Social Science & Medicine
2004, Volume 58, Issue 11
- 2181-2191 Regulation of junior doctors' work hours: an analysis of British and American doctors' experiences and attitudes
by Jagsi, Reshma & Surender, Rebecca
- 2193-2210 The migration of doctors and nurses from South Pacific Island Nations
by Brown, Richard P. C. & Connell, John
- 2211-2218 Repeated follow-up as a method for reducing non-trading behaviour in discrete choice experiments
by Cairns, John & van der Pol, Marjon
- 2219-2229 Testing the internal consistency of the standard gamble in 'success' and 'failure' frames
by Oliver, Adam
- 2231-2241 Policy analysis in an information-rich environment
by Roos, Leslie L. & Menec, Verena & Currie, R. J.
- 2243-2252 Inter-professional conflict and professionalization: dentistry and dental hygiene in Ontario
by Adams, Tracey L.
- 2253-2265 A methodological and substantive review of the evidence that schools cause pupils to smoke
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A. & Cheng, K. K.
- 2267-2277 Mental health and social capital in Cali, Colombia
by Harpham, Trudy & Grant, Emma & Rodriguez, Carlos
- 2279-2289 Choosing where to deliver: decision criteria among women with low-risk pregnancies in France
by Combier, E. & Zeitlin, J. & de Courcel, N. & Vasseur, S. & Lalouf, A. & Amat-Roze, J. M. & de Pouvourville, G.
- 2291-2300 "No somos iguales": The effect of household economic standing on women's energy intake in the Andes
by Graham, Margaret A.
- 2301-2312 Changing gender roles and health impacts among female workers in export-processing industries in Sri Lanka
by Attanapola, Chamila T.
- 2313-2324 Patients' perceptions of informed consent in acute myocardial infarction research: a Danish study
by Gammelgaard, Anne & Rossel, Peter & Mortensen, Ole Steen
- 2325-2336 The medical practice of patient autonomy and cancer treatment refusals: a patients' and physicians' perspective
by van Kleffens, Titia & van Baarsen, Berna & van Leeuwen, Evert
- 2337-2347 Liminality as biographical disruption: unclassifiability following hormonal therapy for advanced prostate cancer
by Navon, Liora & Morag, Amira
- 2349-2361 United States coronary mortality trends and community services associated with occupational structure, among blacks and whites, 1984-1998
by Armstrong, Donna L. & Strogatz, David & Wang, Ruby
- 2363-2369 Unloading the trunk: neurasthenia, CFS and race
by Luthra, A. & Wessely, S.
- 2371-2382 Controlling diabetes, controlling diabetics: moral language in the management of diabetes type 2
by Broom, Dorothy & Whittaker, Andrea
2004, Volume 58, Issue 10
- 1809-1823 The motivation and behaviour of hospital Trusts
by Crilly, Tessa & Le Grand, Julian
- 1825-1836 Effects of early health-insurance programs on European mortality and fertility trends
by Winegarden, C. R. & Murray, John E.
- 1837-1848 Disability in society--medical and non-medical determinants for disability pension in a Norwegian total county population study
by Krokstad, Steinar & Westin, Steinar
- 1849-1851 Portfolio evaluation of health programs: a reply to Sendi et al
by Bridges, John F. P. & Terris, Darcey D.
- 1853-1855 Portfolio theory and the alternative decision rule of cost-effectiveness analysis: theoretical and practical considerations
by Sendi, Pedram & Al, Maiwenn J. & Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 1857-1868 Adjustment latitude and attendance requirements as determinants of sickness absence or attendance. Empirical tests of the illness flexibility model
by Johansson, Gun & Lundberg, Ingvar
- 1869-1887 Social class and self-reported health status among men and women: what is the role of work organisation, household material standards and household labour?
by Borrell, Carme & Muntaner, Carles & Benach, Joan & Artazcoz, Lucía
- 1889-1901 Tinker, tailor, soldier, patient: work attributes and depression disparities among young adults
by Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Christakis, Dimitri A. & Vander Stoep, Ann
- 1903-1915 Maintenance of subjective health during a merger: the role of experienced change and pre-merger social support at work in white- and blue-collar workers
by Väänänen, Ari & Pahkin, Krista & Kalimo, Raija & Buunk, Bram P.
