Social Science & Medicine
2005, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 313-322 Family burden in long-term diseases: a comparative study in schizophrenia vs. physical disorders
by Magliano, Lorenza & Fiorillo, Andrea & De Rosa, Corrado & Malangone, Claudio & Maj, Mario
- 323-332 "Like roulette": Australian women's explanations of gynecological cancers
by Manderson, Lenore & Markovic, Milica & Quinn, Michael
- 333-341 Medical disorders of suicides in Australia: analysis using a multiple-cause-of-death approach
by Ruzicka, Lado T. & Choi, Ching Y. & Sadkowsky, Krys
- 343-364 Women's experience of intimate partner violence in Haiti
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 365-377 Does pregnancy provide immunity from intimate partner abuse among Hong Kong Chinese women?
by Lau, Ying
- 379-391 What does skin color have to do with infant health? An analysis of low birth weight among mainland and island Puerto Ricans
by Landale, Nancy S. & Oropesa, R.S.
- 393-403 Visualising abortion: emotion discourse and fetal imagery in a contemporary abortion debate
by Hopkins, Nick & Zeedyk, Suzanne & Raitt, Fiona
- 405-415 Boundary breaches: the body, sex and sexuality after stoma surgery
by Manderson, Lenore
- 417-430 Storylines of research in diffusion of innovation: a meta-narrative approach to systematic review
by Greenhalgh, Trisha & Robert, Glenn & Macfarlane, Fraser & Bate, Paul & Kyriakidou, Olympia & Peacock, Richard
- 431-441 Managing constraint: the experience of people with chronic pain
by Miles, A. & Curran, H.V. & Pearce, S. & Allan, L.
- 443-454 'Even if they ask you to stand by a tree all day, you will have to do it (laughter)...!': Community voices on the notion and practice of informed consent for biomedical research in developing countries
by Molyneux, C.S. & Wassenaar, D.R. & Peshu, N. & Marsh, K.
- 455-463 Inequities in healthcare seeking in the treatment of communicable endemic diseases in Southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna
- 465-479 From a relationship to encounter: an examination of longitudinal and lateral dimensions in the doctor-patient relationship
by Potter, Sharyn J. & McKinlay, John B.
- 481-493 The structure of patients' presenting concerns: the completion relevance of current symptoms
by Robinson, Jeffrey D. & Heritage, John
- 495-502 Is what I have just a cold or is it dengue? Addressing the gap between the politics of dengue control and daily life in Villavicencio-Colombia
by Roberto Suarez, M. & Maria Fernanda Olarte, S. & Ana, M.F.A. & Catalina González, U.
2005, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-14 Does work really cause distress? The contribution of occupational structure and work organization to the experience of psychological distress
by Marchand, Alain & Demers, Andrée & Durand, Pierre
- 15-25 Dealing with it: Black Caribbean women's response to adversity and psychological distress associated with pregnancy, childbirth, and early motherhood
by Edge, Dawn & Rogers, Anne
- 27-39 Job strain, iso-strain, and the incidence of low back and neck injuries. A 7.5-year prospective study of San Francisco transit operators
by Rugulies, Reiner & Krause, Niklas
- 41-52 Job insecurity and its association with health among employees in the Taiwanese general population
by Cheng, Yawen & Chen, Chun-Wan & Chen, Chiou-Jong & Chiang, Tung-liang
- 53-63 Ethnic variation in health and the determinants of health among Latinos
by Zsembik, Barbara A. & Fennell, Dana
- 65-75 Primary care, race, and mortality in US states
by Shi, Leiyu & Macinko, James & Starfield, Barbara & Politzer, Robert & Xu, Jiahong
- 77-82 Arab immigrants: a new case for ethnicity and health?
by Read, Jen'nan Ghazal & Amick, Benjamin & Donato, Katharine M.
- 83-96 Income inequality and weight status in US metropolitan areas
by Chang, Virginia W. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 97-109 Access, utilization, quality, and effective coverage: An integrated conceptual framework and measurement strategy
by Shengelia, Bakhuti & Tandon, Ajay & Adams, Orvill B. & Murray, Christopher J.L.
- 111-122 Psychosocial work characteristics and incidence of newly diagnosed depression: a prospective cohort study of three different models
by Ylipaavalniemi, Jaana & Kivimäki, Mika & Elovainio, Marko & Virtanen, Marianna & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa & Vahtera, Jussi
- 123-132 The role of psychosocial factors in explaining socio-economic differences in mobility decline in a chronically ill population: results from the GLOBE study
by Koster, Annemarie & Bosma, Hans & van Lenthe, Frank J. & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M. & Mackenbach, Johan P. & van Eijk, Jacques Th.M.
