Social Science & Medicine
2003, Volume 57, Issue 10
- 1957-1967 Research relationships between the South and the North: Cinderella and the ugly sisters?
by Jentsch, Birgit & Pilley, Catherine
- 1969-1980 Patient empowerment and control: a psychological discourse in the service of medicine
by Salmon, Peter & Hall, George M
- 1981-1995 Health status and Canada's immigrant population
by Bruce Newbold, K. & Danforth, Jeff
- 1997-2012 Traditional healing systems and the ethos of science
by Quah, Stella R.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 9
- 1529-1538 Child health on a dollar a day: some tentative cross-country comparisons
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 1539-1546 Downsizing within a hospital: cutting care or just costs?
by Brown, Claire & Arnetz, Bengt & Petersson, Ove
- 1547-1557 Norms in tension: democracy and efficiency in Bangladeshi health and population sector reform
by Shiffman, Jeremy & Wu, Yonghong
- 1559-1571 Hidden health costs of pesticide use in Zimbabwe's smallholder cotton growers
by Maumbe, Blessing M. & Swinton, Scott M.
- 1573-1592 An agenda for future research on HIV and sexual behaviour among African migrant communities in the UK
by Kesby, M. & Fenton, K. & Boyle, P. & Power, R.
- 1593-1608 Effective methods to change sex-risk among drug users: a review of psychosocial interventions
by van Empelen, Pepijn & Kok, Gerjo & van Kesteren, Nicole M. C. & van den Borne, Bart & Bos, Arjan E. R. & Schaalma, Herman P.
- 1609-1620 Physicians' experiences of caring for late-stage HIV patients in the post-HAART era: challenges and adaptations
by Karasz, Alison & Dyche, Larry & Selwyn, Peter
- 1621-1629 Does inequality in self-assessed health predict inequality in survival by income? Evidence from Swedish data
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1631-1641 Why is poverty unhealthy? Social and physical mediators
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Farley, Thomas A. & Mason, Karen
- 1643-1652 Socioeconomic status and health among the aged in the United States and Germany: A comparative cross-sectional study
by Knesebeck, Olaf von dem & Lüschen, Günther & Cockerham, William C. & Siegrist, Johannes
- 1653-1663 Priority setting in health authorities: a novel approach to a historical activity
by Mitton, Craig & Patten, San & Waldner, Howard & Donaldson, Cam
- 1665-1674 Obstetricians' attitudes, subjective norms, perceived controls, and intentions on antibiotic prophylaxis in caesarean section
by Liabsuetrakul, Tippawan & Chongsuvivatwong, Virasakdi & Lumbiganon, Pisake & Lindmark, Gunilla
- 1675-1682 Disclosure of a cancer diagnosis in Thai patients treated with radiotherapy
by Phungrassami, Temsak & Sriplung, Hutcha & Roka, Aran & Mintrasak, Em-nasree & Peerawong, Thanarpan & Aegem, Umard
- 1683-1696 Pain management and symptoms of substance dependence among patients with sickle cell disease
by Elander, James & Lusher, Joanne & Bevan, David & Telfer, Paul
- 1697-1706 A test of the QALY model when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne
- 1707-1722 Integrating measurement of control and affiliation in studies of physician-patient interaction: the interpersonal circumplex
by Kiesler, Donald J. & Auerbach, Stephen M.
- 1723-1733 Social capital: a strategy for enhancing health?
by Edmondson, Ricca
- 1735-1745 What is 'normal' about women's (hetero)sexual desire and orgasm?: a report of an in-depth interview study
by Nicolson, Paula & Burr, Jennifer
- 1747-1760 Consumption and impacts of local brewed alcohol (akpeteshie) in the Upper West Region of Ghana: a public health tragedy
by Luginaah, Isaac & Dakubo, Crescentia
- 1761-1770 Smoking and perceived health in Hong Kong Chinese
by Ho, Sai Yin & Lam, Tai Hing & Fielding, Richard & Janus, Edward Denis
2003, Volume 57, Issue 8
- 1343-1354 Measuring homicide in Russia: a comparison of estimates from the crime and vital statistics reporting systems
by Pridemore, William Alex
- 1355-1360 Association between measures of morbidity and locomotor disability: diagnosis alone is not enough
by Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate & Ebrahim, Shah
- 1361-1374 "What do you mean 'what's wrong with her?'": stigma and the lives of families of children with disabilities
by Green, Sara E.
