Events that Shook the Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, Douglas K & Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Stock Prices and Economic News," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Haugen, Robert A & Talmor, Eli & Torous, Walter N, 1991. "The Effect of Volatility Changes on the Level of Stock Prices and Subsequent Expected Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(3), pages 985-1007, July.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A., 1987. "Macroeconomic information and stock prices," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 131-140, May.
- Jain, Prem C, 1988. "Response of Hourly Stock Prices and Trading Volume to Economic News," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 219-231, April.
- David H. Cutler & James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "What Moves Stock Prices?," Working papers 487, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Taamouti, Abderrahim & García, René & Dufour, Jean-Marie, 2008. "Measuring causality between volatility and returns with high-frequency data," UC3M Working papers. Economics we084422, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Fair, Ray C., 2003.
"Shock effects on stocks, bonds, and exchange rates,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 307-341, June.
- Ray Fair, 2001. "Shock Effects on Stocks, Bonds, and Exchange Rates," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm172, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2001.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1997. "What moves the bond market?," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(Dec), pages 31-50.
- Madeline Zavodny & Donna K. Ginther, 2005. "Does the Beige Book Move Financial Markets?," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 72(1), pages 138-151, July.
- Jones, Brad & Lin, Chien-Ting & Masih, A. Mansur M., 2005. "Macroeconomic announcements, volatility, and interrelationships: An examination of the UK interest rate and equity markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 356-375.
- Simpson, Marc W. & Ramchander, Sanjay & Chaudhry, Mukesh, 2005. "The impact of macroeconomic surprises on spot and forward foreign exchange markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 693-718, September.
- James Ming Chen, 2017. "Econophysics and Capital Asset Pricing," Quantitative Perspectives on Behavioral Economics and Finance, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-3-319-63465-4, November.
- Scholtus, Martin & van Dijk, Dick & Frijns, Bart, 2014.
"Speed, algorithmic trading, and market quality around macroeconomic news announcements,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 89-105.
- Martin L. Scholtus & Dick van Dijk & Bart Frijns, 2012. "Speed, Algorithmic Trading, and Market Quality around Macroeconomic News Announcements," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-121/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Guzmán, Alexander & Mehrotra, Vikas & Morck, Randall & Trujillo, María-Andrea, 2020. "How institutional development news moves an emerging market," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 300-319.
- Grant McQueen & V. Vance Roley, 1990. "Stock Prices, News, and Business Conditions," NBER Working Papers 3520, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sellin, Peter, 1998. "Monetary Policy and the Stock Market: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Working Paper Series 72, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Brown, William Jr. & Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Weidenmier, Marc D., 2006.
"Volatility in an era of reduced uncertainty: Lessons from Pax Britannica,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 693-707, March.
- William O. Brown & Richard C. K. Burdekin & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2005. "Volatility in an Era of Reduced Uncertainty: Lessons from Pax Britannica," NBER Working Papers 11319, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sanjay Ramchander & Marc Simpson & Mukesh Chaudhry, 2003. "The impact of inflationary news on money market yields and volatilities," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 27(1), pages 85-101, March.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Amber & Gul, Ameet, 2010. "Relationship between consumer price index (CPI) and KSE-100 index trading volume in pakistan and finding the endogeneity in the involved data," MPRA Paper 26375, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Nov 2010.
- Gregory Bauer & Clara Vega, 2004.
"The Monetary Origins of Asymmetric Information in International Equity Markets,"
Staff Working Papers
04-47, Bank of Canada.
- Gregory H. Bauer & Clara Vega, 2006. "The monetary origins of asymmetric information in international equity markets," International Finance Discussion Papers 872, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ziliotto, Arianna & Serati, Massimiliano, 2015. "The semi-strong efficiency debate: In search of a new testing framework," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 412-438.
- Boffelli, Simona & Urga, Giovanni, 2015. "Macroannouncements, bond auctions and rating actions in the European government bond spreads," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 148-173.
- Rangel, José Gonzalo, 2011.
"Macroeconomic news, announcements, and stock market jump intensity dynamics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1263-1276, May.
- José Gonzalo Rangel, 2009. "Macroeconomic News, Announcements, and Stock Market Jump Intensity Dynamics," Working Papers 2009-15, Banco de México.
- N. Groenewold, 2000. "Financial Deregulation and the Relationship Between the Economy and the Share Market in Australia," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 00-10, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Z. E. Badarudin & M. Ariff & A. M. Khalid, 2011. "Money supply endogeneity and bank stock returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(14), pages 1035-1048.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FMK-2004-07-18 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ysm:somwrk:ysm307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/smyalus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/smyalus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.