- 133-155 Resisting medicines: a synthesis of qualitative studies of medicine taking
by Pound, Pandora & Britten, Nicky & Morgan, Myfanwy & Yardley, Lucy & Pope, Catherine & Daker-White, Gavin & Campbell, Rona
- 157-170 Conceptualizing mainstream health care providers' behaviours in relation to complementary and alternative medicine
by Hirschkorn, K.A. & Bourgeault, I.L.
- 171-183 HIV and intimate partner violence among methadone-maintained women in New York City
by El-Bassel, Nabila & Gilbert, Louisa & Wu, Elwin & Go, Hyun & Hill, Jennifer
- 185-198 Social capital and young adolescents' perceived health in different sociocultural settings
by Drukker, Marjan & Buka, Stephen L. & Kaplan, Charles & McKenzie, Kwame & Van Os, Jim
- 199-210 The importance of eating rice: changing food habits among pregnant Indonesian women during the economic crisis
by Hartini, T. Ninuk S. & Padmawati, R. Siwi & Lindholm, Lars & Surjono, Achmad & Winkvist, Anna
- 211-216 The contribution of lone parenthood and economic difficulties to smoking
by Rahkonen, Ossi & Laaksonen, Mikko & Karvonen, Sakari
- 217-228 Fertility history and health in later life: a record linkage study in England and Wales
by Grundy, Emily & Tomassini, Cecilia
- 229-243 Where there is no state: household strategies for the management of illness in Chad
by Leonard, Lori
- 245-252 Biases in internet sexual health samples: Comparison of an internet sexuality survey and a national sexual health survey in Sweden
by Ross, Michael W. & Månsson, Sven-Axel & Daneback, Kristian & Cooper, Al & Tikkanen, Ronny
2005, Volume 60, Issue 12
- 2657-2660 'Burning Issues': an introduction to selected papers from the 10th International Symposium in Medical Geography, Manchester 2003
by Smyth, Fiona & Thomas, Richard
- 2661-2671 Complexity theory and geographies of health: a critical assessment
by Gatrell, Anthony C.
- 2673-2683 The 'geneticisation' of heart disease: a network analysis of the production of new genetic knowledge
by Hall, Edward
- 2685-2695 Replacing positivism in medical geography
by Bennett, David
- 2697-2713 Everyday health histories and the making of place: the case of an English coastal town
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Kearns, Robin A.
- 2715-2727 Defining regions for locality health care planning: a multidimensional approach
by Shortt, Niamh K. & Moore, Adrian & Coombes, Mike & Wymer, Colin
- 2729-2742 Zone design for environment and health studies using pre-aggregated data
by Cockings, Samantha & Martin, David
- 2743-2753 The index of multiple deprivation 2000 access domain: a useful indicator for public health?
by Niggebrugge, Aphrodite & Haynes, Robin & Jones, Andrew & Lovett, Andrew & Harvey, Ian
- 2755-2771 Selective migration, health and deprivation: a longitudinal analysis
by Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Rees, Philip
- 2773-2783 Housing improvement and self-reported mental distress among council estate residents
by Thomas, Richard & Evans, Sherrill & Huxley, Peter & Gately, Claire & Rogers, Anne
- 2785-2797 The impacts of dwelling conditions on older persons' psychological well-being in Hong Kong: the mediating role of residential satisfaction
by Phillips, David R. & Siu, Oi-ling & Yeh, Anthony G.O. & Cheng, Kevin H.C.
- 2799-2818 Who you know, where you live: social capital, neighbourhood and health
by Veenstra, Gerry & Luginaah, Isaac & Wakefield, Sarah & Birch, Stephen & Eyles, John & Elliott, Susan
- 2819-2832 Family, friend or foe? Critical reflections on the relevance and role of social capital in health promotion and community development
by Wakefield, Sarah E.L. & Poland, Blake
- 2833-2843 Is the urban excess in lung cancer in Scotland explained by patterns of smoking?
by Pearce, Jamie & Boyle, Paul
- 2845-2863 Particulate air pollution, social confounders, and mortality in small areas of an industrial city
by Jerrett, Michael & Buzzelli, Michael & Burnett, Richard T. & DeLuca, Patrick F.