- 1375-1385 Disarmed complaints:: unpacking satisfaction with end-of-life care
by Sinding, Christina
- 1387-1395 The radicalized self: the impact on the self of the contested nature of the diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome
by Clarke, Juanne N. & James, Susan
- 1397-1407 Vulnerability to coastal cholera ecology
by Collins, Andrew E.
- 1409-1419 It is hard work behaving as a credible patient: encounters between women with chronic pain and their doctors
by Werner, Anne & Malterud, Kirsti
- 1421-1428 Incidence and correlates of breast milk feeding in hospitalized preterm infants
by Espy, Kimberly Andrews & Senn, Theresa E.
- 1429-1441 Hospital utilization for ambulatory care sensitive conditions: health outcome disparities associated with race and ethnicity
by Laditka, James N. & Laditka, Sarah B. & Mastanduno, Melanie P.
- 1443-1454 Fertility and perinatal health among Finnish immigrants in sweden
by Gissler, Mika & Pakkanen, Milla & Olausson, Petra Otterblad
- 1455-1462 Selective migration from deprived areas in Northern Ireland and the spatial distribution of inequalities: implications for monitoring health and inequalities in health
by O'Reilly, Dermot & Stevenson, Michael
- 1463-1473 Exploring relative deprivation: Is social comparison a mechanism in the relation between income and health?
by Åberg Yngwe, Monica & Fritzell, Johan & Lundberg, Olle & Diderichsen, Finn & Burström, Bo
- 1475-1489 Social causation, health-selective mobility, and the reproduction of socioeconomic health inequalities over time: panel study of adult men
by Elstad, Jon Ivar & Krokstad, Steinar
- 1491-1503 Social role occupancy, gender, income adequacy, life stage and health: a longitudinal study of employed Canadian men and women
by Janzen, B. L. & Muhajarine, Nazeem
- 1505-1514 Age and education patterns of smoking among women in high-income nations
by Pampel, Fred C.
- 1515-1524 Mutual influences of general practitioners in partnerships
by de Jong, Judith D. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Westert, Gert P.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 7
- 1147-1161 Methods for studying private sector supply of public health products in developing countries: a conceptual framework and review
by Conteh, Lesong & Hanson, Kara
- 1163-1172 The moral relevance of personal characteristics in setting health care priorities
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff & Dolan, Paul & Menzel, Paul
- 1173-1181 Are seasonalities in suicide dependent on suicide methods? A reappraisal
by Ajdacic-Gross, Vladeta & Wang, Jen & Bopp, Matthias & Eich, Dominique & Rössler, Wulf & Gutzwiller, Felix
- 1183-1194 Urban-rural differences in suicide trends in young adults: England and Wales, 1981-1998
by Middleton, Nicos & Gunnell, David & Frankel, Stephen & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel
- 1195-1203 Social capital and trust in providers
by Ahern, Melissa M. & Hendryx, Michael S.
- 1205-1219 Declining subscriptions to the Maliando Mutual Health Organisation in Guinea-Conakry (West Africa): what is going wrong?
by Criel, Bart & Waelkens, Maria Pia
- 1221-1235 Explaining variation in health status across space and time: implications for racial and ethnic disparities in self-rated health
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Wen, Ming
- 1237-1247 Do age and social relations moderate the relationship between self-rated health and mortality among adult Danes?
by Helweg-Larsen, Marie & Kjøller, Mette & Thoning, Henrik
- 1249-1257 Predictors of psychological distress in Lebanese hostages of war
by Saab, Basem Roberto & Chaaya, Monique & Doumit, Myrna & Farhood, Laila
- 1277-1288 Predicting young children's quality of life
by Jirojanakul, Pragai & Skevington, Suzanne M. & Hudson, John
- 1289-1306 A systematic and critical review of the process of translation and adaptation of generic health-related quality of life measures in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, South America
by Bowden, Annabel & Fox-Rushby, Julia A.
