Citations for "Estimating remittance functions for Pacific Island Migrants"
by Brown, Richard P. C.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5559 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bettin, Giulia & Paçacı Elitok, Seçil & Straubhaar, Thomas, 2012. "Causes and consequences of the downturn in financial remittances to Turkey: A descriptive approach," Edition HWWI: Chapters, in: Turkey, migration and the EU, pages 133-166 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Lilleør, Helene Bie, 2015. "Going Back Home: Internal Return Migration in Rural Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 186-202.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, November.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2013. "Remittances and Portfolio Values: An Inquiry using Immigrants from Africa, Europe, and the Americas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 83-95.
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti, 2012.
"Interval regression models with endogenous explanatory variables,"
Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 475-498, October.
- Giulia BETTIN & Riccardo LUCCHETTI, 2010. "Interval Regression Models with;Endogenous Explanatory Variables," Working Papers 339, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Giulia BETTIN & Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2011.
"Endogeneity and sample selection in a model for remittances,"
361, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bettin, Giulia & Lucchetti, Riccardo & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2012. "Endogeneity and sample selection in a model for remittances," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 370-384.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kuckulenz, Anja & Le Manchec, Marie-Helene, 2002.
"Worker Remittances and Capital Flows,"
Kiel Working Papers
1130, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Katarzyna Budnik, 2011.
"Temporary Migration in Theories of International Mobility of Labour,"
National Bank of Poland Working Papers
89, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Katarzyna Budnik, 2011. "Temporary migration in theories of international mobility of labour," Bank i Kredyt, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 42(6), pages 7-48.
- Eralba CELA, 2014. "Motivations behind the size of remittances. Evidence from Albanians in Italy," Working Papers 406, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2009.
"New Evidence on the Role of Remittances on Health Care Expenditures by Mexican Households,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4617, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2011. "New evidence on the role of remittances on healthcare expenditures by Mexican households," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 69-98, March.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Morocco; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 04/164, International Monetary Fund.
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti & Claudia Pigini, 2016. "State dependence and unobserved heterogeneity in a double hurdle model for remittances: evidence from immigrants to Germany," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 127, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi & Meshach J. Aziakpono & Matthew K. Ocran, 2011.
"The Changing Impact Of Macroeconomic Environment On Remittance Inflows In Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Academic Research in Economics,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 3(2 (July)), pages 136-167.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Aziakpono, Meshach J. & Ocran, Matthew K., 2011. "The changing impact of macroeconomic environment on remittance inflows in sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 37067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- de Brauw, Alan, 2001. "Migration And Investment In Rural China," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20648, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ambler, Kate, 2013. "Donâ€™t tell on me: Experimental evidence of asymmetric information in transnational households:," IFPRI discussion papers 1312, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti, 2012.
"Intertemporal Remittance Behaviour by Immigrants in Germany,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
505, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Giulia BETTIN & Riccardo LUCCHETTI, 2012. "Intertemporal remittance behaviour by immigrants in Germany," Working Papers 385, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti, 2012. "Intertemporal remittance behaviour by immigrants in Germany," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 75, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Solimano, Andres, 2003. "Remittances by Emigrants: Issues and Evidence," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Halahingano Rohorua, 2006. "How Cost Elastic are Remittances? Estimates from Tongan Migrants in New Zealand," Working Papers in Economics 06/02, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Lucas, Robert E.B., 2007.
"Migration and Rural Development,"
eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 4(1).
- Robert E.B. Lucas, 2007. "Migration and rural development," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 4(1), pages 99-122.
- Qiming Liu & Barry Reilly, 2004. "Income transfers of Chinese rural migrants: some empirical evidence from Jinan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1295-1313.
- Zizi GOSCHIN & Monica ROMAN, 2012. "Determinants of the remitting behaviour of Romanian emigrants in an economic crisis context," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3, pages 87-103, December.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2006.
"Macroeconomic determinantsof workers' remittances: Hostversus home country's economic conditions,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 81-99.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva & Peng Huang, 2005. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances: Host vs. Home Country’s Economic Conditions," International Finance 0507007, EconWPA, revised 29 Jul 2005.
