Citations for "Choice, Chance, and the Personal Distribution of Income"
by Milton Friedman
- Elke Holst & Andrea Schäfer & Mechthild Schrooten, 2010.
"Gender, Transnational Networks and Remittances: Evidence from Germany,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
1005, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Elke Holst & Andrea Schäfer & Mechthild Schrooten, 2010. "Gender, Transnational Networks and Remittances: Evidence from Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 296, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1996. "The Principle and Market Failure in Systems Competition," NBER Working Papers 5411, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wharton School & Nikolai Roussanov, 2008.
"Diversification and its Discontents: Idiosyncratic and Entrepreneurial Risk in the Quest for Social Status,"
2008 Meeting Papers
924, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nikolai Roussanov, 2010. "Diversification and Its Discontents: Idiosyncratic and Entrepreneurial Risk in the Quest for Social Status," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(5), pages 1755-1788, October.
- Jean P. Sepulveda & Claudio Bonilla, 2010. "The attitude toward the risk of entrepreneurial activity: Evidence from Chile," Past Working Papers 03, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics, revised Aug 2010.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2014.
"How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
6980, The World Bank.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Wagstaff, Adam, 2015. "How Useful is Inequality of Opportunity as a Policy Construct?," CEPR Discussion Papers 10508, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ravi Kanbur & Adam Wagstaff, 2014. "How useful is inequality of opportunity as a policy construct?," Working Papers 338, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1995.
" A Theory of the Welfare State,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(4), pages 495-526, December.
- Jacob Mincer, 1974. "Progress in Human Capital Analysis of the Distribution of Earnings," NBER Working Papers 0053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward P. Lazear & Sherwin Rosen, 1979.
"Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts,"
NBER Working Papers
0401, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lara Ibarra,Gabriel & Martinez Cruz,Adan L., 2015. "Exploring the sources of downward bias in measuring inequality of opportunity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7458, The World Bank.
- Siv Gustafsson & Frank P. Stafford, 1994. "Three Regimes of Child Care: The United States, the Netherlands, and Sweden," NBER Chapters, in: Social Protection versus Economic Flexibility: Is There a Trade-Off?, pages 333-362 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feryel Ouerghi, 2013. "Global Financial Crisis: Did Exchange Rate Politics Help Emerging Countries To Be More Resilient," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 949 - 963.
- Xavier Vollenweider, 2014. "A simple framework for the estimation of climate exposure," GRI Working Papers 158, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2001.
"Choice, Chance, and Wealth Dispersion at Retirement,"
in: Aging Issues in the United States and Japan, pages 25-64
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2000. "Choice, Chance, and Wealth Dispersion at Retirement," NBER Working Papers 7521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean P. Sepúlveda & Claudio A. Bonilla, 2014.
"The factors affecting the risk attitude in entrepreneurship: evidence from Latin America,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(8), pages 573-581, May.
- Jean P. Sepulveda & Claudio Bonilla, 2014. "Determinants of the Risk Attitude in Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Latin America," Past Working Papers 18, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics.
- Barry Chiswick, 2003.
"Jacob Mincer, Experience and the Distribution of Earnings,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 343-361, December.
- Chiswick, Barry R., 2003. "Jacob Mincer, Experience and the Distribution of Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 847, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sandmo, Agnar, 2013. "The principal problem in political economy: income distribution in the history of economic thought," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 15/2013, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Benny Moldovanu & Aner Sela & Xianwen Shi, 2006.
"Contests For Status,"
0604, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Moldovanu, Benny & Sela, Aner & Shi, Xianwen, 2005. "Contests for Status," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 139, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- L. Arrondel & M. Roger & F. Savignac, 2014.
"Wealth and Income in the Euro Area: Heterogeneity in Households’ Behaviours?,"
497, Banque de France.
- Arrondel, Luc & Roger, Muriel & Savignac, Frédérique, 2014. "Wealth and income in the euro area: Heterogeneity in households' behaviours?," Working Paper Series 1709, European Central Bank.
- Tondani, Davide, 2009. "Universal Basic Income and Negative Income Tax: Two different ways of thinking redistribution," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 246-255, March.
- Seidl, Christian & Camacho Cuena, Eva & Morone, Andrea, 2003. "Income Distributions versus Lotteries Happiness, Response-Mode Effects, and Preference," Economics Working Papers 2003,01, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Willi Semmler & Raphaele Chappe, 2012. "Ponzi Finance And The Hedge Fund Industry," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(su), pages 1250037-1-1.
- Alfons Weichenrieder & Tasneem Zafar, 2011. "Evaluating Real World Income Distributions behind the Veil of Ignorance - How Risk Averse do you have to be to Prefer Europe over the US?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3632, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gruner, Hans Peter, 2003. "Redistribution as a selection device," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 194-216, February.
- Perez Truglia, Ricardo Nicolas, 2007. "Conspicuous consumption in the land of Prince Charming," MPRA Paper 22009, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Mar 2010.
- Gerold Blümle & Friedrich Sell, 1998. "A positive theory of optimal personal income distribution and growth," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(4), pages 331-352, December.
- Sherwin Rosen, 2002. "Markets and Diversity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Nasha Ananchotikul & Nuwat Nookhwun & Paiboon Pongpaichet & Songklod Rastapana & Phurichai Rungcharoenkitkul, 2010. "The Future of Monetary Policy: Roles of Financial Stability and Exchange Rate," Working Papers 2010-07, Economic Research Department, Bank of Thailand.
- Kenneth Greene, 1986. "The public choice of differing degrees of tax progressivity," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 265-282, January.
- Derek Neal & Sherwin Rosen, 1998. "Theories of the Distribution of Labor Earnings," NBER Working Papers 6378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toda, Alexis Akira, 2012. "The double power law in income distribution: Explanations and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 364-381.
- Traub, Stefan & Seidl, Christian & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2009. "An experimental study on individual choice, social welfare, and social preferences," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 385-400, May.
- Lothian, James R., 2009. "Milton Friedman's monetary economics and the quantity-theory tradition," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1086-1096, November.
- Tim Krieger & Stefan Traub, 2008. "Back to Bismarck? Shifting Preferences for Intragenerational Redistribution in OECD Pension Systems," Working Papers CIE 13, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.