- 1307-1325 Daily geographies of caregivers: mobility, routine, scale
by Wiles, Janine
- 1327-1341 Women doctors in Norway: the challenging balance between career and family life
by Gjerberg, Elisabeth
2003, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 975-986 Health insurance and child mortality in Costa Rica
by Dow, William H. & Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 987-1000 Use of mammography screening among older Samoan women in Los Angeles county: a diffusion network approach
by Levy-Storms, Lené & Wallace, Steven P.
- 1001-1015 Socio-economic adversity and psychosocial adjustment: a developmental-contextual perspective
by Schoon, Ingrid & Sacker, Amanda & Bartley, Mel
- 1017-1029 Managing threats to self: awareness in early stage Alzheimer's disease
by Clare, Linda
- 1031-1044 ORS is never enough: physician rationales for altering standard treatment guidelines when managing childhood diarrhoea in Thailand
by Howteerakul, Nopporn & Higginbotham, Nick & Freeman, Sonia & Dibley, Michael J.
- 1045-1054 Back pain and the resolution of diagnostic uncertainty in illness narratives
by Lillrank, Annika
- 1055-1064 Early puberty is associated with mental health problems in middle adolescence
by Kaltiala-Heino, Riittakerttu & Marttunen, Mauri & Rantanen, Päivi & Rimpelä, Matti
- 1065-1075 Value importance and value congruence as determinants of trust in health policy actors
by Kehoe, Susan M. & Ponting, J. Rick
- 1077-1090 The process of mediated aging-in-place: a theoretically and empirically based model
by Cutchin, Malcolm P.
- 1091-1097 Short report: Migration among persons living with HIV
by Berk, Marc L. & Schur, Claudia L. & Dunbar, Jennifer L. & Bozzette, Sam & Shapiro, Martin
- 1099-1115 Women's empowerment and fertility decline among the Pare of Kilimanjaro region, Northern Tanzania
by Larsen, Ulla & Hollos, Marida
- 1117-1126 A new look at neighborhoods near National Priorities List sites
by Heitgerd, Janet L. & Virginia Lee, C.
- 1127-1142 Indicators of empowerment and disempowerment in the subjective evaluation of the psychiatric treatment process by persons with severe and persistent mental illness: a qualitative and quantitative analysis
by Kilian, Reinhold & Lindenbach, Iro & Löbig, Uta & Uhle, Matthias & Petscheleit, Andreas & Angermeyer, Matthias C.
2003, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 769-774 Psychological distress among Thai migrant workers in Israel
by Griffin, Jennifer & Soskolne, Varda
- 775-781 Dimensions of trauma associated with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) caseness, severity and functional impairment: a study of Bosnian refugees resettled in Australia
by Momartin, S. & Silove, D. & Manicavasagar, V. & Steel, Z.
- 783-790 Factors affecting decisions to seek treatment for sick children in Kerala, India
by Pillai, Rajamohanan K & Williams, Sankey V. & Glick, Henry A. & Polsky, Daniel & Berlin, Jesse A. & Lowe, Robert A.
- 791-806 Interacting with cancer patients: the significance of physicians' communication behavior
by Arora, Neeraj K.
- 807-824 Job characteristics, physical and psychological symptoms, and social support as antecedents of sickness absence among men and women in the private industrial sector
by Väänänen, Ari & Toppinen-Tanner, Salla & Kalimo, Raija & Mutanen, Pertti & Vahtera, Jussi & Peiró, José M.
- 825-841 Children's health-related quality of life, neighbourhood socio-economic deprivation and social capital. A contextual analysis
by Drukker, Marjan & Kaplan, Charles & Feron, Frans & van Os, Jim
- 843-860 Poverty, affluence, and income inequality: neighborhood economic structure and its implications for health
by Wen, Ming & Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A.
- 861-873 Socioeconomic inequalities in morbidity among the elderly; a European overview
by Huisman, Martijn & Kunst, Anton E. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 875-880 Quality of internet access: barrier behind internet use statistics
by Skinner, Harvey & Biscope, Sherry & Poland, Blake
- 881-893 Damned if you do: culture, identity, privilege, and teenage childbearing in the United States
by Geronimus, Arline T.