- 2865-2875 Geographical inequalities of mortality by income in two developed island countries: a cross-national comparison of Britain and Japan
by Nakaya, Tomoki & Dorling, Danny
- 2877-2890 Urban/rural inequalities in suicide in Scotland, 1981-1999
by Levin, Kate A. & Leyland, Alastair H.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 11
- 2405-2416 Socio-economic position and its relationship to physical capacity among elderly people living in Jyväskylä, Finland: five- and ten-year follow-up studies
by Rautio, Nina & Heikkinen, Eino & Ebrahim, Shah
- 2417-2430 A model of underlying socioeconomic vulnerability in human populations: evidence from variability in population health and implications for public health
by Galea, Sandro & Ahern, Jennifer & Karpati, Adam
- 2431-2441 A European comparative study of marital status and socio-economic inequalities in suicide
by Lorant, V. & Kunst, Anton E. & Huisman, Martijn & Bopp, Matthias & Mackenbach, Johan
- 2443-2451 A comparative study of the patterning of women's health by family status and employment status in Finland and Sweden
by Roos, Eva & Burström, Bo & Saastamoinen, Peppiina & Lahelma, Eero
- 2453-2464 The influence of neighborhood environment on the incidence of childhood asthma: a multilevel approach
by Juhn, Young J. & Sauver, Jennifer St. & Katusic, Slavica & Vargas, Delfino & Weaver, Amy & Yunginger, John
- 2465-2476 Current and lifetime exposure to working conditions. Do they explain educational differences in subjective health?
by Monden, Christiaan W.S.
- 2477-2488 Exploring the generalisability of the association between income inequality and self-assessed health
by Craig, Neil
- 2489-2500 Adoption of hospital case management: economic and institutional influences
by Roggenkamp, Susan D. & White, Kenneth R. & Bazzoli, Gloria J.
- 2501-2504 Influence of waiting time on cost-effectiveness
by Koopmanschap, M.A. & Brouwer, W.B.F. & Hakkaart-van Roijen, L. & van Exel, N.J.A.
- 2505-2514 Contracts in the real world: Case studies from Southern Africa
by Palmer, Natasha & Mills, Anne
- 2515-2525 Aids, race and the limits of science
by Marshall, Wende Elizabeth
- 2527-2536 Racialized bodies, disabling worlds "they [service providers] always saw me as a client, not as a worker"
by Dossa, Parin
- 2537-2548 The impact of own and spouse's urinary incontinence on depressive symptoms
by Fultz, Nancy H. & Rahrig Jenkins, Kristi & Østbye, Truls & Taylor, Donald Jr. & Kabeto, Mohammed U. & Langa, Kenneth M.
- 2549-2559 Gender differences in the relation between social support, problems in parent-offspring communication, and depression and anxiety
by Landman-Peeters, Karlien M.C. & Hartman, Catharina A. & van der Pompe, Gieta & den Boer, Johan A. & Minderaa, Ruud B. & Ormel, Johan
- 2561-2573 Stereotactic radiosurgery: the patient's experience
by Menkes, David B. & Davison, Mary P. & Costello, Shaun A. & Jaye, Chrystal
- 2575-2584 The experiential knowledge of patients: a new resource for biomedical research?
by Caron-Flinterman, J. Francisca & Broerse, Jacqueline E.W. & Bunders, Joske F.G.
- 2585-2595 Assessing patients' preferences for treatments for angina using a modified repertory grid method
by Rowe, Gene & Lambert, Nigel & Bowling, Ann & Ebrahim, Shah & Wakeling, Ian & Thomson, Richard
- 2597-2607 The place of death of cancer patients: can qualitative data add to known factors?
by Thomas, Carol
- 2609-2622 French hormones: progestins and therapeutic variation in France
by Löwy, Ilana & Weisz, George
- 2623-2627 Do panel surveys make people sick? US arthritis trends in the Health and Retirement Study
by Wilson, Sven E. & Howell, Benjamin L.
- 2629-2639 Disease metaphors in new epidemics: the UK media framing of the 2003 SARS epidemic
by Wallis, Patrick & Nerlich, Brigitte
- 2641-2655 Do higher status and more autonomous women have longer birth intervals?: Results from Cebu, Philippines
by Upadhyay, Ushma D. & Hindin, Michelle J.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 10
- 2155-2167 Extended family's and women's roles in safeguarding orphans' education in AIDS-afflicted rural Zimbabwe
by Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2169-2180 Canadian Aboriginal people's experiences with HIV/AIDS as portrayed in selected English language Aboriginal media (1996-2000)
by Clarke, Juanne N. & Friedman, Daniela B. & Hoffman-Goetz, Laurie
- 2181-2190 Commercial sex work, drug use, and sexually transmitted infections in St. Petersburg, Russia
by Aral, Sevgi O. & St. Lawrence, Janet S. & Dyatlov, Roman & Kozlov, Andrei
- 2191-2204 What girls need: recommendations for preventing violence among urban girls in the US
by Molnar, Beth E. & Roberts, Andrea L. & Browne, Angela & Gardener, Hannah & Buka, Stephen L.