- 1917-1927 Child well-being and neighbourhood quality: evidence from the Canadian National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth
by Curtis, Lori J. & Dooley, Martin D. & Phipps, Shelley A.
- 1929-1952 The (mis)estimation of neighborhood effects: causal inference for a practicable social epidemiology
by Oakes, J. Michael
- 1953-1960 Estimating neighborhood health effects: the challenges of causal inference in a complex world
by Diez Roux, Ana V.
- 1961-1967 The relevance of multilevel statistical methods for identifying causal neighborhood effects
by Subramanian, S. V.
- 1969-1971 Causal inference and the relevance of social epidemiology
by Oakes, J. Michael
- 1973-1984 Patients or partners? Case studies of user involvement in the planning and delivery of adult mental health services in London
by Rutter, Deborah & Manley, Catherine & Weaver, Tim & Crawford, Mike J. & Fulop, Naomi
- 1985-1997 Cumulative biological risk and socio-economic differences in mortality: MacArthur Studies of Successful Aging
by Seeman, Teresa E. & Crimmins, Eileen & Huang, Mei-Hua & Singer, Burton & Bucur, Alexander & Gruenewald, Tara & Berkman, Lisa F. & Reuben, David B.
- 1999-2008 Modernized education of traditional medicine in Korea: is it contributing to the same type of professionalization seen in Western medicine?
by Kim, Chang-yup & Lim, Byungmook
- 2009-2022 Parental role in medical decision-making: fact or fiction? A comparative study of ethical dilemmas in French and American neonatal intensive care units
by Orfali, Kristina
- 2023-2033 Educational differences in starting excessive alcohol consumption: explanations from the longitudinal GLOBE study
by Droomers, Mariël & Schrijvers, Carola T. M. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 2035-2043 Prediction of survival: a comparison between two subjective health measures in an elderly population
by Baron-Epel, Orna & Shemy, Galia & Carmel, Sara
- 2045-2067 Changing geographic access to and locational efficiency of health services in two Indian districts between 1981 and 1996
by Kumar, Naresh
- 2069-2081 Social networks and self-rated health in two French-speaking Canadian community dwelling populations over 65
by Zunzunegui, M. V. & Koné, A. & Johri, M. & Béland, F. & Wolfson, C. & Bergman, H.
- 2083-2092 Effects of drug treatment for heroin sniffers: a protective factor against moving to injection?
by Kelley, Margaret S. & Chitwood, Dale D.
2004, Volume 58, Issue 9
- 1575-1584 Women's body dissatisfaction, social class, and social mobility
by McLaren, Lindsay & Kuh, Diana
- 1585-1595 Do socioeconomic gradients in women's health widen over time and with age?
by Mishra, Gita D. & Ball, Kylie & Dobson, Annette J. & Byles, Julie E.
- 1597-1607 (Dis)embodying gender and sexuality in testicular cancer
by Gurevich, Maria & Bishop, Scott & Bower, Jo & Malka, Monika & Nyhof-Young, Joyce
- 1609-1622 Evaluating the effect of regulatory prohibitions against risk selection by health status on supplemental insurance ownership in Israel
by Gross, Revital & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 1623-1632 Insurance and the utilization of medical services
by Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S.
- 1633-1634 Un-assured instruments: a comment on "insurance and the utilization of medical services"
by Joyce, Ted
- 1635-1645 'In this scenario, I do this, for these reasons': narrative, genre and ethical reasoning in the clinic
by Jordens, Christopher F. C. & Little, Miles
- 1647-1657 Understanding breast cancer stories via Frank's narrative types
by Thomas-MacLean, Roanne
- 1659-1669 Job decision latitude, organizational justice and health: multilevel covariance structure analysis
by Elovainio, Marko & Kivimäki, Mika & Steen, Nick & Vahtera, Jussi
- 1671-1688 The impact of atypical employment on individual wellbeing: evidence from a panel of British workers
by Bardasi, Elena & Francesconi, Marco
- 1689-1697 Therapeutic misconception and the appreciation of risks in clinical trials
by Lidz, Charles W. & Appelbaum, Paul S. & Grisso, Thomas & Renaud, Michelle
- 1699-1707 Women's preferences for and views on decision-making for diagnostic tests
by Davey, Heather M & Lim, Jacqueline & Butow, Phyllis N & Barratt, Alexandra L & Redman, Sally
- 1709-1718 The medicalization of compulsive buying
by Lee, Shirley & Mysyk, Avis
- 1719-1731 Gender bias among children in India in their diet and immunisation against disease
by Borooah, Vani K.