- 895-904 Ethnicity, socio-economic position and gender--do they affect reported health--care seeking behaviour?
by Adamson, Joy & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & Chaturvedi, Nish & Donovan, Jenny
- 905-916 Narrative strategies in medical discourse: constructing the psychiatric "case" in a non-western setting
by Coker, Elizabeth M.
- 917-926 Discourses of blame: accounting for aggression and violence on an acute mental health inpatient unit
by Benson, Anne & Secker, Jenny & Balfe, Emma & Lipsedge, Maurice & Robinson, Sarah & Walker, Julian
- 927-936 Patients and doctors: reformulating the UK health policy community?
by Salter, Brian
- 937-948 Public and private sector responses to essential drugs policies:: a multilevel analysis of drug prescription and selling practices in Mali
by Maïga, Fatoumata Ina & Haddad, Slim & Fournier, Pierre & Gauvin, Lise
- 949-958 The DALY, context and the determinants of the severity of disease: an exploratory comparison of paraplegia in Australia and Cameroon
by Allotey, Pascale & Reidpath, Daniel & Kouamé, Aka & Cummins, Robert
2003, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 577-593 Health behaviours and health in adolescence as predictors of educational level in adulthood: a follow-up study from Finland
by Koivusilta, Leena & Arja, Rimpelä & Andres, Vikat
- 595-611 Why are suicide rates rising in young men but falling in the elderly?--a time-series analysis of trends in England and Wales 1950-1998
by Gunnell, David & Middleton, Nicos & Whitley, Elise & Dorling, Daniel & Frankel, Stephen
- 613-623 Contrasting lives, contrasting views? understandings of health inequalities from children in differing social circumstances
by Backett-Milburn, Kathryn & Cunningham-Burley, Sarah & Davis, John
- 625-636 Household and neighbourhood risks for injury to 5-14 year old children
by Haynes, Robin & Reading, Richard & Gale, Susan
- 637-646 Future uncertainty and socioeconomic inequalities in health: the Whitehall II study
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Davey Smith, George & Marmot, Michael
- 647-656 Allostatic load and work conditions
by Schnorpfeil, Pia & Noll, Alexander & Schulze, Renate & Ehlert, Ulrike & Frey, Karl & Fischer, Joachim E.
- 657-672 Hygiene in the home: relating bugs and behaviour
by Curtis, Val & Biran, Adam & Deverell, Katie & Hughes, Clarissa & Bellamy, Kate & Drasar, Bo
- 673-686 Dr. John has gone: assessing health professionals' contribution to remote rural community sustainability in the UK
by Farmer, Jane & Lauder, William & Richards, Helen & Sharkey, Siobhan
- 687-696 Measuring people's preferences regarding ageism in health: some methodological issues and some fresh evidence
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 697-710 Health technology assessment in its local contexts: studies of telehealthcare
by May, Carl & Mort, Maggie & Williams, Tracy & Mair, Frances & Gask, Linda
- 711-720 Ideal versus reality: physicians perspectives on patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and fibromyalgia
by Åsbring, Pia & Närvänen, Anna-Liisa
- 721-731 Physician and family assisted suicide: results from a study of public attitudes in Britain
by O'Neill, C. & Feenan, D. & Hughes, C. & McAlister, D. A.
- 733-744 Improving antibiotic use in low-income countries: an overview of evidence on determinants
by Radyowijati, Aryanti & Haak, Hilbrand
- 745-756 Intellectual property rights and traditional medicine: policy dilemmas at the interface
by Timmermans, Karin
- 757-762 Ageing and public satisfaction with the health service: an analysis of recent trends
by Calnan, Michael & Almond, Stephen & Smith, Nick
2003, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 389-401 The meanings of organ donation: Muslims of Pakistani origin and white English nationals living in North England
by Hayward, Clare & Madill, Anna
- 403-412 The new genetics and its consequences for family, kinship, medicine and medical genetics
by Finkler, Kaja & Skrzynia, Cécile & Evans, James P.