- 2205-2216 Community level effects of gender inequality on intimate partner violence and unintended pregnancy in Colombia: testing the feminist perspective
by Pallitto, Christina C. & O'Campo, Patricia
- 2217-2228 Race and ethnic differences in determinants of preterm birth in the USA: broadening the social context
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J.
- 2229-2238 The effects of racial density and income incongruity on pregnancy outcomes
by Pickett, Kate E. & Collins, James Jr & Masi, Christopher M. & Wilkinson, Richard G.
- 2239-2248 Does chronic illness place constraints on positive constructions of identity? Temporal comparisons and self-evaluations in people with schizophrenia
by Dinos, S. & Lyons, E. & Finlay, W.M.L.
- 2249-2259 Constructions of masculinity following prostatectomy-induced impotence
by Oliffe, John
- 2261-2272 Sickness absence in female- and male-dominated occupations and workplaces
by Mastekaasa, Arne
- 2273-2282 'Choosing' to work when sick: workplace presenteeism
by Dew, Kevin & Keefe, Vera & Small, Keitha
- 2283-2293 'Supply' and 'demand': breastfeeding as labour
by Dykes, Fiona
- 2295-2306 Mothers reframing physical activity: family oriented politicism, transgression and contested expertise in Australia
by Lewis, Belinda & Ridge, Damien
- 2307-2320 Physician-elderly patient-companion communication and roles of companions in Japanese geriatric encounters
by Ishikawa, Hirono & Roter, Debra L. & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Takayama, Tomoko
- 2321-2332 Quality of life and coping strategies among lung transplant candidates and their family caregivers
by Myaskovsky, Larissa & Amanda Dew, Mary & Switzer, Galen E. & McNulty, Mary L. & DiMartini, Andrea F. & McCurry, Kenneth R.
- 2333-2340 Participatory action research: considerations for ethical review
by Khanlou, N. & Peter, E.
- 2341-2350 Parents' perceptions of pediatric day surgery risks: unforeseeable complications, or avoidable mistakes?
by Sobo, Elisa J.
- 2351-2358 The impact of advertising on nicotine replacement therapy demand
by Tauras, John A. & Chaloupka, Frank J. & Emery, Sherry
- 2359-2369 Governance in gridlock in the Russian health system; the case of Sverdlovsk oblast
by Sheaff, Rod
- 2371-2382 Credit program outcomes: coping capacity and nutritional status in the food insecure context of Ethiopia
by Doocy, Shannon & Teferra, Shimeles & Norell, Dan & Burnham, Gilbert
- 2383-2391 Beyond intention: do specific plans increase health behaviours in patients in primary care? A study of fruit and vegetable consumption
by Jackson, Cath & Lawton, Rebecca & Knapp, Peter & Raynor, David K. & Conner, Mark & Lowe, Catherine & José Closs, S.
- 2393-2403 A pharmacist model of perceived responsibility for drug therapy outcomes
by Planas, Lourdes G. & Kimberlin, Carole L. & Segal, Richard & Brushwood, David B. & Hepler, Charles D. & Schlenker, Barry R.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 9
- 1905-1918 Does 'welfare-to-work' work? A systematic review of the effectiveness of the UK's welfare-to-work programmes for people with a disability or chronic illness
by Bambra, Clare & Whitehead, Margaret & Hamilton, Val
- 1919-1926 The impact of media coverage of the suicide of a well-known Quebec reporter: the case of Gaëtan Girouard
by Tousignant, Michel & Mishara, Brian L. & Caillaud, Aline & Fortin, Veronique & St-Laurent, Danielle
- 1927-1935 Beyond blame: cultural barriers to medical incident reporting
by Waring, Justin J.
- 1937-1948 How acceptable are innovative health-care technologies? A survey of public beliefs and attitudes in England and Wales
by Calnan, Michael & Montaner, David & Horne, Rob
- 1949-1959 Doing criticism in 'symbiotic niceness': a study of palliative care nurses' talk
by Li, Sarah
- 1961-1974 Physicians' attitudes towards end-of-life decisions: a comparison between seven countries
by Miccinesi, Guido & Fischer, Susanne & Paci, Eugenio & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D & Cartwright, Colleen & van der Heide, Agnes & Nilstun, Tore & Norup, Michael & Mortier, Freddy
- 1975-1985 Diversity in clinical guidelines: the role of repertoires of evaluation
by Moreira, Tiago
- 1987-2010 Socioeconomic status and weight change in adults: a review
by Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 2011-2023 Low levels of maternal education and the proximate determinants of childhood mortality: a little learning is not a dangerous thing
by Basu, Alaka Malwade & Stephenson, Rob
- 2025-2034 Prehospital delay and independent/interdependent construal of self among Japanese patients with acute myocardial infarction
by Fukuoka, Yoshimi & Dracup, Kathleen & Rankin, Sally H. & Froelicher, Erika Sivarajan & Kobayashi, Fumio & Hirayama, Haro & Ohno, Miyoshi & Matsumoto, David
- 2035-2044 Breast-feeding, day-care attendance and the frequency of antibiotic treatments from 1.5 to 5 years: a population-based longitudinal study in Canada
by Dubois, Lise & Girard, Manon
- 2045-2057 The impact of socio-economic factors on functional status decline among community-dwelling older adults in China
by Beydoun, May A. & Popkin, Barry M.
