The effect of occupation-specific brain drain on human capital
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Di Maria, Corrado & Lazarova, Emiliya A., 2012.
"Migration, Human Capital Formation, and Growth: An Empirical Investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 938-955.
- Corrado Di Maria & Emiliya Lazarova, 2010. "Migration, Human Capital Formation and Growth: an Empirical Investigation," Economics Working Papers 10-03, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- Faini, Riccardo, 2004. "Trade Liberalization in a Globalizing World," CEPR Discussion Papers 4665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Belmiro Cabrito & Luisa Cerdeira & Maria de Lourdes Machado-Taylor & José Tomás Patrocínio & Rui Brites & Rui Gomes & João Teixeira Lopes & Henrique Vaz & Paulo Peixoto & Dulce Magalhães & Silvia Mart, 2014. "The brain drain in Portugal: some explanatory reasons," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 9,in: Adela García Aracil & Isabel Neira Gómez (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 9, edition 1, volume 9, chapter 43, pages 831-846 Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational migration; Occupation-specific brain drain; Human capital; Transferability of skills; Beneficial brain drain;
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2011-05-14 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2011-05-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2011-05-14 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuewef:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wftuede.html .