- 413-425 Examining the disablement process among older Mexican American adults
by Peek, M. Kristen & Ottenbacher, Kenneth J. & Markides, Kyriakos S. & Ostir, Glenn V.
- 427-435 A politico-economic analysis of decision making in funding health service organisations
by Jan, Stephen & Dommers, Eric & Mooney, Gavin
- 437-451 "It wasn't the plague we expected." Parents' perceptions of the health and environmental impact of opencast coal mining
by Moffatt, Suzanne & Pless-Mulloli, Tanja
- 453-464 The health politics of asthma: environmental justice and collective illness experience in the United States
by Brown, Phil & Mayer, Brian & Zavestoski, Stephen & Luebke, Theo & Mandelbaum, Joshua & McCormick, Sabrina
- 465-475 The health impact of health care on families: a matched cohort study of hospice use by decedents and mortality outcomes in surviving, widowed spouses
by Christakis, Nicholas A. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 477-486 Socio-demographic predictors of self-rated health in the Republic of Ireland: findings from the National Survey on Lifestyle, Attitudes and Nutrition, SLAN
by Kelleher, C. C. & Friel, S. & Nic Gabhainn, S. & Tay, Joseph B.
- 487-501 Born out of wedlock and never married--it breaks a man's heart
by Modin, Bitte
- 503-512 Language barriers between nurses and asylum seekers: their impact on symptom reporting and referral
by Bischoff, Alexander & Bovier, Patrick A. & Isah, Rrustemi & Francoise, Gariazzo & Ariel, Eytan & Louis, Loutan
- 513-527 Self-treatment and its discussion in medical consultations: how is medical pluralism managed in practice?
by Stevenson, Fiona A. & Britten, Nicky & Barry, Christine A. & Bradley, Colin P. & Barber, Nick
- 529-538 Pharmaceutical reform and physician strikes in Korea: separation of drug prescribing and dispensing
by Kwon, Soonman
- 539-550 Epidemiological transition: Model or illusion? A look at the problem of health in Mexico
by Carolina, Martínez S & Gustavo, Leal F
- 551-560 Geographic analysis of diabetes prevalence in an urban area
by Green, Chris & Hoppa, Robert D. & Young, T. Kue & Blanchard, J. F.
- 561-569 Sexual violence among a cohort of injection drug users
by Braitstein, Paula & Li, Kathy & Tyndall, Mark & Spittal, Patricia & O'Shaughnessy, Michael V. & Schilder, Arn & Johnston, Caitlin & Hogg, Robert S. & Schechter, Martin T.
- 571-576 Hospitalisation process seen by patients and health care professionals
by Rentsch, Denis & Luthy, Christophe & Perneger, Thomas V. & Allaz, Anne-Françoise
2003, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 195-204 Reshaping the carcinogenic risk assessment of medicines: international harmonisation for drug safety, industry/regulator efficiency or both?
by Abraham, John & Reed, Tim
- 205-215 Physician-patient interaction: a gynecology clinic in Turkey
by Uskul, Ayse K. & Ahmad, Farah
- 217-225 Reproductive health indicators for China's rural areas
by Wang, Caroline C. & Wang, Yan & Zhang, Kaining & Fang, Jing & Liu, Wei & Luo, Shusheng & Tang, Songyuan & Wang, Shaoxian & Li, Virginia C.
- 227-237 When being alone might be better: neighborhood poverty, social capital, and child mental health
by Caughy, Margaret O'Brien & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Muntaner, Carles
- 239-251 Deliberations about deliberative methods: issues in the design and evaluation of public participation processes
by Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Smith, Patricia & Martin, Elisabeth & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre
- 253-261 "Love thy neighbour"--it's good for your health: a study of racial homogeneity, mortality and social cohesion in the United States
by Reidpath, Daniel D.
- 263-276 Tracing the social gradient in the health of Canadians: primary and secondary determinants
by Kosteniuk, Julie G. & Dickinson, Harley D.