- 1733-1749 Which African men promote smaller families and why? Marital relations and fertility in a Pare community in Northern Tanzania
by Hollos, Marida & Larsen, Ulla
- 1751-1756 HIV and Islam: is HIV prevalence lower among Muslims?
by Gray, Peter B.
- 1757-1766 What constitutes evidence in hospital new drug decision making?
by Jenkings, K Neil & Barber, Nick
- 1767-1780 The influence of school culture on smoking among pupils
by Aveyard, Paul & Markham, Wolfgang A & Lancashire, Emma & Bullock, Alison & Macarthur, Christine & Cheng, K. K. & Daniels, Harry
- 1781-1793 'Cultivating health': therapeutic landscapes and older people in northern England
by Milligan, Christine & Gatrell, Anthony & Bingley, Amanda
- 1795-1806 The view from two worlds: The convergence of social network reports between mental health clients and their ties
by Pescosolido, Bernice A. & Wright, Eric R.
2004, Volume 58, Issue 8
- 1461-1461 Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment
by Marmot, Michael & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1463-1473 Health inequalities and the psychosocial environment--two scientific challenges
by Siegrist, Johannes & Marmot, Michael
- 1475-1482 Psychosocial factors at work and depression in three countries of Central and Eastern Europe
by Pikhart, Hynek & Bobak, Martin & Pajak, Andrzej & Malyutina, Sofia & Kubinova, Ruzena & Topor, Roman & Sebakova, Helena & Nikitin, Yuri & Marmot, Michael
- 1483-1499 The measurement of effort-reward imbalance at work: European comparisons
by Siegrist, Johannes & Starke, Dagmar & Chandola, Tarani & Godin, Isabelle & Marmot, Michael & Niedhammer, Isabelle & Peter, Richard
- 1501-1509 The effect of control at home on CHD events in the Whitehall II study: Gender differences in psychosocial domestic pathways to social inequalities in CHD
by Chandola, Tarani & Kuper, Hannah & Singh-Manoux, Archana & Bartley, Mel & Marmot, Michael
- 1511-1522 Psychobiological mechanisms of socioeconomic differences in health
by Kristenson, M. & Eriksen, H. R. & Sluiter, J. K. & Starke, D. & Ursin, H.
- 1523-1530 Work stress, socioeconomic status and neuroendocrine activation over the working day
by Kunz-Ebrecht, Sabine R. & Kirschbaum, Clemens & Steptoe, Andrew
- 1531-1541 Effort-reward imbalance model and self-reported health: cross-sectional and prospective findings from the GAZEL cohort
by Niedhammer, Isabelle & Tek, Marie-Ly & Starke, Dagmar & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1543-1553 Differential economic stability and psychosocial stress at work: associations with psychosomatic complaints and absenteeism
by Godin, Isabelle & Kittel, France
- 1555-1562 Can we disentangle life course processes of accumulation, critical period and social mobility? An analysis of disadvantaged socio-economic positions and myocardial infarction in the Stockholm Heart Epidemiology Program
by Hallqvist, Johan & Lynch, John & Bartley, Mel & Lang, Thierry & Blane, David
- 1563-1574 Social mobility and health in the Turin longitudinal study
by Cardano, Mario & Costa, Giuseppe & Demaria, Moreno
2004, Volume 58, Issue 7
- 1219-1229 Economy and job contract as contexts of sickness absence practices: revisiting locality and habitus
by Virtanen, P. & Vahtera, J. & Nakari, R. & Pentti, J. & Kivimäki, M.