- 2059-2071 Location, location, location: contextual and compositional health effects of social capital in British Columbia, Canada
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 2073-2084 A multilevel analysis of ethnic variation in depressive symptoms among adolescents in the United States
by Wight, Richard G. & Aneshensel, Carol S. & Botticello, Amanda L. & Sepúlveda, Joslan E.
- 2085-2095 Framing the fetus in medical work: rituals and practices
by Williams, Clare
- 2097-2110 Translators and mediators: bilingual young people's accounts of their interpreting work in health care
by Green, Judith & Free, Caroline & Bhavnani, Vanita & Newman, Tony
- 2111-2116 Antibiomedicine belief and integrative health seeking in Taiwan
by Lew-Ting, Chih-Yin
- 2117-2128 "Sneaky disease": the body and health knowledge for people at risk for coronary heart disease in Ontario, Canada
by Angus, J. & Evans, S. & Lapum, J. & Rukholm, E. & St. Onge, R. & Nolan, R. & Michel, I.
- 2129-2133 Role of socialization in explaining social inequalities in health
by Singh-Manoux, Archana & Marmot, Michael
- 2135-2147 Guiding the design and selection of interventions to influence the implementation of evidence-based practice: an experimental simulation of a complex intervention trial
by Bonetti, Debbie & Eccles, Martin & Johnston, Marie & Steen, Nick & Grimshaw, Jeremy & Baker, Rachel & Walker, Anne & Pitts, Nigel
- 2149-2154 Health care and illegality: a survey of undocumented pregnant immigrants in Geneva
by Wolff, Hans & Stalder, Hans & Epiney, Manuella & Walder, Angela & Irion, Olivier & Morabia, Alfredo
2005, Volume 60, Issue 8
- 1661-1664 On the relevance of personal characteristics in setting health priorities: a comment on Olsen, Richardson, Dolan and Menzel (2003)
by Mortimer, Duncan
- 1665-1666 Response to "on the relevance of personal characteristics in setting health care priorities"
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Richardson, Jeff & Dolan, Paul & Menzel, Paul
- 1667-1679 Racial residential segregation and geographic heterogeneity in black/white disparity in poor self-rated health in the US: a multilevel statistical analysis
by Subramanian, S.V. & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Osypuk, Theresa L.
- 1681-1692 Gender differences in the associations between health and neighbourhood environment
by Stafford, M. & Cummins, S. & Macintyre, S. & Ellaway, A. & Marmot, M.
- 1693-1703 Comparing sex inequalities in common affective disorders across countries: Great Britain and Chile
by Rojas, Graciela & Araya, Ricardo & Lewis, Glyn
- 1705-1715 A gender-based dynamic multidimensional longitudinal analysis of resilience and mortality in the old-old in Israel: the cross-sectional and longitudinal aging study (CALAS)
by Walter-Ginzburg, Adrian & Shmotkin, Dov & Blumstein, Tzvia & Shorek, Aviva
- 1717-1727 The impact of current and past interpersonal violence on women's mental health
by Romito, Patrizia & Molzan Turan, Janet & De Marchi, Margherita
- 1729-1738 'My fear is to fall in love again...' How HIV-positive African women survive in London
by Doyal, Lesley & Anderson, Jane
- 1739-1749 A typology of groups at risk of HIV/STI in a gold mining town in north-western Tanzania
by Desmond, Nicola & Allen, Caroline F. & Clift, Simon & Justine, Butolwa & Mzugu, Joseph & Plummer, Mary L. & Watson-Jones, Deborah & Ross, David A.
- 1751-1765 'I never go anywhere': extricating the links between women's mobility and uptake of reproductive health services in Pakistan
by Mumtaz, Zubia & Salway, Sarah
- 1767-1779 What happened when Scottish women were given advance supplies of emergency contraception? A survey and qualitative study of women's views and experiences
by Ziebland, Sue & Wyke, Sally & Seaman, Pete & Fairhurst, Karen & Walker, Jeremy & Glasier, Anna
- 1781-1793 Attitudes toward palliative care, conceptions of euthanasia and opinions about its legalization among French physicians
by Peretti-Watel, P. & Bendiane, M.K. & Moatti, J.P.
