Citations for "Alternative Approaches to Analyzing Economic Data"
by Friedman, Milton & Schwartz, Anna J
- Christou, Costas & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tavlas, George S., 1996. "Modelling optimal strategies for the allocation of wealth in multicurrency investments," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 483-493, December.
- Faust, Jon & Whiteman, Charles H., 1997.
"General-to-specific procedures for fitting a data-admissible, theory-inspired, congruent, parsimonious, encompassing, weakly-exogenous, identified, structural model to the DGP: A translation and criti,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 121-161, December.
- John Faust & Charles H. Whiteman, 1997. "General-to-specific procedures for fitting a data-admissible, theory- inspired, congruent, parsimonious, encompassing, weakly-exogenous, identified, structural model to the DGP: a translation and crit," International Finance Discussion Papers 576, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Robert L. Hetzel, 2013. "ECB monetary policy in the recession: a New Keynesian (old monetarist) critique," Working Paper 13-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Neil R. Ericsson, David F. Hendry & Kevin M. Prestiwch, . "The UK Demand for Broad Money over the Long run," Economics Papers W29, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- James R. Lothian & Cornelia H. McCarthy, 2003.
"The Behavior of Money and Other Economic Variables: Two Natural Experiments,"
- Lothian, James R. & McCarthy, Cornelia H., 2009. "The behavior of money and other economic variables: Two natural experiments," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1204-1220, November.
- Piyu Yue, 1991. "A microeconomic approach to estimating demand: the asymptotically ideal model," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 36-51.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:199431 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hsiao, Cheng & Sun, Bao-Hong, 1998. "Modeling survey response bias - with an analysis of the demand for an advanced electronic device," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 15-39, November.
- Rup Singh & Saten Kumar, 2012.
"Application of the alternative techniques to estimate demand for money in developing countries,"
Journal of Developing Areas,
Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 46(2), pages 43-63, July-Dece.
- Singh, Rup & Kumar, Saten, 2007. "Application of the Alternative Techniques to Estimate Demand for Money in Developing Countries," MPRA Paper 19295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kevin S. Nell, 1999. "The Relation Between Money, Income and Prices in South Africa," Studies in Economics 9909, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Godwin Nwaobi, 2002.
"A vector error correction and nonnested modeling of money demand function in Nigeria,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(4), pages 1-8.
- Godwin Nwaobi, 2001. "A Vector Error Correction And Nonnested Modelling Of Money Demand Function In Nigeria," Econometrics 0111004, EconWPA.
- Hetzel, Robert L., 2013. "The Monetarist-Keynesian Debate and the Phillips Curve: Lessons from the Great Inflation," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 2Q, pages 83-116.
- Swamy, P.A.V.B. & Mehta, Jatinder S. & Chang, I-Lok & Zimmerman, T.S., 2009. "An efficient method of estimating the true value of a population characteristic from its discrepant estimates," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2378-2389, April.
- Cebula, Richard & Koch, James & Unemori, Mary, 2006. "An Empirical Analysis of Identity Theft Determinants in the U.S," MPRA Paper 57516, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tavlas, George S., 2001. "Modelling the long-run demand for money in the United Kingdom: a random coefficient analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 475-501, August.
- George S. Tavlas, 2015.
"In Old Chicago: Simons, Friedman, and the Development of Monetary‐Policy Rules,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(1), pages 99-121, 02.
- George S. Tavlas, 2014. "In old Chicago: Simons, Friedman and the development of monetary-policy rules," Working Papers 177, Bank of Greece.
- George Tavlas, 2014. "In Old Chicago: Simons, Friedman and the Development of Monetary-Policy Rules," Working Papers 2014-002, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- James Boughton, 1992. "International comparisons of money demand," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 323-343, October.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2002.