- 277-288 Negotiating palliative care expertise in the medical world
by Hibbert, Derek & Hanratty, Barbara & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Litva, Andrea & Capewell, Simon
- 289-299 Problematising depression: young people, mental health and suicidal behaviours
by Bennett, Sara & Coggan, Carolyn & Adams, Peter
- 301-311 Changing patterns of orphan care due to the HIV epidemic in western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
- 313-325 Children's feeding programs in Atlantic Canada: some Foucauldian theoretical concepts in action
by Dayle, Jutta B. & McIntyre, Lynn
- 327-342 Return migration in the context of parental assistance in the AIDS epidemic: the Thai experience
by Knodel, John & VanLandingham, Mark
- 343-353 A shift in the historical trajectory of medical dominance: the case of Medibank and the Australian doctors' lobby
by De Voe, Jennifer E. & Short, Stephanie D.
- 355-374 Endangering safe motherhood in Mozambique: prenatal care as pregnancy risk
by Chapman, Rachel R.
- 375-385 The role of social support and self-esteem in the presence and course of depressive symptoms: a comparison of cancer patients and individuals from the general population
by Schroevers, Maya J. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert
2003, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-12 Sustaining safe practice: twenty years on
by Kippax, Susan & Race, Kane
- 13-24 HIV and AIDS-related stigma and discrimination: a conceptual framework and implications for action
by Parker, Richard & Aggleton, Peter
- 25-38 Nuances and shifts in lesbian women's constructions of STI and HIV vulnerability
by Dolan, Kathleen A. & Davis, Phillip W.
- 39-54 Situational factors influencing drug injecting, risk reduction and syringe exchange in Togliatti City, Russian Federation: a qualitative study of micro risk environment
by Rhodes, Tim & Mikhailova, Larissa & Sarang, Anya & Lowndes, Catherine M. & Rylkov, Andrey & Khutorskoy, Mikhail & Renton, Adrian
- 55-69 A proper place to live: health inequalities, agency and the normative dimensions of space
by Popay, Jennie & Thomas, Carol & Williams, Gareth & Bennett, Sharon & Gatrell, Anthony & Bostock, Lisa
- 71-90 Measuring culture: a critical review of acculturation and health in Asian immigrant populations
by Salant, Talya & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 91-96 Patients' attitudes vs. physicians' determination: implications for cesarean sections
by Lo, Joan C.
- 97-112 Trust, learning, and vaccination: a case study of a North Indian village
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Saumya
- 113-124 Television documentary in New Zealand and the construction of doctors by lower socio-economic groups
by Hodgetts, Darrin & Chamberlain, Kerry
- 125-134 Socio-economic and demographic variation in health and in its measures: the issue of reporting heterogeneity
by Shmueli, Amir
- 135-145 "I'll give up smoking when you get me better": patients' resistance to attempts to problematise smoking in general practice (GP) consultations
by Pilnick, Alison & Coleman, Tim
- 147-153 Layperson and physician perceptions of the malpractice system: implications for patient safety
by Liang, Bryan A.
- 155-165 Willingness to pay and determinants of choice for improved malaria treatment in rural Nepal
by Morey, Edward R. & Sharma, Vijaya R. & Mills, Anne
- 167-177 The impact on breastfeeding of labour market policy and practice in Ireland, Sweden, and the USA
by Galtry, Judith
- 179-188 The politics of 'branding' in policy transfer: the case of DOTS for tuberculosis control
by Ogden, Jessica & Walt, Gill & Lush, Louisiana
2003, Volume 56, Issue 12
- 2353-2366 Normalizing the exceptional: incorporating the "abortion pill" into mainstream medicine
by Joffe, Carole & Weitz, Tracy A.
- 2367-2377 Social capital, life expectancy and mortality: a cross-national examination
by Kennelly, Brendan & O'Shea, Eamon & Garvey, Eoghan
- 2379-2390 Investments in social capital--implications of social interactions for the production of health
by Bolin, Kristian & Lindgren, Björn & Lindström, Martin & Nystedt, Paul
- 2391-2405 The methodology of HIV/AIDS impact studies: a review of current practices
by Booysen, Frederik le R. & Arntz, Tanja
- 2407-2419 The Rule of Rescue
by McKie, John & Richardson, Jeff
- 2421-2431 From damaged nerves to masked depression: inevitability and hope in Latvian psychiatric narratives
by Skultans, V.