- 1231-1245 Employee and union inputs into occupational health and safety measures in Chinese factories
by Chen, Meei-shia & Chan, Anita
- 1247-1256 Employment status, social ties, and caregivers' mental health
by Cannuscio, Carolyn C. & Colditz, Graham A. & Rimm, Eric B. & Berkman, Lisa F. & Jones, Camara P. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1257-1269 The impact of information on non-health attributes on willingness to pay for multiple health care programmes
by Protière, Christel & Donaldson, Cam & Luchini, Stéphane & Paul Moatti, Jean & Shackley, Phil
- 1271-1284 Spatial access to health care in Costa Rica and its equity: a GIS-based study
by Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 1285-1297 Emergency contraception and morality: reflections of health care workers and clients
by Simonds, Wendy & Ellertson, Charlotte
- 1299-1308 Lay voices on allergic conditions in children: parents' narratives and the negotiation of a diagnosis
by Lauritzen, Sonja Olin
- 1309-1321 Health literacy, social support, and health: a research agenda
by Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Arozullah, Ahsan M. & Cho, Young Ik
- 1323-1335 From symptom recognition to diagnosis: children with autism in urban India
by Daley, Tamara C.
- 1337-1351 School-based HIV prevention programmes for African youth
by Gallant, Melanie & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor
- 1353-1366 Social support and quality of life over time among adults living with HIV in the HAART era
by Burgoyne, Robert & Renwick, Rebecca
- 1367-1384 Effective/efficient mental health programs for school-age children: a synthesis of reviews
by Browne, Gina & Gafni, Amiram & Roberts, Jacqueline & Byrne, Carolyn & Majumdar, Basanti
- 1385-1393 Family consequences of chronic back pain
by Strunin, Lee & Boden, Leslie I.
- 1395-1403 Caregiver's needs as predictors of hospital readmission for the elderly in Taiwan
by Lotus Shyu, Yea-Ing & Chen, Min-Chi & Lee, Hsiao-Chin
- 1405-1413 Parental perspectives on vaccinating children against sexually transmitted infections
by Mays, Rose M. & Sturm, Lynne A. & Zimet, Gregory D.
- 1415-1425 Non-professionals' evaluations of gene therapy ethics
by Scully, Jackie Leach & Rippberger, Christine & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph
- 1427-1442 Assessment of genetic testing and related counseling services: current research and future directions
by Wang, Catharine & Gonzalez, Richard & Merajver, Sofia D.
- 1443-1454 Fosterage patterns in the age of AIDS: continuity and change
by Madhavan, Sangeetha
2004, Volume 58, Issue 6
- 997-1005 Women, work and musculoskeletal health
by Strazdins, Lyndall & Bammer, Gabriele
- 1007-1024 Women, work, and well-being 1950-2000:: a review and methodological critique
by Klumb, Petra L. & Lampert, Thomas
- 1025-1035 Factors associated with the use of publicly funded services by Hong Kong Chinese older adults
by Chou, K. L. & Chi, I.
- 1037-1047 Recessions lower (some) mortality rates:: evidence from Germany
by Neumayer, Eric
- 1049-1058 Association of stereotypes about physicians to health care satisfaction, help-seeking behavior, and adherence to treatment
by Bogart, Laura M. & Bird, Sheryl Thorburn & Walt, Lisa C. & Delahanty, Douglas L. & Figler, Jacqueline L.
- 1059-1073 A question of place: medical power in rural Australia
by Kenny, Amanda & Duckett, Stephen
- 1075-1084 Living with conflicts-ethical dilemmas and moral distress in the health care system
by Kälvemark, Sofia & Höglund, Anna T. & Hansson, Mats G. & Westerholm, Peter & Arnetz, Bengt
- 1085-1096 Prevention and genetic testing for breast cancer: variations in medical decisions
by Bouchard, Louise & Blancquaert, I. & Eisinger, F. & Foulkes, W. D. & Evans, G. & Sobol, H. & Julian-Reynier, C.
- 1097-1108 The 'hows', 'whos', and 'whens' of screening: gynaecologists' perspectives on cervical cancer screening in urban Sweden
by Sarkadi, Anna & Widmark, Catarina & Törnberg, Sven & Tishelman, Carol
- 1109-1120 Prospects of safe motherhood in Botswana: midwifery training and nurses' ability to complete the Botswana obstetric record
by Fako, Thabo T. & Forcheh, Ntonghanwah & Ncube, Ephraim
- 1121-1135 Effects of illness and disability on job separation
by Magee, William
- 1137-1146 Effects of urbanization, economic development, and migration of workers on suicide mortality in Japan
by Otsu, Akiko & Araki, Shunichi & Sakai, Ryoji & Yokoyama, Kazuhito & Scott Voorhees, A.
