Impacts of International Migration and Remittances on Source Country Household Incomes in Small Island States; Fiji and Tonga
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2002.
"Herd Effects or Migration Networks? The Location Choice of Mexican Immigrants in the U.S,"
IZA Discussion Papers
551, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Epstein, Gil S & Gang, Ira, 2002. "Herd Effects or Migration Networks? The Location Choice of Mexican Immigrants in the US," CEPR Discussion Papers 3505, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ira N. Gang & Thomas Bauer & Gil S. Epstein, 2002. "Herd Effects or Migration Networks? The Location Choice of Mexican Immigrants in the U.S," Departmental Working Papers 200216, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Richard P. C. Brown, 1998. "Comparative labor market performance of visaed and non-visaed migrants: Pacific islanders in Sydney," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 11(3), pages 395-411.
- Richard P.C. Brown & Eliana Jimenez, 2008.
"Estimating the net effects of migration and remittances on poverty and inequality: comparison of Fiji and Tonga,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 547-571.
- Brown, Richard P.C. & Jimenez, Eliana, 2007. "Estimating the Net Effects of Migration and Remittances on Poverty and Inequality: Comparison of Fiji and Tonga," WIDER Working Paper Series 023, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1992.
"Remittances and inequality reconsidered: Direct, indirect, and intertemporal effects,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 187-208, April.
- Taylor, J. Edward, 1991. "Remittances And Inequality Reconsidered; Direct, Indirect, And Intertemporal Effects," Working Papers 225864, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Hendrik Dalen & George Groenewold & Jeannette Schoorl, 2005.
"Out of Africa: what drives the pressure to emigrate?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 741-778, November.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & George Groenewold & Jeanette J. Schoorl, 2003. "Out of Africa: What drives the Pressure to emigrate?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-059/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Brown, Richard P. C., 1997. "Estimating remittance functions for Pacific Island Migrants," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 613-626, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ecanth:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:65-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- David McKenzie & John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2007.
"Moving to opportunity, leaving behind what? Evaluating the initial effects of a migration policy on incomes and poverty in source areas,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 197-223.
- David McKenzie & John Gibson & Steven Stillman, 2007. "Moving to Opportunity, Leaving Behind What? Evaluating the Initial Effects of a Migration Policy on Incomes and Poverty in Source Areas," Working Papers in Economics 07/23, University of Waikato.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Steven Stillman, 2011.
"The Impacts of International Migration on Remaining Household Members: Omnibus Results from a Migration Lottery Program,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1297-1318, November.
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Stillman, Steven, 2009. "The Impacts of International Migration on Remaining Household Members: Omnibus Results from a Migration Lottery Program," IZA Discussion Papers 4375, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gibson, John & McKenzie, David & Stillman, Steven, 2009. "The impacts of international migration on remaining household members : omnibus results from a migration lottery program," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4956, The World Bank.
- John Gibson & David McKenzie & Steven Stillman, 2009. "The Impacts of International Migration on Remaining Household Members: Omnibus Results from a Migration Lottery Program," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0920, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Marco Stampini & Benjamin Davis, 2009. "Does nonagricultural labor relax farmers' credit constraints? Evidence from longitudinal data for Vietnam," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 177-188, March.
- Ronald Ravinesh Kumar & Ronald Vijay Naidu & Radika Kumar, 2011. "Exploring the Nexus between Trade, Visitor Arrivals, Remittances and Income in the Pacific: a Study of Vanuatu," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 4(4), pages 199-218, August.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2011. "Seasonal Migration and Risk Aversion," Working Papers id:4650, eSocialSciences.
- Jadotte, Evans & Ramos, Xavier, 2015. "The Effect of Remittances on Labour Supply in the Republic of Haiti," IZA Discussion Papers 9541, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; remittances; agricultural and non-agricultural income sources; Fiji; Tonga.;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-09-09 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2007-09-09 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fao:wpaper:0713. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gustavo Anríquez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faoooit.html .