- 1361-1374 "What do you mean 'what's wrong with her?'": stigma and the lives of families of children with disabilities
by Green, Sara E.
- 1375-1385 Disarmed complaints:: unpacking satisfaction with end-of-life care
by Sinding, Christina
- 1387-1395 The radicalized self: the impact on the self of the contested nature of the diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome
by Clarke, Juanne N. & James, Susan
- 1397-1407 Vulnerability to coastal cholera ecology
by Collins, Andrew E.
- 1409-1419 It is hard work behaving as a credible patient: encounters between women with chronic pain and their doctors
by Werner, Anne & Malterud, Kirsti
- 1421-1428 Incidence and correlates of breast milk feeding in hospitalized preterm infants
by Espy, Kimberly Andrews & Senn, Theresa E.
- 1429-1441 Hospital utilization for ambulatory care sensitive conditions: health outcome disparities associated with race and ethnicity
by Laditka, James N. & Laditka, Sarah B. & Mastanduno, Melanie P.
- 1443-1454 Fertility and perinatal health among Finnish immigrants in sweden
by Gissler, Mika & Pakkanen, Milla & Olausson, Petra Otterblad
- 1455-1462 Selective migration from deprived areas in Northern Ireland and the spatial distribution of inequalities: implications for monitoring health and inequalities in health
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Stevenson, Michael
- 1463-1473 Exploring relative deprivation: Is social comparison a mechanism in the relation between income and health?
by Åberg Yngwe, Monica & Fritzell, Johan & Lundberg, Olle & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 1475-1489 Social causation, health-selective mobility, and the reproduction of socioeconomic health inequalities over time: panel study of adult men
by Elstad, Jon Ivar & Krokstad, Steinar
- 1491-1503 Social role occupancy, gender, income adequacy, life stage and health: a longitudinal study of employed Canadian men and women
by Janzen, B. L. & Muhajarine, Nazeem
- 1505-1514 Age and education patterns of smoking among women in high-income nations
by Pampel, Fred C.
- 1515-1524 Mutual influences of general practitioners in partnerships
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Westert, Gert P.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 7
- 1147-1161 Methods for studying private sector supply of public health products in developing countries: a conceptual framework and review
by Conteh, Lesong & Hanson, Kara
- 1163-1172 The moral relevance of personal characteristics in setting health care priorities
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff & Dolan, Paul & Menzel, Paul
- 1173-1181 Are seasonalities in suicide dependent on suicide methods? A reappraisal
by Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta & Wang, Jen & Bopp, Matthias & Eich, Dominique & Rössler, Wulf & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 1183-1194 Urban-rural differences in suicide trends in young adults: England and Wales, 1981-1998
by Middleton, Nicos & Gunnell, David & Frankel, Stephen & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel
- 1195-1203 Social capital and trust in providers
by Ahern, Melissa M. & Hendryx, Michael S.
- 1205-1219 Declining subscriptions to the Maliando Mutual Health Organisation in Guinea-Conakry (West Africa): what is going wrong?
by Criel, Bart & Waelkens, Maria Pia
- 1221-1235 Explaining variation in health status across space and time: implications for racial and ethnic disparities in self-rated health
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Wen, Ming
- 1237-1247 Do age and social relations moderate the relationship between self-rated health and mortality among adult Danes?
by Helweg-Larsen, Marie & Kjøller, Mette & Thoning, Henrik
- 1249-1257 Predictors of psychological distress in Lebanese hostages of war
by Saab, Basem Roberto & Chaaya, Monique & Doumit, Myrna & Farhood, Laila
- 1277-1288 Predicting young children's quality of life
by Jirojanakul, Pragai & Skevington, Suzanne M. & Hudson, John
- 1289-1306 A systematic and critical review of the process of translation and adaptation of generic health-related quality of life measures in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, South America
by Bowden, Annabel & Fox-Rushby, Julia A.
- 1307-1325 Daily geographies of caregivers: mobility, routine, scale
by Wiles, Janine
- 1327-1341 Women doctors in Norway: the challenging balance between career and family life
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
2003, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 975-986 Health insurance and child mortality in Costa Rica
by Dow, William H. & Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 987-1000 Use of mammography screening among older Samoan women in Los Angeles county: a diffusion network approach
by Levy-Storms, Lené & Wallace, Steven P.
- 1001-1015 Socio-economic adversity and psychosocial adjustment: a developmental-contextual perspective
by Schoon, Ingrid & Sacker, Amanda & Bartley, Mel
- 1017-1029 Managing threats to self: awareness in early stage Alzheimer's disease
by Clare, Linda
- 1031-1044 ORS is never enough: physician rationales for altering standard treatment guidelines when managing childhood diarrhoea in Thailand
by Howteerakul, Nopporn & Higginbotham, Nick & Freeman, Sonia & Dibley, Michael J.
- 1045-1054 Back pain and the resolution of diagnostic uncertainty in illness narratives
by Lillrank, Annika
- 1055-1064 Early puberty is associated with mental health problems in middle adolescence
by Kaltiala-Heino, Riittakerttu & Marttunen, Mauri & Rantanen, Päivi & Rimpelä, Matti
- 1065-1075 Value importance and value congruence as determinants of trust in health policy actors
by Kehoe, Susan M. & Ponting, J. Rick
- 1077-1090 The process of mediated aging-in-place: a theoretically and empirically based model
by Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 1091-1097 Short report: Migration among persons living with HIV
by Berk, Marc L. & Schur, Claudia L. & Dunbar, Jennifer L. & Bozzette, Sam & Shapiro, Martin
- 1099-1115 Women's empowerment and fertility decline among the Pare of Kilimanjaro region, Northern Tanzania
by Larsen, Ulla & Hollos, Marida
- 1117-1126 A new look at neighborhoods near National Priorities List sites
by Heitgerd, Janet L. & Virginia Lee, C.
- 1127-1142 Indicators of empowerment and disempowerment in the subjective evaluation of the psychiatric treatment process by persons with severe and persistent mental illness: a qualitative and quantitative analysis
by Kilian, Reinhold & Lindenbach, Iro & Löbig, Uta & Uhle, Matthias & Petscheleit, Andreas & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 769-774 Psychological distress among Thai migrant workers in Israel
by Griffin, Jennifer & Soskolne, Varda
- 775-781 Dimensions of trauma associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) caseness, severity and functional impairment: a study of Bosnian refugees resettled in Australia
by Momartin, S. & Silove, D. & Manicavasagar, V. & Steel, Z.