- 1147-1158 The generational transmission of socioeconomic inequalities in child cognitive development and emotional health
by Najman, Jake M. & Aird, Rosemary & Bor, William & O'Callaghan, Michael & Williams, Gail M. & Shuttlewood, Gregory J.
- 1159-1170 Effects of socioeconomic indicators on coronary risk factors, self-rated health and psychological well-being among urban Japanese civil servants
by Nishi, Nobuo & Makino, Kae & Fukuda, Hideki & Tatara, Kozo
- 1171-1180 Socioeconomic inequality of obesity in the United States: do gender, age, and ethnicity matter?
by Zhang, Qi & Wang, Youfa
- 1181-1189 Inequality of water fluoridation in Southern Brazil--the inverse equity hypothesis revisited
by Aurélio Peres, Marco & Simara Fernandes, Liliane & Glazer Peres, Karen
- 1191-1200 Risk of injury after alcohol consumption: a case-crossover study in the emergency department
by Borges, Guilherme & Cherpitel, Cheryl & Mittleman, Murray
- 1201-1209 "Iceland Inc."?: On the ethics of commercial population genomics
by Merz, Jon F. & McGee, Glenn E. & Sankar, Pamela
- 1211-1211 Is informed consent a solution to contractual problems? A comment on the article '"Iceland Inc."?: On the Ethics of Commercial Population Genomics' by Jon F. Merz, Glenn E. McGee, and Pamela Sankar
by Hoeyer, Klaus & Lynöe, Niels
- 1213-1213 Response from Jon F. Merz, Glenn E. McGee, and Pamela Sankar to Hoeyer and Lynöe's commentary on their article "'Iceland Inc.'? On the Ethics of Commercial Genomics"
by Merz, J. F. & McGee, G. E. & Sankar, P.
2004, Volume 58, Issue 5
- 883-885 Good and bad death: Introduction
by Seale, Clive & van der Geest, Sjaak
- 887-897 The good, the bad, and the unresolved death in Kaliai
by Counts, Dorothy Ayers & Counts, David
- 899-911 Dying peacefully: considering good death and bad death in Kwahu-Tafo, Ghana
by van der Geest, Sjaak
- 913-928 Cultural scripts for a good death in Japan and the United States: similarities and differences
by Long, Susan Orpett
- 929-938 Good enough death: autonomy and choice in Australian palliative care
by McNamara, Beverley
- 939-953 Narrative nuances on good and bad deaths: internists' tales from high-technology work places
by DelVecchio Good, Mary-Jo & Gadmer, Nina M. & Ruopp, Patricia & Lakoma, Matthew & Sullivan, Amy M. & Redinbaugh, Ellen & Arnold, Robert M. & Block, Susan D.
- 955-966 "You're not going to dehydrate mom, are you?": Euthanasia, versterving, and good death in the Netherlands
by Pool, Robert
- 967-974 Media constructions of dying alone: a form of 'bad death'
by Seale, Clive
- 975-985 Ancient euthanasia: 'good death' and the doctor in the graeco-Roman world
by Van Hooff, Anton J. L.
- 987-995 Good death and bad death in ancient Israel according to biblical lore
by Spronk, Klaas
2004, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 671-674 Introduction to: Heresy and orthodoxy in medical theory and research
by Jones, R. Kenneth
- 675-685 The role of methods in maintaining orthodox beliefs in health research
by Dean, Kathryn
- 687-696 The ambivalence of error: "scientific ideology" in the history of the life sciences and psychosomatic medicine
by Greco, Monica
- 697-702 From the biomedical model to the Islamic alternative: a brief overview of medical practices in the contemporary Arab world
by Adib, Salim M.