- 2433-2441 Using burden of disease information for health planning in developing countries: the experience from Uganda
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Heggenhougen, Kristian
- 2443-2448 Does low reading achievement at school entry cause conduct problems?
by Bennett, Kathryn J. & Brown, K. Stephen & Boyle, Michael & Racine, Yvonne & Offord, Dan
- 2449-2460 Pregnant smokers who quit, pregnant smokers who don't: does history of problem behavior make a difference?
by Wakschlag, Lauren S. & Pickett, Kate E. & Middlecamp, Molly K. & Walton, Laura L. & Tenzer, Penny & Leventhal, Bennett L.
- 2461-2466 Evaluation of primary health care reform in Estonia
by Koppel, Agris & Meiesaar, Kersti & Valtonen, Hannu & Metsa, Andrus & Lember, Margus
- 2467-2478 Community stress, demoralization, and body mass index: evidence for social signal transduction
by Wallace, Deborah & Wallace, Rodrick & Rauh, Virginia
- 2479-2491 Variation in physicians' definitions of the competent parent and other barriers to guideline adherence: the case of pediatric minor head injury management
by Sobo, Elisa J. & Kurtin, Paul
- 2493-2503 Country of birth, instrumental activities of daily living, self-rated health and mortality: a Swedish population-based survey of people aged 55-74
by Pudaric, Sonja & Sundquist, Jan & Johansson, Sven-Erik
- 2505-2514 Sociodemographics, self-rated health, and mortality in the US
by Franks, Peter & Gold, Marthe R. & Fiscella, Kevin
- 2515-2527 Civil war and child health: regional and ethnic dimensions of child immunization and malnutrition in Angola
by Agadjanian, Victor & Prata, Ndola
- 2529-2539 Politics of leprosy segregation in Japan: the emergence, transformation and abolition of the patient segregation policy
by Sato, Hajime & Narita, Minoru
- 2541-2553 A spatial analysis of county-level variation in hospitalization rates for low back problems in North Carolina
by Joines, Jerry D. & Hertz-Picciotto, Irva & Carey, Timothy S. & Gesler, Wilbert & Suchindran, Chirayath
- 2555-2564 Understanding long-standing illness among older people
by Gooberman-Hill, Rachael & Ayis, Salma & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2565-2565 Response to Gilbert & Walker 'Treading the path of least resistance'
by Kagee, Ashraf
by Gilbert, L. & Walker, L.
2003, Volume 56, Issue 11
- 2243-2244 Vulnerable places: contextualizing health practices
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 2245-2247 From space to place in contemporary health care
by Casey, Edward S.
- 2249-2261 Hidden places, uncommon persons
by Kaufman, Sharon R.
- 2263-2275 Space, place and movement as aspects of health care in three women's prisons
by Stoller, Nancy
- 2277-2288 Bioethics and rural health: theorizing place, space, and subjects
by Kelly, Susan E.
- 2289-2301 From home to hospital and back again: economic restructuring, end of life, and the gendered problems of place-switching health services
by Cartier, Carolyn
- 2303-2315 Placing private health care: reading Ascot hospital in the landscape of contemporary Auckland
by Kearns, Robin A. & Ross Barnett, J. & Newman, Daniel
- 2317-2326 Distal nursing
by Malone, Ruth E.
- 2327-2342 Locating gene-environment interaction: at the intersections of genetics and public health
by Shostak, Sara
- 2343-2351 Bio-medical Topoi--the dominance of space, the recalcitrance of place, and the making of persons
by Malpas, Jeff
2003, Volume 56, Issue 10
- 2009-2018 Community tuberculosis care through "TB clubs" in rural North Ethiopia
by Demissie, M. & Getahun, H. & Lindtjørn, B.