- Poirine, Bernard, 1997. "A theory of remittances as an implicit family loan arrangement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 589-611, January.
- Puja Guha, 2014. "Economics of Migration and Remittances: A Review Article," Working Papers id:5618, eSocialSciences.
- de la Briere, Benedicte & Sadoulet, Elisabeth & de Janvry, Alain & Lambert, Sylvie, 2002. "The roles of destination, gender, and household composition in explaining remittances: an analysis for the Dominican Sierra," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 309-328, August.
- Jacques Bouhga-Hagbe, 2004. "A Theory of Workers' Remittances with An Application to Morocco," IMF Working Papers 04/194, International Monetary Fund.
- Matthieu Delpierre, 2012.
"The impact of liquidity constraints and imperfect commitment on migration decisions of offspring of rural households,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 153-170, March.
- Matthieu Delpierre, 2010. "The Impact of Liquidity Constraints and Imperfect Commitment on Migration Decisions of Offspring of Rural Households," Working Papers 1011, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi, 2014.
"macroeconomic determinants of workers’ remittances and compensation of employees in sub-saharan Africa,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 48(1), pages 337-360, January-M.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E., 2013. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Workers’ Remittances and Compensation of Employees in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 60620, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Iryna Kurevina, 2014. "Remittances, Consumption And Investments In Ukraine: VAR/VEC Estimates," Ukrainian Journal Ekonomist, Yuriy Kovalenko, issue 2, pages 11-14, February.
- Michael Clemens and Timothy N. Ogden, 2014. "Migration as a Strategy for Household Finance: A Research Agenda on Remittances, Payments, and Development- Working Paper 354," Working Papers 354, Center for Global Development.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2008:i:10:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adenutsi, Deodat & Aziakpono, Meshach & Ocran, Matthew, 2011. "Macroeconomic environment and remittances in post-independent Sub-Saharan Africa: Magnitudes, trends and stylised facts," MPRA Paper 42426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ranathunga, Seetha P.B., 2011. "Impact of rural to urban labour migration and the remittances on sending household welfare: a Sri Lankan case study," MPRA Paper 35943, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Dec 2011.
- Aaditya Mattoo & Lucy Payton, 2007. "Services Trade and Development : The Experience of Zambia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6697, November.
- Yoko Niimi & Thai Hung Pham & Barry Reilly, 2009.
"Determinants of Remittances: Recent Evidence Using Data on Internal Migrants in Vietnam,"
Asian Economic Journal,
East Asian Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 19-39, 03.
- Niimi, Yoko & Pham, Thai Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2008. "Determinants of remittances : recent evidence using data on internal migrants in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4586, The World Bank.
- Farai Jena, 2016. "The remittance behaviour of Kenyan sibling migrants," IZA Journal of Migration, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Matloob Piracha & Teresa Randazzo, 2011.
"Remittances and Return Migration,"
Studies in Economics
1118, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Giulia Bettin, 2012. "The remittance behaviour of African diaspora in Belgium," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages A157.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2014. "Remittance income uncertainty and asset accumulation," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Kuckulenz, Anja & Buch, Claudia M., 2004. "Worker Remittances and Capital Flows to Developing Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-31, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- François-Charles Wolff & Liliana Ortiz Bello, 2008. "Differences in remittances from US and Spanish migrants in Colombia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(10), pages 1-10.
- Don J. DeVoretz & Florin P. Vadean, 2008. "Cultural Differences in the Remittance Behaviour of Households: Evidence from Canadian Micro Data," Studies in Economics 0814, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Okayo Alphonsine COULIBALY, 2016. "Les Motivations Microéconomiques Des Transferts De Fonds Au Burkina Faso : La Culture Est-Elle Déterminante ?," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 43, pages 187-208.
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009.
"Income, consumption and remittances: evidence from immigrants to Australia,"
Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers
34, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Bettin, Giulia & Lucchetti, Riccardo & Zazzaro, Alberto, 2009. "Income, consumption and remittances: Evidence from immigrants to Australia," HWWI Research Papers 3-21, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Eugenia Markova & Barry Reilly, 2007. "Bulgarian Migrant Remittances and Legal Status: Some Micro-Level Evidence from Madrid," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 5(1), pages 55-69.