- 1795-1804 Dimensions of privacy in palliative care: views of health professionals
by Street, Annette F. & Love, Anthony
- 1805-1814 Cost structure of osteopathic hospitals and their local counterparts in the USA: Are they any different?
by Sinay, Tony
- 1815-1833 Managed care and infant health: an evaluation of Medicaid in the US
by Kaestner, Robert & Dubay, Lisa & Kenney, Genevieve
- 1835-1844 Social and psychological characteristics of Kuwaiti children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes
by Moussa, M.A.A. & Alsaeid, M. & Abdella, N. & Refai, T.M.K. & Al-Sheikh, N. & Gomez, J.E.
- 1845-1853 Perceptions of tuberculosis patients about their physical, mental and social well-being: a field report from south India
by Rajeswari, R. & Muniyandi, M. & Balasubramanian, R. & Narayanan, P.R.
- 1855-1858 Perspectives on use and protection of genetic information in work settings: results of a preliminary study
by Roberts, Laura Weiss & Geppert, Cynthia M.A. & Warner, Teddy D. & Green Hammond, Katherine A. & Rogers, Melinda & Smrcka, Julienne & Roberts, Brian B.
- 1859-1868 Variation and change in the meaning of oral health related quality of life: a 'grounded' systems approach
by Gregory, Jane & Gibson, Barry & Robinson, Peter G.
- 1869-1879 Repositioning the patient: the implications of being 'at risk'
by Scott, S. & Prior, L. & Wood, F. & Gray, J.
- 1881-1891 Potential access and revealed access to pain management medications
by Lin, Swu-Jane & Crawford, Stephanie Y. & Warren Salmon, J.
- 1893-1903 Health sector reform in Argentina: a cautionary tale
by Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter
2005, Volume 60, Issue 7
- 1411-1421 The purpose of attributing cause: beliefs about the causes of myocardial infarction
by French, DavidP. & Maissi, Esther & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 1423-1435 Lay perceptions of type 2 diabetes in Scotland: bringing health services back in
by Lawton, Julia & Peel, Elizabeth & Parry, Odette & Araoz, Gonzalo & Douglas, Margaret
- 1437-1443 Moral hazard and prescription medicine use in Australia--the patient perspective
by Doran, Evan & Robertson, Jane & Henry, David
- 1445-1457 Fee-for-service or donation? Hungarian perspectives on informal payment for health care
by Gaal, Peter & McKee, Martin
- 1459-1465 Whose informational needs are considered? A comparison between cancer patients and their spouses' perceptions of their own and their partners' knowledge and informational needs
by Bar-Tal, Yoram & Barnoy, Sivia & Zisser, Bracha
- 1467-1478 Health information-seeking behaviour in adolescence: the place of the internet
by Gray, Nicola J. & Klein, Jonathan D. & Noyce, Peter R. & Sesselberg, Tracy S. & Cantrill, Judith A.
- 1479-1486 The impact of an organ donation registration information program for high school students in the Netherlands
by Reubsaet, A. & Brug, J. & Nijkamp, M.D. & Candel, M.J.J.M. & Hooff, J.P. van & Borne, H.W. van den
- 1487-1498 Exploring the social and cultural context of sexual health for young people in Mongolia: implications for health promotion
by Roberts, Amanda B. & Oyun, C. & Batnasan, E. & Laing, Lory
- 1499-1513 Association of sociodemographic characteristics of children with intellectual disability in Western Australia
by Leonard, Helen & Petterson, Beverly & De Klerk, Nicholas & Zubrick, Stephen R. & Glasson, Emma & Sanders, Richard & Bower, Carol
- 1515-1526 Does social inequality matter? Changing ethnic socio-economic disparities and Maori smoking in New Zealand, 1981-1996
by Barnett, Ross & Pearce, Jamie & Moon, Graham
- 1527-1546 Ethnic differences in social participation and social capital in Malmö, Sweden: a population-based study
by Lindström, Martin
- 1547-1555 Residential mobility in the California Teachers Study: implications for geographic differences in disease rates
by Hurley, Susan E. & Reynolds, Peggy & Goldberg, Debbie E. & Hertz, Andrew & Anton-Culver, Hoda & Bernstein, Leslie & Deapen, Dennis & Peel, David & Pinder, Richard & Ross, Ronald K. & West, Dee & Wright, William E. & Ziogas, Argyrios & Horn-Ross, Pamela L.
