Citations for "Electoral competition under the threat of political unrest"
by Matthew Ellman & Leonard Wantchekon
- Paul Collier & Pedro Vicente, 2012. "Violence, bribery, and fraud: the political economy of elections in Sub-Saharan Africa," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 153(1), pages 117-147, October.
- Christopher Blattman & Edward Miguel, 2009. "Civil War: A Review of Fifty Years of Research," Working Papers id:2231, eSocialSciences.
- Przeworski, Adam & Rivero, Gonzalo & Xi, Tianyang, 2015. "Elections as a conflict processing mechanism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 235-248.
- Pokladniková, Vlasta & Yildiz, Muhamet, 2009. "Moderation of an ideological party," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 516-537, March.
- Humberto Llavador, 2006.
"Electoral Platforms, Implemented Policies, and Abstention,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 27(1), pages 55-81, August.
- Humberto Llavador, 2001. "Electoral platforms, implemented policies and abstention," Economics Working Papers 571, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Oct 2004.
- Humberto Llavador, 2003. "Electoral Platforms, Implemented Policies, and Abstention," Working Papers 34, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Santiago Sánchez-Pagés & Ángel Solano García, 2016. "Immigration, Conflict, and Redistribution," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 118(3), pages 557-593, 07.
- Santiago Sanchez-Pages & Angel Solano Garcia, 2010. "Immigration, Conflict and Redistribution," ESE Discussion Papers 195, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Sánchez-Pagés, Santiago & Solano García, Ángel, 2010. "Immigration, Conflict and Redistribution," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-49, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati, 2009. "Does Timing of Elections Instigate Riots? A Subnational Study of 16 Indian States, 1958-2004," Working Papers id:1835, eSocialSciences.
- Pierre André & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2013. "Sitting on the fence: Pork-barrels and democratization under threat of conflict. The case of Ghana, 1996 - 2004," THEMA Working Papers 2013-24, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Vardan Baghdasaryan & Giovanna Iannantuoni & Valeria Maggian, 2017. "Electoral fraud and voter turnout: An experimental study," Working Papers 1716, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2001. "A Theory of Political Transitions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 938-963, September.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 1999. "A Theory of Political Transitions," CEPR Discussion Papers 2277, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & James Robinson, 1999. "A Theory of Political Transitions," Working papers 99-26, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Adam Przeworski, 2005. "Democracy as an equilibrium," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 123(3), pages 253-273, June.
- Londregan, John & Vindigni, Andrea, 2006. "Voting as a Credible Threat," Papers 10-04-2006, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Gerard Padro i Miquel, 2006. "The Control of Politicians in Divided Societies: The Politics of Fear," NBER Working Papers 12573, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ashish Chaturvedi, 2005. "Rigging elections with violence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 189-202, July.
- John Londregan & Andrea Vindigni, 2006. "Voting as a Credible Threat," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 18, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:254-267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vardan, Baghdasaryan & Giovanna, Iannantuoni & Valeria, Maggian, 2015. "Electoral fraud and voter turnout," Working Papers 315, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised 25 Nov 2015.
- Vardan Baghdasaryan & Giovanna Iannantuoni & Valeria Maggian, 2016. "Electoral fraud and voter turnout," Post-Print halshs-01352122, HAL.
- Wolitzky, Alexander, 2013. "Endogenous institutions and political extremism," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 86-100.
- Klingelhöfer, Jan, 2013. "Lobbying and Elections," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79722, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christopher Blattman & Edward Miguel, 2010. "Civil War," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 48(1), pages 3-57, March.
- Christopher Blattman & Edward Miguel, 2009. "Civil War," NBER Working Papers 14801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blattman, Christopher & Miguel, Edward, 2009. "Civil War," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt90n356hs, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- David Stasavage, 2003. "Democracy and education spending: has Africa's move to multiparty elections made a difference to policy?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6645, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Wolton, Stephane, 2016. "Lobbying, Inside and Out: How Special Interest Groups Influence Policy Choices," MPRA Paper 68637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kjell Hausken & Mthuli Ncube, 2013. "Working Paper 173 - Production and Conflict in Risky Elections," Working Paper Series 469, African Development Bank.
- Monica Martinez-Bravo, 2014. "The Role of Local Officials in New Democracies: Evidence from Indonesia," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(4), pages 1244-1287, April.
- Monica Martinez-Bravo, 2013. "The Role of Local Officials in New Democracies: Evidence from Indonesia," Working Papers wp2013_1302, CEMFI.
- repec:esx:essedp:652 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kjell Hausken & Mthuli Ncube, 2016. "How Elections are Impacted by Production, Economic Growth and Conflict," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 18(01), pages 1550015-01 .
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/12022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hausken, Kjell & Ncube, Mthuli, 2012. "Production and Conflict in Risky Elections," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2012/14, University of Stavanger.
- Daron Acemoglu & Suresh Naidu & Pascual Restrepo & James A. Robinson, 2013. "Democracy, Redistribution and Inequality," NBER Working Papers 19746, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.