Determinants of Remittances: Recent Evidence Using Data on Internal Migrants in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Niimi, Yoko & Pham, Thai Hung & Reilly, Barry, 2008. "Determinants of remittances : recent evidence using data on internal migrants in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4586, The World Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dominique van de Walle & Dorothyjean Cratty, 2004.
"Is the emerging non-farm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(2), pages 237-274, June.
- Van der Walle, Dominique & Cratty, Dorothyjean, 2003. "Is the emerging nonfarm market economy the route out of poverty in Vietnam?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2950, The World Bank.
- Becker, Gary S, 1974. "A Theory of Social Interactions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-1093, Nov.-Dec..
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt, 2002.
"Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions,"
benjamin-02-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Loren Brandt & Dwayne Benjamin, 2002. "Agriculture and Income Distribution in Rural Vietnam under Economic Reforms: A Tale of Two Regions," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 519, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Nguyen, Binh T. & Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B. & Westbrook, M. Daniel, 2007.
"A quantile regression decomposition of urban-rural inequality in Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 466-490, July.
- Binh Nguyen & James Albrecht & Susan Vroman & Daniel Westbrook, 2003. "A Quantile Regression Decomposition of Urban-Rural Inequality in Vietnam," Working Papers gueconwpa~03-03-31, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Eugenia Markova & Barry Reilly, 2007. "Bulgarian Migrant Remittances and Legal Status: Some Micro-Level Evidence from Madrid," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 5(1), pages 55-69.
- Cox, Donald & Eser, Zekeriya & Jimenez, Emmanuel, 1998.
"Motives for private transfers over the life cycle: An analytical framework and evidence for Peru,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 57-80, February.
- Donald Cox & Zekeriya Eser & Emmanuel Jimenez, 1996. "Motives for Private Transfers over the Life Cycle: An Analytical Framework and Evidence for Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 327., Boston College Department of Economics.
- John Knight & Lina Song & Jia Huaibin, 1999.
"Chinese rural migrants in urban enterprises: Three perspectives,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 73-104.
- Knight, J & Song, L & Huaibin, J, 1997. "Chinese Rural Migrants in Urban Enterprises : Three Perspectives," Economics Series Working Papers 99190, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Richard Smith & Richard Blundell, 1983. "An Exogeneity Test for the Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model With an Application to Labour Supply," Working Papers 546, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Qiming Liu & Barry Reilly, 2004. "Income transfers of Chinese rural migrants: some empirical evidence from Jinan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(12), pages 1295-1313.
- Smith, Richard J & Blundell, Richard W, 1986. "An Exogeneity Test for a Simultaneous Equation Tobit Model with an Application to Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 679-685, May.
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Flore Gubert, 2002. "Do Migrants Insure Those who Stay Behind? Evidence from the Kayes Area (Western Mali)," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 267-287.
- Giorgio Secondi, 1997. "Private monetary transfers in rural china: Are families altruistic?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 487-511.
- Agarwal, Reena & Horowitz, Andrew W., 2002. "Are International Remittances Altruism or Insurance? Evidence from Guyana Using Multiple-Migrant Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2033-2044, November.
- Dennis Ahlburg & Richard Brown, 1998. "Migrants' intentions to return home and capital transfers: A study of Tongans and Samoans in Australia," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 125-151.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Remittances as insurance: evidence from Mexican immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 227-254, June.
- Brown, Richard P. C., 1997. "Estimating remittance functions for Pacific Island Migrants," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 613-626, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Florence Arestoff & Mélanie Kuhn & El Mouhoub Mouhoud, 2012.
"Transferts de fonds des migrants en Afrique du Sud. Les conditions de départ du pays d'origine sont-elles déterminantes ?,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 63(3), pages 513-522.
- Florence Arestoff & Mélanie Kuhn & El Mouhoub Mouhoud, 2012. "Transferts de fonds des migrants en Afrique du Sud : les conditions de départ du pays d’origine sont-elles déterminantes?," Post-Print hal-01489289, HAL.
- Fukase, Emiko, 2013. "Foreign job opportunities and internal migration in Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6420, The World Bank.
- Quang Nguyen & Marie Claire Villeval & Hui Xu, 2012.
"Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A field experiment in Vietnam,"
- Quang Nguyen & Marie Claire Villeval & Hui Xu, 2016. "Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A field experiment in Vietnam," Post-Print halshs-01182752, HAL.
- Quang Nguyen & Marie-Claire Villeval & Hui Xu, 2012. "Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A field experiment in Vietnam," Working Papers 1226, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Nguyen, Quang & Villeval, Marie Claire & Xu, Hui, 2012. "Trust and Trustworthiness under the Prospect Theory: A Field Experiment in Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 6851, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coxhead, Ian & Vu, Linh & Nguyen, Cuong, 2016. "Migration in Vietnam: New Evidence from Recent Surveys," MPRA Paper 70217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yaw Nyarko & Kwabena Gyimah-Brempon, 2011.
"Social Safety Nets: The Role of Education, Remittances and Migration,"
RSCAS Working Papers
2011/26, European University Institute.
- Yaw Nyarko and Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong, 2011. "Social Safety Nets: The Role of Education, Remittances and Migration," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 26, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hagen-Zanker, Jessica, 2010. "Modest expectations: Causes and effects of migration on migrant households in source countries," MPRA Paper 29507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emiko Fukase, 2014. "Job Opportunities in Foreign Firms and Internal Migration in Vietnam," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 279-299, September.
- Chang, Hongqin & Dong, Xiao-yuan & MacPhail, Fiona, 2011.
"Labor Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-behind Children and Elderly in Rural China,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2199-2210.
- Hongqin Chang & Xiao-yuan Dong & Fiona MacPhail, 2010. "Labour Migration and Time Use Patterns of the Left-Behind Children and Elderly in Rural China," Departmental Working Papers 2010-05, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
- Nguyen, Cuong & van den Berg, Marrit & Lensink, Robert, 2009. "The Impact of International Remittances on Income, Work Efforts, Poverty and Inequality: Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 50313, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:izamig:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40176-017-0089-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Nguyen, Loc Duc & Raabe, Katharina & Grote, Ulrike, 2015. "Rural–Urban Migration, Household Vulnerability, and Welfare in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 79-93.
- Phan, Diep & Coxhead, Ian, 2016. "Rural-Urban Migration and Remittances in Vietnam Evidence from Migrant Tracer Data," Staff Paper Series 581, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:asiaec:v:23:y:2009:i:1:p:19-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.