"Aggregate vs Disaggregate Data Analysis - A Paradox in the Estimation of Money Demand Function of Japan Under the Low Interest Rate Policy,"
10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002
A4-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Yan Shen & Cheng Hsiao & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2005. "Aggregate vs. disaggregate data analysis-a paradox in the estimation of a money demand function of Japan under the low interest rate policy," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(5), pages 579-601.
- Cheng Hsiao & Yan Shen & Hiroshi Fujiki, 2004. "Aggregate vs Disaggregate Data Analysis — A Paradox in the Estimation of a Money Demand Function of Japan Under the Low Interest Rate Policy," IEPR Working Papers 04.1, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- John Leusner & Jalal D. Akhavein & P.A.V.B. Swamy, 1996. "Solving an empirical puzzle in the capital asset pricing model," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-14, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Keuzenkamp, Hugo A. & Magnus, Jan R., 1995.
"On tests and significance in econometrics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 5-24, May.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chen, Pei-Fen & Chang, Chun-Ping, 2007. "Testing linearity in a cointegrating STR model for the money demand function: International evidence from G-7 countries," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 76(4), pages 293-302.
- P. Swamy & I-Lok Chang & Jatinder Mehta & George Tavlas, 2003. "Correcting for Omitted-Variable and Measurement-Error Bias in Autoregressive Model Estimation with Panel Data," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 22(2), pages 225-253, October.
- Christou, Costas & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Tavlas, George S., 1998. "A general framework for predicting returns from multiple currency investments," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 977-1000, May.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 1998. "Money demand in Jamaica: Evidence from cointegration, error correction modelling, and exogeneity," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 33-43.
- Stephen G Hall & George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2008.
"A Portfolio Balance Approach to Euro-Area Money Demand in a Time-Varying Environment,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
08/9, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Stephen G.Hall & George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2007. "A Portofolio Balance Approach to Euro-Area Money Demand in a Time-Varying Environment," Working Papers 61, Bank of Greece.
- Buongiorno, Joseph, 1996. "Forest sector modeling: a synthesis of econometrics, mathematical programming, and system dynamics methods," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 329-343, September.
- Peter N. Ireland, 1991. "Financial evolution and the long-run behavior of velocity : new evidence from U.S. regional data," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Nov, pages 16-26.
- Elmer Cuba & Rafael Herrada, 1995. "Demanda de Dinero, Inflación y Política Monetaria en el Perú: 1991-1994," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 32(97), pages 347-378.
- Hall, Stephen G. & Hondroyiannis, George & Swamy, P.A.V.B. & Tavlas, George S., 2009. "Assessing the causal relationship between euro-area money and prices in a time-varying environment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 760-766, July.
- Jerome Fahrer & Justin Myatt, 1991. "Inflation in Australia: Causes, Inertia and Policy," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp9105, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Lothian, James R. & Pownall, Rachel A.J. & Koedijk, Kees G., 2013. "I discovered the peso problem: Irving Fisher and the UIP puzzle," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 5-17.
- Campbell-Pownall, R.A.J. & Koedijk, C.G. & Lothian, J.R. & Mahieu, R.J., 2007. "Irving Fisher and the UIP Puzzle: Meeting the Expectations a Century Later," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-088-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- B Bhaskara Rao & Rup Singh, 2005. "A Cointegration And Error Correction Approach To Demand For Money In Fiji: 1971-2002," Macroeconomics 0511012, EconWPA.
- James Koch, 2006. "Public Investment in University Distance Learning Programs: Some Performance-Based Evidence," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Mirowski, Philip, 1995. "Three ways to think about testing in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-46, May.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P.A.V.B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003.
"Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece,"
01, Bank of Greece.
- Sophocles N. Brissimis & George Hondroyiannis & P. A. V. B. Swamy & George S. Tavlas, 2003. "Empirical Modelling of Money Demand in Periods of Structural Change: The Case of Greece," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 605-628, December.
- Pelloni, Gianluigi, 1996. "De Finetti, Friedman, and the methodology of positive economics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 33-50, November.