- 1557-1569 Neighbourhood inequality, neighbourhood affluence and population health
by Hou, Feng & Myles, John
- 1571-1582 A comparison of generic, indirect utility measures (the HUI2, HUI3, SF-6D, and the EQ-5D) and disease-specific instruments (the RAQoL and the HAQ) in rheumatoid arthritis
by Marra, Carlo A. & Woolcott, John C. & Kopec, Jacek A. & Shojania, Kamran & Offer, Robert & Brazier, John E. & Esdaile, John M. & Anis, Aslam H.
- 1583-1591 Autonomy-related behaviors of patient companions and their effect on decision-making activity in geriatric primary care visits
by Clayman, Marla L. & Roter, Debra & Wissow, Lawrence S. & Bandeen-Roche, Karen
- 1593-1602 Self-reported job insecurity and health in the Whitehall II study: potential explanations of the relationship
by Ferrie, Jane E. & Shipley, Martin J. & Newman, Katherine & Stansfeld, Stephen A. & Marmot, Michael
- 1603-1612 Psychosocial and cultural factors affecting the perceived risk of genetically modified food: an overview of the literature
by Finucane, Melissa L. & Holup, Joan L.
- 1613-1624 AIDS and "shared sovereignty" in Tanzania from 1987 to 2000: a case study
by Hartwig, Kari A. & Eng, Eugenia & Daniel, Mark & Ricketts, Thomas & Crouse Quinn, Sandra
- 1625-1635 Cultural differences in conceptual models of depression
by Karasz, Alison
- 1637-1647 Identity change and the human dissection experience over the first year of medical training
by Madill, Anna & Latchford, Gary
- 1649-1660 Between formal and enacted policy: changing the contours of boundaries
by Mizrachi, Nissim & Shuval, Judith T.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 6
- 1165-1173 The role of social norms and friends' influences on unhealthy weight-control behaviors among adolescent girls
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne & Story, Mary & Perry, Cheryl
- 1175-1185 Sexual and reproductive behaviour among single women aged 15-24 in eight Latin American countries: a comparative analysis
by Ali, Mohamed M. & Cleland, John
- 1187-1196 Imposition of virginity testing: a life-saver or a license to kill?
by Shalhoub-Kevorkian, Nadera
- 1197-1208 Provision of HIV treatment in HIV preventive vaccine trials: a developing country perspective
by Slack, C. & Stobie, M. & Milford, C. & Lindegger, G. & Wassenaar, D. & Strode, A. & IJsselmuiden, C.
- 1209-1218 HIV/AIDS and community conflict in Nigeria: implications and challenges
by Gruber, Janet & Caffrey, Margaret
- 1219-1228 Challenges of a pandemic: HIV/AIDS-related problems affecting Kenyan widows
by Luginaah, Isaac & Elkins, David & Maticka-Tyndale, Eleanor & Landry, Tamara & Mathui, Mercy
- 1229-1240 Differences in quality of life between women and men in the older population of Spain
by Guallar-Castillón, Pilar & Redondo Sendino, Áurea & Banegas, José R. & López-García, Esther & Rodríguez-Artalejo, Fernando
- 1241-1250 Away from home: an ethnographic study of a transitional rehabilitation scheme for older people in the UK
by Hart, Elizabeth & Lymbery, Mark & Gladman, J.R.F
- 1251-1266 Inequity and inequality in the use of health care in England: an empirical investigation
by Morris, Stephen & Sutton, Matthew & Gravelle, Hugh
- 1267-1283 Social capital, geography and health: a small-area analysis for England
by Mohan, John & Twigg, Liz & Barnard, Steve & Jones, Kelvyn
- 1285-1297 Perceived neighborhood characteristics and the health of adult Koreans
by Cho, Youngtae & Park, Gil-Sung & Echevarria-Cruz, Samuel
- 1299-1309 The 'expert patient': empowerment or medical dominance? The case of weight loss, pharmaceutical drugs and the Internet
by Fox, N.J. & Ward, K.J. & O'Rourke, A.J.
- 1311-1322 From the doctor's workshop to the iron cage? Evolving modes of physician control in US health systems
by Kitchener, Martin & Caronna, Carol A. & Shortell, Stephen M.
- 1323-1334 The pipeline and the porcupine: alternate metaphors of the physician-industry relationship
by Mather, Charles
- 1335-1346 A qualitative study of GPs' and PCO stakeholders' views on the importance and influence of cost on prescribing
by Prosser, Helen & Walley, Tom
- 1347-1357 Ambivalent helpers and unhealthy choices: public health practitioners' narratives of Indigenous ill-health
by Kowal, Emma & Paradies, Yin
- 1359-1370 Self-rated health within the Canadian immigrant population: risk and the healthy immigrant effect
by Bruce Newbold, K.
