Citations for "Can family caregiving substitute for nursing home care?"
by Charles, Kerwin Kofi & Sevak, Purvi
- Michele Wilson & Courtney Houtven & Sally Stearns & Elizabeth Clipp, 2007. "Depression and Missed Work among Informal Caregivers of Older Individuals with Dementia," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 684-698, December.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013.
"Do Spanish informal caregivers come to the rescue of dependent people with formal care unmet needs?,"
Economics Working Papers
1366, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jul 2014.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013. "Do Spanish informal caregivers come to the rescue of dependent people with formal care unmet needs?," Working Papers 2013-21, FEDEA.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013. "Do Spanish Informal Caregivers Come to the Rescue of Dependent People with Formal Care Unmet Needs?," Working Papers 693, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20070031 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evelyn Korn & Matthias Wrede, 2012. "The effect of long term subsidies on female labor supply and fertility," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201243, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- France Weaver & Sally C. Stearns & Edward C. Norton & William Spector, 2009. "Proximity to death and participation in the long-term care market," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 867-883.
- Gopi Shah Goda & John B. Shoven & Sita Nataraj Slavov, 2011.
"Does Widowhood Explain Gender Differences in Out-of-Pocket Medical Spending Among the Elderly?,"
NBER Working Papers
17440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goda, Gopi Shah & Shoven, John B. & Slavov, Sita Nataraj, 2013. "Does widowhood explain gender differences in out-of-pocket medical spending among the elderly?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 647-658.
- Norma B. Coe & Courtney Harold Van Houtven, 2009.
"Caring for mom and neglecting yourself? The health effects of caring for an elderly parent,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(9), pages 991-1010.
- Coe, N.B. & Van Houtven, C.H., 2008. "Caring for Mom and Neglecting Yourself? The Health Effects of Caring for an Elderly Parent," Discussion Paper 2008-89, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goltz, Andreas & Arnault, Louis, 2013. "How would informal caregivers react to an increase in formal home-care use by their elderly dependent relatives in France?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11722, Paris Dauphine University.
- Max Groneck & Frederic Krehl, 2014. "Bequests and Informal Long-Term Care: Evidence from the HRS Exit Interviews," Working Paper Series in Economics 79, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- Goltz, Andreas & Arnault, Louis, 2014. "Can formal home care reduce the burden of informal care for elderly dependents? Evidence from France," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/13164, Paris Dauphine University.
- Adam Pilny & Magdalena A. Stroka, 2014. "Choice of Received Long-term Care – Individual Responses to Regional Nursing Home Provisions," Ruhr Economic Papers 0525, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Kuhn, Michael & Nuscheler, Robert, 2011. "Optimal public provision of nursing homes and the role of information," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 795-810, July.
- Arnault, Louis & Goltz, Andreas & Wittwer, Jérôme, 2011. "Micro-econometric analysis of care for the dependent elderly in France : How do formal and informal care interact ?," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/9534, Paris Dauphine University.
- Emmanouil Mentzakis & Paul McNamee & Mandy Ryan, 2009.
"Who cares and how much: exploring the determinants of co-residential informal care,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 283-303, September.
- Emmanouil Mentzakis & Paul McNamee & Mandy Ryan, 2009. "Who cares and how much: exploring the determinants of co-residential informal care," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 305-305, September.
- Jacobs, Josephine C. & Lilly, Meredith B. & Ng, Carita & Coyte, Peter C., 2013. "The fiscal impact of informal caregiving to home care recipients in Canada: How the intensity of care influences costs and benefits to government," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 102-109.
- Gary V. Engelhardt & Nadia Greenhalgh-Stanley, 2008. "Public Long-Term Care Insurance and the Housing and Living Arrangements of the Elderly: Evidence from Medicare Home Health Benefits," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2008-15, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2008.
- K. Bolin & B. Lindgren & P. Lundborg, 2008. "Informal and formal care among single-living elderly in Europe," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 393-409.
- Rolden, Herbert J.A. & van Bodegom, David & Westendorp, Rudi G.J., 2014. "Variation in the costs of dying and the role of different health services, socio-demographic characteristics, and preceding health care expenses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 110-117.
- Arnaulty, Louis & Goltzy, Andreas, 2012. "A micro-econometric analysis of care for the dependent elderly living at home in France: Is there a crowding-out effect of informal caregivers when an elderly dependent receives professional home care," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10723, Paris Dauphine University.
- Courtney van Houtven & Edward Norton, 2006. "Economic Effects of Informal Care," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(V), pages 13-22.
- Eric Bonsang, 2008.
"Does Informal Care from Children to their Elderly Parents Substitute for Formal Care in Europe?,"
CREPP Working Papers
0801, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Bonsang, Eric, 2009. "Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 143-154, January.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2007031 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engelhardt, Gary V. & Greenhalgh-Stanley, Nadia, 2010. "Home health care and the housing and living arrangements of the elderly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 226-238, March.
- Adriaan Kalwij & Giacomo Pasini & Mingqin Wu, 2014. "Home care for the elderly: the role of relatives, friends and neighbors," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 379-404, June.
- Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C., 2008. "Informal care and Medicare expenditures: Testing for heterogeneous treatment effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 134-156, January.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Cristina Vilaplana Prieto, 2013. "Informal Care and intergenerational transfers in European Countries," Working Papers 2013-25, FEDEA.
- Lee, M-J; & Kim, Y-S.;, 2011. "Effects of Informal Family Care on Formal Health Care: Zero-Inflated Endogenous Count for Censored Response," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/10, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Thomas Barnay & Sandrine Juin, 2014. "Does care to dependent elderly people living at home increase their mental health?," TEPP Working Paper 2014-06, TEPP.
- Evelyn Korn & Matthias Wrede, 2012. "The Effect of Long-Term-Care Subsidies on Female Labor Supply and Fertility," CESifo Working Paper Series 3931, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nuscheler, Robert & Roeder, Kerstin, 2013.
"The political economy of long-term care,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 154-173.