- 703-712 Schism and heresy in the development of orthodox medicine: The threat to medical hegemony
by Jones, R. Kenneth
- 713-725 Dissent and heresy in medicine: models, methods, and strategies
by Martin, Brian
- 727-738 Clinical medicine and the quest for certainty
by Gillett, Grant
- 739-752 Negative pathways to psychiatric care and ethnicity: the bridge between social science and psychiatry
by Morgan, Craig & Mallett, Rosemarie & Hutchinson, Gerard & Leff, Julian
- 753-765 Reforming health care financing in Bulgaria: the population perspective
by Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 767-785 Exploring the pathways leading from disadvantage to end-stage renal disease for Indigenous Australians
by Cass, Alan & Cunningham, Joan & Snelling, Paul & Wang, Zhiqiang & Hoy, Wendy
- 787-798 Coercive sex in rural Uganda: Prevalence and associated risk factors
by Koenig, Michael A. & Lutalo, Tom & Zhao, Feng & Nalugoda, Fred & Kiwanuka, Noah & Wabwire-Mangen, Fred & Kigozi, Godfrey & Sewankambo, Nelson & Wagman, Jennifer & Serwadda, David & Wawer, Maria & Gray, Ron
- 799-809 Comparing directly measured standard gamble scores to HUI2 and HUI3 utility scores: group- and individual-level comparisons
by Feeny, David & Furlong, William & Saigal, Saroj & Sun, Jian
- 811-824 Lay conceptions of the ethical and scientific justifications for random allocation in clinical trials
by Robinson, Elizabeth J. & Kerr, Cicely & Stevens, Andrew & Lilford, Richard & Braunholtz, David & Edwards, Sarah
- 825-836 Governing peanuts: the regulation of the social bodies of children and the risks of food allergies
by Rous, Trevor & Hunt, Alan
- 837-849 Dilemmas in sharing care: maternal provision of professionally driven therapy for children with disabilities
by Leiter, Valerie
- 851-862 From compliance to concordance: barriers to accomplishing a re-framed model of health care interactions
by Bissell, Paul & May, Carl R. & Noyce, Peter R.
- 863-877 Maternal literacy and health behavior: a Nepalese case study
by LeVine, Robert A. & LeVine, Sarah E. & Rowe, Meredith L. & Schnell-Anzola, Beatrice
2004, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 449-461 Perceived stress following race-based discrimination at work is associated with hypertension in African-Americans. The metro Atlanta heart disease study, 1999-2001
by Din-Dzietham, Rebecca & Nembhard, Wendy N. & Collins, Rakale & Davis, Sharon K.
- 463-470 The extraordinary decline of infant and childhood mortality among Palestinian refugees
by Khawaja, Marwan
- 471-485 Distribution of distress in post-socialist Mongolia: a cultural epidemiology of yadargaa
by Kohrt, Brandon A. & Hruschka, Daniel J. & Kohrt, Holbrook E. & Panebianco, Nova L. & Tsagaankhuu, G.
- 487-498 Suicidality and cultural values among Hong Kong adolescents
by Lam, T. H. & Stewart, Sunita M. & Yip, Paul S. F. & Leung, Gabriel M. & Ho, L. M. & Ho, S. Y. & Lee, Peter W. H.
- 499-514 Children's nutrition in Jamaica: do household structure and household economic resources matter?
by Bronte-Tinkew, Jacinta & DeJong, Gordon
- 515-524 The social context of reproductive health in an Egyptian hamlet: a pilot study to identify female genital schistosomiasis
by Talaat, Maha & Watts, Susan & Mekheimar, Shahinaz & Farook Ali, Heba & Hamed, Howaida
- 525-537 Criterion and content validity of a novel structured haggling contingent valuation question format versus the bidding game and binary with follow-up format
by Onwujekwe, Obinna
- 539-551 The pursuit of equity in NHS resource allocation: should morbidity replace utilisation as the basis for setting health care capitations?