- 1371-1383 Integrated versus non-integrated management and care for clients with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders: a qualitative systematic review of randomised controlled trials
by Donald, Maria & Dower, Jo & Kavanagh, David
- 1385-1396 Is it worth the risk? A systematic review of instruments that measure risk propensity for use in the health setting
by Harrison, James D. & Young, Jane M. & Butow, Phyllis & Salkeld, Glenn & Solomon, Michael J.
- 1397-1407 Dealing with self-management of chronic illness at work: predictors for self-disclosure
by Munir, F. & Leka, S. & Griffiths, A.
2005, Volume 60, Issue 5
- 911-921 Newborn care practices in low socioeconomic settlements of Karachi, Pakistan
by Fikree, Fariyal F. & Ali, Tazeen S. & Durocher, Jill M. & Rahbar, Mohammad Hossein
- 923-935 The prevalence of diarrheal disease among Brazilian children: trends and differentials from 1986 to 1996
by Sastry, Narayan & Burgard, Sarah
- 937-947 Assessing the benefits of health research: lessons from research into the use of antenatal corticosteroids for the prevention of neonatal respiratory distress syndrome
by Hanney, Steve & Mugford, Miranda & Grant, Jonathan & Buxton, Martin
- 949-964 Non-antibiotic treatment recommendations: delivery formats and implications for parent resistance
by Stivers, Tanya
- 965-975 Coping strategies in parents of children with cancer
by Norberg, Annika Lindahl & Lindblad, Frank & Boman, Krister K.
- 977-988 Coping with stress among Aboriginal women and men with diabetes in Winnipeg, Canada
by Iwasaki, Yoshi & Bartlett, Judith & O'Neil, John
- 989-997 Individual, household and neighborhood socioeconomic status and mortality: a study of absolute and relative deprivation
by Jaffe, Dena H. & Eisenbach, Zvi & Neumark, Yehuda D. & Manor, Orly
- 999-1015 Impact of socioeconomic status on longitudinal accumulation of cardiovascular risk in young adults: the CARDIA Study (USA)
by Karlamangla, Arun S. & Singer, Burton H. & Williams, David R. & Schwartz, Joseph E. & Matthews, Karen A. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 1017-1033 Cities and population health
by Galea, Sandro & Freudenberg, Nicholas & Vlahov, David
- 1035-1045 The role of premorbid psychological attributes in short- and long-term adjustment after cardiac disease. A prospective study in the elderly in The Netherlands
by van Jaarsveld, Cornelia H.M. & Ranchor, Adelita V. & Sanderman, Robbert & Ormel, Johan & Kempen, Gertrudis I.J.M.
- 1047-1060 The pivotal role of cardiac self-care in treatment timing
by Schoenberg, Nancy E. & Amey, Cheryl H. & Palo Stoller, Eleanor & Drew, Elaine M.
- 1061-1070 The legacy of agent orange: empirical evidence from central Vietnam
by Palmer, Michael G.
- 1071-1085 The association between smoking during pregnancy and hospital inpatient costs in childhood
by Petrou, Stavros & Hockley, Christine & Mehta, Ziyah & Goldacre, Michael
- 1087-1098 Racial differences in public perceptions of voluntariness of medical research participants in South Africa
by Barsdorf, Nicola Wendy & Wassenaar, Douglas Richard
- 1099-1106 "What sort of health promotion are you talking about?": a discourse analysis of the talk of general practitioners
by McKinlay, Eileen & Plumridge, Libby & McBain, Lynn & McLeod, Deborah & Pullon, Susan & Brown, Selina
- 1107-1116 Contributions of social science to the alcohol field in an era of biomedicalization
by Midanik, Lorraine & Room, Robin
- 1117-1131 Reviewing the effort-reward imbalance model: drawing up the balance of 45 empirical studies
by van Vegchel, Natasja & de Jonge, Jan & Bosma, Hans & Schaufeli, Wilmar
- 1133-1147 Innovation, diffusion and safety of a medical technology: a review of the literature on injection practices
by Kotwal, Atul
- 1149-1162 A tale of two hospitals: assessing cultural landscapes and compositions
by Braithwaite, Jeffrey & Westbrook, Mary T. & Iedema, Rick & Mallock, Nadine A. & Forsyth, Rowena & Zhang, Kai
2005, Volume 60, Issue 4
- 661-678 Systematic review of sexual risk among pregnant and mothering teens in the USA: pregnancy as an opportunity for integrated prevention of STD and repeat pregnancy
by Meade, Christina S. & Ickovics, Jeannette R.