Liberalization, democracy and economic performance during transition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brainerd, Elizabeth, 1998. "Winners and Losers in Russia's Economic Transition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1094-1116, December.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2000.
"Political support for reforms: Economics of voting in transition countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1491-1513, August.
- Fidrmuc, J., 1998. "Political Support for Reforms : Economics of Voting in Transition Countries," Discussion Paper 1998-98, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1993.
"Output Collapse in Eastern Europe: The Role of Credit,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 32-52, March.
- Guillermo Calvo & Fabrizio Coricelli, 1992. "Output Collapse in Eastern Europe; The Role of Credit," IMF Working Papers 92/64, International Monetary Fund.
- Nauro Campos, 1999.
"Back to the Future: The Growth Prospects of Transition Economies Reconsidered,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
229, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Campos, Nauro F., 2000. "Back to the future: The growth prospects of transition economies reconsidered," ZEI Working Papers B 13-2000, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Campos, Nauro F, 2000. "Back to the Future: the Growth Prospects of Transition Economies Reconsidered," CEPR Discussion Papers 2654, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nauro F. Campos, 1999. "Back to the Future: The Growth Prospects of Transition Economies Reconsidered," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp146, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1991. "Stabilization and Liberalization Policies in Central and Eastern Europe: Lessons From Latin America," NBER Working Papers 3816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dethier, Jean-Jacques*Ghanem, Hafez*Zoli, Edda, 1999. "Does democracy facilitate the economic transition : an empirical study of Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2194, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nauro F. Campos & Abrizio Coricelli, 2002.
"Growth in Transition: What We Know, What We Don't, and What We Should,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-836, September.
- Nauro F. Campos & Fabrizio Coricelli, 2002. "Growth in Transition: What We Know, What We Don't, and What We Should," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 470, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Campos, Nauro F & Coricelli, Fabrizio, 2002. "Growth in Transition: What we Know, What we Don't and What we Should," CEPR Discussion Papers 3246, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Madeeha Gohar Qureshi & Eatzaz Ahmed, 2012. "The Inter-linkages between Democracy and Per Capita GDP Growth: A Cross Country Analysis," PIDE-Working Papers 2012:85, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- de Haan, Jakob & Sturm, Jan-Egbert, 2003. "Does more democracy lead to greater economic freedom? New evidence for developing countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 547-563, September.
- Lundström, Susanna, 2002. "Decomposed Effects of Democracy on Economic Freedom," Working Papers in Economics 74, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Freytag, 2002. "Accession to EMU and exchange rate policies in Central Europe - decision under institutional constraints," Bank of Estonia Working Papers 2002-1, Bank of Estonia, revised 12 Oct 2002.
- Bernd Hayo, 2001. "On Democratization and Economic Conditions in Eastern Europe," Development and Comp Systems 0106001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDemocracy; Economic Liberalization; Economic Performance; voting;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P26 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Political Economy
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zeiwps:b052000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zeibnde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.