by Asthana, Sheena & Gibson, Alex & Moon, Graham & Dicker, John & Brigham, Philip
- 553-564 User fees at a public hospital in Cambodia: effects on hospital performance and provider attitudes
by Akashi, Hidechika & Yamada, Takako & Huot, Eng & Kanal, Koum & Sugimoto, Takao
- 565-575 The effects of US state income inequality and alcohol policies on symptoms of depression and alcohol dependence
by Henderson, Claire & Liu, Xinhua & Diez Roux, Ana V. & Link, Bruce G. & Hasin, Deborah
- 577-584 Assessing the impact of SSRI antidepressants on popular notions of women's depressive illness
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Angel, Joni
- 585-594 Labor market experience, work organization, gender inequalities and health status: results from a prospective analysis of US employed women
by O'Campo, Patricia & Eaton, William W. & Muntaner, Carles
- 595-602 Association of self-reported religiosity and mortality in industrial employees: the CORDIS study
by Kraut, Allen & Melamed, Samuel & Gofer, Daphna & Froom, Paul
- 603-614 Practitioners' impressions of patients with Parkinson's disease: the social ecology of the expressive mask
by Tickle-Degnen, Linda & Doyle Lyons, Kathleen
- 615-622 Social participation and coronary heart disease: a follow-up study of 6900 women and men in Sweden
by Sundquist, Kristina & Lindström, Martin & Malmström, Marianne & Johansson, Sven-Erik & Sundquist, Jan
- 623-629 Knowledge and beliefs of primary care physicians, pharmacists, and parents on antibiotic use for the pediatric common cold
by Cho, Hong-Jun & Hong, Soo-Jong & Park, Sylvia
- 631-643 A story of maladies, misconceptions and mishaps: effective management of heart failure
by Horowitz, Carol R. & Rein, Stephanie B. & Leventhal, Howard
- 645-656 Is going to church good or bad for you? Denomination, attendance and mental health of children in West Scotland
by Abbotts, Joanne E. & Williams, Rory G. A. & Sweeting, Helen N. & West, Patrick B.
- 657-657 Alt and Swartz 'task oriented nursing in tuberculosis control programme in South Africa: where does it come from and what keeps it going?'
by Shields, Linda
- 659-660 Assessing the quality of life of patients in phases I and II anti-cancer drug trials: Interviews versus questionnaires by Cox K
by McKenna, Stephen P.
- 661-661 Assessing the quality of life in phase I and II anti-cancer drug trials: interviews versus questionnaires
by Cox, Karen
2004, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 223-225 Falling short of expectations: public health interventions in developing and transition economies
by Jack, William & Lewis, Maureen
- 227-235 Provision of ambulatory health services in Poland: a case study from Krakow
by Chawla, Mukesh & Berman, Peter & Windak, Adam & Kulis, Marzena
- 237-246 Informal payments for health care in transition economies
by Ensor, Tim
- 247-258 Poverty, out-of-pocket payments and access to health care: evidence from Tajikistan
by Falkingham, Jane
- 259-265 Risk segmentation and equity in the Chilean mandatory health insurance system
by Sapelli, Claudio
- 267-277 Addressing government and market failures with payment incentives: Hospital reimbursement reform in Hainan, China
by Yip, Winnie & Eggleston, Karen
- 279-292 Wage inequality, the health system, and infant mortality in wealthy industrialized countries, 1970-1996
by Macinko, James A. & Shi, Leiyu & Starfield, Barbara
- 293-304 Did the distribution of health insurance in China continue to grow less equitable in the nineties? Results from a longitudinal survey
by Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Lance, Peter M.
- 305-314 A direct method for estimating the compensating income variation for severe headache and migraine
by Groot, Wim & Maassen van den Brink, Henriëtte
- 315-320 Optimisation versus certainty: understanding the issue of heterogeneity in economic evaluation
by Stevens, Warren & Normand, Charles
- 321-330 A sociological perspective on public participation in health care
by Contandriopoulos, Damien
- 331-341 The New Zealand health reforms: dividing the labour of care
by Fitzgerald, Ruth
- 343-355 Determinants and consequences of health worker motivation in hospitals in Jordan and Georgia
by Franco, Lynne Miller & Bennett, Sara & Kanfer, Ruth & Stubblebine, Patrick
- 357-367 Organisational simplification and secondary complexity in health services for adults with learning disabilities
by Heyman, Bob & Swain, John & Gillman, Maureen
- 369-378 Dementia: sociological and philosophical constructions
by Davis, Daniel H. J.
- 379-390 Developing ethical strategies to assist oncologists in seeking informed consent to cancer clinical trials
by Brown, R. F. & Butow, P. N. & Butt, D. G. & Moore, A. R. & Tattersall, M. H. N.