- Giulia Bettin & Riccardo Lucchetti, 2009. "Instrumental Variable Interval Regression," EHUCHAPS, Universidad del País Vasco - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Eduardo Rodriguez Tenes, 2007. "Workers' remittances in the Spanish Balance of Payments," IFC Bulletins chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial aspects of migration: the measurement of remittances, The IFC's contribution to the IAOS Conference, 6-8 September 2006, volume 27, pages 24-53 Bank for International Settlements.
- World Bank, 2012. "Bangladesh - Towards Accelerated, Inclusive and Sustainable Growth : Opportunities and Challenges, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12121, The World Bank.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Working Papers
03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Louinord Voltaire & Abdelhak Nassiri & Denis Bailly & Jean Boncoeur, 2011. "Effet d’une taxe et d’un droit d’entrée sur les consentements à payer des touristes pour de nouvelles réserves naturelles dans le golfe du Morbihan," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 92(2), pages 183-209.
- Singh, Bhupal, 2006. "Worker’s remittances as stable financial flows: some evidence from India," MPRA Paper 22225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tigran A. Melkonyan & David A. Grigorian, 2008. "Microeconomic Implications of Remittances in an Overlapping Generations Model with Altruism and Self-Interest," IMF Working Papers 08/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Giovanni Porzio & Maria Vitale, 2007. "Exploring Nonlinearities in Path Models," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 41(6), pages 937-954, December.
- Kaczmarczyk, Pawel, 2013. "Money for Nothing? Ukrainian Immigrants in Poland and their Remitting Behaviors," IZA Discussion Papers 7666, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jacques Bouhga-Hagbe, 2006. "Altruism and Workersâ€™ Remittances; Evidence from Selected Countries in the Middle East and Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 06/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeffrey A. Edwards & Jennis J. Biser, 2011. "The interactive effect of remittances and civil liberties on investment and consumption," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(1), pages 20-33, April.
- Robert E. B. Lucas, 2005. "Migration internationale vers les pays à haut revenu : quelles conséquences pour le développement économique des pays d'origine ?," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 13(4), pages 123-171.
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irving Fisher Committee, 2007. "Financial aspects of migration: the measurement of remittances, The IFC's contribution to the IAOS Conference, 6-8 September 2006," IFC Bulletins, Bank for International Settlements, number 27, Enero.
- Diego Alberto Sandoval Herrera & María Fernanda Reyes Roa, 2012. "¿Por qué los migrantes envían remesas?: Repaso de las principales motivaciones microeconómicas," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 010036, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Mohammad Bayezid Ali, 2012. "Macroeconomic Factors Influencing Foreign Remittances: The Case of Bangladesh," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(3), pages 217-229, July.
- Delwar Hossain, 2014. "Differential Impacts of Foreign Capital and Remittance Inflows on Domestic Savings in the Developing Countries: A Dynamic Heterogeneous Panel Analysis," Departmental Working Papers 2014-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Hulya Ulku, 2010.
"Remitting Behaviour of Turkish Migrants: Evidence from Household Data in Germany,"
Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series
11510, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Hulya Ulku, 2012. "Remitting Behaviour of Turkish Migrants: Evidence from Household Data in Germany," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(14), pages 3139-3158, November.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2574 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard P.C. Brown & Gareth Leeves, 2007. "Impacts of International Migration and Remittances on Source Country Household Incomes in Small Island States; Fiji and Tonga," Working Papers 07-13, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Amal MIFTAH, 2014. "Why do Migrants remit? An insightful Analysis for Moroccan Case," Working Papers 2013-2014_13, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Apr 2014.
- Amin, Mohammad & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2007. "Migration from Zambia : ensuring temporariness through cooperation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4145, The World Bank.
- Cook, Paul & Kirkpatrick, Colin, 1998. "Labor market adjustment in small open economies: The case of Micronesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 845-855, May.