Citations for "Response of Hourly Stock Prices and Trading Volume to Economic News"
by Jain, Prem C
- Erenburg, Grigori & Kurov, Alexander & Lasser, Dennis J., 2006. "Trading around macroeconomic announcements: Are all traders created equal?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 470-493, October.
- Scholtus, Martin & van Dijk, Dick & Frijns, Bart, 2014.
"Speed, algorithmic trading, and market quality around macroeconomic news announcements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 89-105.
- Martin L. Scholtus & Dick van Dijk & Bart Frijns, 2012. "Speed, Algorithmic Trading, and Market Quality around Macroeconomic News Announcements," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-121/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Akhtar, Shumi & Faff, Robert & Oliver, Barry & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2011. "The power of bad: The negativity bias in Australian consumer sentiment announcements on stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1239-1249, May.
- Yu Cong & Rani Hoitash & Murugappa Krishnan, 2010. "Event study with imperfect competition and private information: earnings announcements revisited," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 383-411, April.
- José Gonzalo Rangel, 2009.
"Macroeconomic News, Announcements, and Stock Market Jump Intensity Dynamics,"
2009-15, Banco de México.
- Rangel, José Gonzalo, 2011. "Macroeconomic news, announcements, and stock market jump intensity dynamics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1263-1276, May.
- Imane El Ouadghiri & Valérie Mignon & Nicolas Boitout, 2016.
"On the impact of macroeconomic news surprises on Treasury-bond returns,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-53, February.
- Nicolas Boitout & Imane El Ouadghiri & Valérie Mignon, 2016. "On the impact of macroeconomic news surprises on Treasury-bond returns," Post-Print hal-01386014, HAL.
- Ziliotto, Arianna & Serati, Massimiliano, 2015. "The semi-strong efficiency debate: In search of a new testing framework," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 412-438.
- Ray Fair, 2001.
"Shock Effects on Stocks, Bonds, and Exchange Rates,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm172, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2001.
- Fair, Ray C., 2003. "Shock effects on stocks, bonds, and exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 307-341, June.
- Dominique Dupont, 1997. "Trading volume and information distribution in a market-clearing framework," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-41, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- N. Groenewold, 2000. "Financial Deregulation and the Relationship Between the Economy and the Share Market in Australia," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 00-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1997.
"What moves the bond market?,"
9706, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Sam Howison & David Lamper, 2001. "Trading volume in models of financial derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 119-135.
- Angelo Ranaldo, 2002. "Market Dynamics Around Public Information Arrivals," FAME Research Paper Series rp45, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Ryan Love & Richard Payne, 2003.
"Macroeconomic news, order flows and exchange rates,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
24901, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Love, Ryan & Payne, Richard, 2008. "Macroeconomic News, Order Flows, and Exchange Rates," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(02), pages 467-488, June.
- Richard Payne, 2003. "Macroeconomic news, order flows and exchange rates," FMG Discussion Papers dp475, Financial Markets Group.
- Anup Agrawal & Mark A. Chen, 2008. "Do Analyst Conflicts Matter? Evidence from Stock Recommendations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 503-537, 08.
- Ozdagli, Ali K., 2013. "Not so fast: high-frequency financial data for macroeconomic event studies," Working Papers 13-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Stefan Mittnik & Nikolay Robinzonov & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2013. "The Micro Dynamics of Macro Announcements," CESifo Working Paper Series 4421, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tyas Prevoo & Bas Weel, 2010.
"The Effects of a Change in Market Abuse Regulation on Abnormal Returns and Volumes: Evidence from the Amsterdam Stock Market,"
Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 237-293, September.
- Bas ter Weel & T. Prevoo, 2010. "The effects of a change in market abuse regulation on abnormal returns and volumes: Evidence from the Amsterdam stock market," CPB Discussion Paper 154, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh, 2000. "Currency futures, news releases, and uncertainty resolution," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 109-127.
- Kamran Khan & Israr Ahmed, 2015. "Impact of Stock Prices on Macroeconomic Variables: Evidence from Pakistan," KASBIT Journal of Management & Social Science, Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), vol. 8(1), pages 42-59, May.
- Aramonte, Sirio, 2014. "Macroeconomic uncertainty and the cross-section of option returns," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 25-49.
- Imane El Ouadghiri & Valerie Mignon & Nicolas Boitout, 2014. "On the impact of macroeconomic news surprises on Treasury-bond yields," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-20, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Amber & Gul, Ameet, 2010. "Relationship between consumer price index (CPI) and KSE-100 index trading volume in pakistan and finding the endogeneity in the involved data," MPRA Paper 26375, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 2010.
- Birz, Gene & Lott Jr., John R., 2011. "The effect of macroeconomic news on stock returns: New evidence from newspaper coverage," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 2791-2800, November.
- Yoshiro Tsutsui & Kenjiro Hirayama, 2004.
"Market Efficiency and International Linkage of Stock Prices: An Analysis with High-Frequency Data,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0620, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Kenjiro Hirayama & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2003. "Market Efficiency and International Linkage of Stock Prices: An Analysis with High Frequency Data," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 03-04, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Yoshiro Tsutsui & Kenjiro Hirayama, 2003. "Market Efficiency and International Linkage of Stock Prices: An Analysis with High-Frequency Data," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 03-04-Rev, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP), revised Oct 2004.
- Sylwia Nowak, 2008. "How Do Public Announcements Affect The Frequency Of Trading In U.S. Airline Stocks?," CAMA Working Papers 2008-38, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Chan, Yue-cheong & Chui, Andy C. W. & Kwok, Chuck C. Y., 2001. "The impact of salient political and economic news on the trading activity," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 195-217, June.
- Ivan Medovikov, 2014. "When does the stock market listen to economic news? New evidence from copulas and news wires," Papers 1410.8427, arXiv.org.
- Boffelli, Simona & Urga, Giovanni, 2015. "Macroannouncements, bond auctions and rating actions in the European government bond spreads," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 148-173.
- Zeynep ÃƒÂ–nder & Can Ã…Âžimga-Mugan, 2006. "How Do Political and Economic News Affect Emerging Markets? Evidence from Argentina and Turkey," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 50-77, July.
- Taamouti, Abderrahim & García, René & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2008. "Measuring causality between volatility and returns with high-frequency data," UC3M Working papers. Economics we084422, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Thomas Schuster, 2003. "News Events and Price Movements. Price Effects of Economic and Non-Economic Publications in the News Media," Finance 0305009, EconWPA.
- Tan, Oon Geok & Gannon, Gerard L., 2002. "'Information effect' of economic news: SPI futures," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 467-489.
- Fabio C. Bagliano & Carlo A. Favero & Giovanna Nicodano, 2011. "Insider Trading, Traded Volume and Returns," Working papers 26, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Sanjeev Dewan & Haim Mendelson, 1998. "Information Technology and Time-Based Competition in Financial Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(5), pages 595-609, May.
- Becker, Kent G. & Finnerty, Joseph E. & Friedman, Joseph, 1995. "Economic news and equity market linkages between the U.S. and U.K," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1191-1210, October.
- Branston, Christopher B. & Groenewold, Nicolaas, 2004. "Investment and share prices: fundamental versus speculative components," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 199-226, August.
- Ray C. Fair, 2002.
"Events That Shook the Market,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 713-732, October.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "Stock Market Reactions due to Announcements of Consumer Price Index and the Investigation of Endogeneity," MPRA Paper 34725, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Medovikov, Ivan, 2016. "When does the stock market listen to economic news? New evidence from copulas and news wires," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 27-40.