- 391-400 Bereaved parents' experience of research participation
by Dyregrov, Kari
- 401-409 Therapeutic and reproductive cloning: a critique
by Bowring, Finn
- 427-444 Is the corporate transformation of hospitals creating a new hybrid health care space? A case study of the impact of co-location of public and private hospitals in Australia
by Brown, Laurie & Barnett, J. Ross
2004, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-12 Gender and the social context of smoking behaviour
by Dedobbeleer, Nicole & Béland, Francois & Contandriopoulos, André-Pierre & Adrian, Manuella
- 13-24 Public place restrictions on smoking in Canada: assessing the role of the state, media, science and public health advocacy
by Asbridge, Mark
- 25-39 Putting policy into practice? Poverty and people with serious mental illness
by Wilton, Robert
- 41-56 Beyond the income inequality hypothesis: class, neo-liberalism, and health inequalities
by Coburn, David
- 57-74 Area effects on health variation over the life-course: analysis of the longitudinal study sample in England using new data on area of residence in childhood
by Curtis, Sarah & Southall, H. & Congdon, P. & Dodgeon, B.
- 75-88 Health, place and childhood asthma in southwest Alaska
by Wind, Steven & Van Sickle, David & Wright, Anne L.
- 89-97 The drug industry and medical practice--the case of menopausal hormone therapy in Estonia
by Hemminki, Elina & Karttunen, Tiina & Hovi, Sirpa-Liisa & Karro, Helle
- 99-108 Sickness absence and early retirement at two workplaces--effects of organisational intervention in Sweden
by Goine, Hans & Knutsson, Anders & Marklund, Staffan & Karlsson, Berndt
- 109-118 Religion and preventative health care utilization among the elderly
by Reindl Benjamins, Maureen & Brown, Carolyn
- 119-136 Changing health inequalities in east and west Germany since unification
by Nolte, Ellen & McKee, Martin
- 137-149 Predictive genetic test decisions for Huntington's disease: context, appraisal and new moral imperatives
by Taylor, Sandra D.
- 151-160 Screening for breast cancer: candidacy and compliance
by Pfeffer, Naomi
- 161-175 Patient activism and the struggle for diagnosis: Gulf War illnesses and other medically unexplained physical symptoms in the US
by Zavestoski, Stephen & Brown, Phil & McCormick, Sabrina & Mayer, Brian & D'Ottavi, Maryhelen & Lucove, Jaime C.
- 177-192 What is important to continuity in home care?: Perspectives of key stakeholders
by Woodward, Christel A. & Abelson, Julia & Tedford, Sara & Hutchison, Brian
- 193-205 Can a brief video intervention improve breast cancer clinical trial knowledge and beliefs?
by Curbow, Barbara & Fogarty, Linda A. & McDonnell, Karen & Chill, Julia & Scott, Lisa Benz
- 207-217 Evidence-based health policy: context and utilisation
by Dobrow, Mark J. & Goel, Vivek & Upshur, R. E. G.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 12
- 2255-2264 Inequalities in child mortality in Mozambique: differentials by parental socio-economic position
by Macassa, Gloria & Ghilagaber, Gebrenegus & Bernhardt, Eva & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 2265-2279 Does stage at diagnosis influence the observed relationship between socioeconomic status and breast cancer incidence, case-fatality, and mortality?
by Robin Yabroff, K. & Gordis, Leon
- 2281-2289 Occupational class and physical activity among Japanese employees
by Takao, Soshi & Kawakami, Norito & Ohtsu, Tadahiro
- 2291-2303 Is position in the occupational hierarchy a determinant of decline in perceived health status?
by Mustard, Cameron A. & Vermeulen, Marian & Lavis, John N.
- 2305-2323 Socioeconomic gradients in health status over 29 years of follow-up after midlife: the Alameda county study
by Frank, John W. & Cohen, Richard & Yen, Irene & Balfour, Jennifer & Smith, Margot
- 2343-2354 A symptom perception approach to common physical symptoms
by Kolk, Annemarie M. & Hanewald, Gerrit J. F. P. & Schagen, Simon & Gijsbers van Wijk, Cecile M. T.
- 2355-2365 Toward understanding youth suicide in an Australian rural community
by Bourke, Lisa
- 2367-2378 Supplying emergency contraception via community pharmacies in the UK: reflections on the experiences of users and providers
by Bissell, Paul & Anderson, Claire