- 2019-2031 With the help of one's neighbors: externalities in the production of nutrition in Peru
by Alderman, Harold & Hentschel, Jesko & Sabates, Ricardo
- 2033-2044 Changing the nature of physician referral relationships in the US: the impact of managed care
by Anthony, Denise
- 2045-2057 Ultrasound screening in pregnancy: advancing technology, soft markers for fetal chromosomal aberrations, and unacknowledged ethical dilemmas
by Getz, Linn & Kirkengen, Anne Luise
- 2059-2072 Health selection in the Whitehall II study, UK
by Chandola, Tarani & Bartley, Mel & Sacker, Amanda & Jenkinson, Crispin & Marmot, Michael
- 2073-2088 Changes in the spatial pattern of low birth weight in a southern California county: the role of individual and neighborhood level factors
by English, Paul B. & Kharrazi, Martin & Davies, Stephanie & Scalf, Rusty & Waller, Lance & Neutra, Raymond
- 2089-2096 Searching for an optimum solution to the Bangladesh arsenic crisis
by Caldwell, Bruce K. & Caldwell, John C. & Mitra, S. N. & Smith, Wayne
- 2097-2108 The unfortunate generation: stroke survivors in Riga, Latvia
by McKevitt, Christopher & Luse, Agita & Wolfe, Charles
- 2109-2121 Implications of women's work for child nutritional status in sub-Saharan Africa: a case study of Nigeria
by Ukwuani, Festus A. & Suchindran, Chirayath M.
- 2123-2137 The effect of structural characteristics on family planning program performance in Côte d'Ivoire and Nigeria
by Mancini, Dominic J. & Stecklov, Guy & Stewart, John F.
- 2139-2152 Hostility, unemployment and health status: testing three theoretical models
by Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Kokko, Katja & Pulkkinen, Lea & Kortteinen, Matti & Tuomikoski, Hannu
- 2153-2163 Evaluation of three interventions to promote workplace health and safety: evidence for the utility of implementation intentions
by Sheeran, Paschal & Silverman, Michael
- 2165-2180 Longitudinal analyses of the relationship between unsupportive social interactions and psychological adjustment among women with fertility problems
by Mindes, Erica J. & Ingram, Kathleen M. & Kliewer, Wendy & James, Cathy A.
- 2181-2189 A comparison of the reliability of the take-it-or-leave-it and the bidding game approaches to estimating willingness-to-pay in a rural population in West Africa
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 2191-2200 Stigma revisited, disclosure of emotional problems in primary care consultations in Wales
by Prior, Lindsay & Wood, Fiona & Lewis, Glyn & Pill, Roisin
- 2201-2210 Referral to rehabilitation following traumatic brain injury: a model for understanding inequities in access
by Foster, Michele & Tilse, Cheryl
- 2211-2220 Houseofficers' reactions to media coverage about the sequencing of the human genome
by Geller, Gail & Tambor, Ellen S. & Bernhardt, Barbara A. & Rodgers, Joann & Holtzman, Neil A.
- 2221-2228 An investigation into expectation-led interviewer effects in health surveys
by Clarke, Paul & Sproston, Kerry & Thomas, Roger
- 2229-2239 Reform and autonomy: perceptions of the Australian general practice community
by Marjoribanks, Tim & Lewis, Jenny M.
2003, Volume 56, Issue 9
- 1831-1836 Reproduction gone awry: medical anthropological perspectives
by Jenkins, Gwynne L. & Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 1837-1851 Global infertility and the globalization of new reproductive technologies: illustrations from Egypt
by Inhorn, Marcia C.
- 1853-1866 With or against nature? IVF, gender and reproductive agency in Athens, Greece
by Paxson, Heather
- 1867-1880 Why adoption is not an option in India: the visibility of infertility, the secrecy of donor insemination, and other cultural complexities
by Bharadwaj, Aditya
- 1881-1891 Unhappy endings: a feminist reappraisal of the women's health movement from the vantage of pregnancy loss
by Layne, Linda L.
- 1893-1909 Burning bridges: policy, practice, and the destruction of midwifery in rural Costa Rica
by Jenkins, Gwynne L.
- 1911-1931 Home-birth emergencies in the US and Mexico: the trouble with transport
by Davis-Floyd, Robbie
- 1933-1946 Genetic counseling gone awry: miscommunication between prenatal genetic service providers and Mexican-origin clients
by Browner, C. H. & Mabel Preloran, H. & Casado, Maria Christina & Bass, Harold N. & Walker, Ann P.