A Dynamic Model of Union Behaviour. The Role of an Endogenous Outside Option and Bargaining Centralisation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Svejnar, Jan, 1986.
"Bargaining Power, Fear of Disagreement, and Wage Settlements: Theory and Evidence from U.S. Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1055-1078, September.
- Svejnar, J., 1984. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers 1984037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SVEJNAR, Jan, 1986. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement, and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 720, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jones, Stephen R. G., 1987. "Union membership and employment dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 197-200.
- Booth,Alison L., 1994. "The Economics of the Trade Union," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521468398, March.
- Ian M. McDonald & Robert M. Solow, 1985. "Wages and Employment in a Segmented Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1115-1141.
- Fuest, Clemens & Thum, Marcel, 2001.
"Immigration and skill formation in unionised labour markets,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 557-573, September.
- Clemens Fuest & Marcel Thum, 1999. "Immigration and Skill Formation in Unionised Labour Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 214, CESifo Group Munich.
- Blackorby, Charles & Bossert, Walter & Donaldson, David, 1995.
"Intertemporal Population Ethics: Critical-Level Utilitarian Principles,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(6), pages 1303-1320, November.
- Charles Blackorby & Walter Bossert & David Donaldson, 1995. "Intertemporal Population Ethics: Critical-Level Utilitarian Principles," CESifo Working Paper Series 86, CESifo Group Munich.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong & Chang, Wen-ya, 1998. "A Dynamic Model of Union Membership and Employment: A Comment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 145-151, February.
- Marcus Dittrich, 2008. "Union wage setting in a dual labour market: the role of centralisation," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 461-470.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Kidd, David P & Oswald, Andrew J, 1987. "A Dynamic Model of Trade Union Behaviour," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(215), pages 355-365, August.
- Chang, Juin-jen & Lai, Ching-chong, 1997. "Union membership and employment dynamics with endogenous union density," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 119-125, November.
- Thomas Beissinger & Hartmut Egger, 2004.
"Dynamic wage bargaining if benefits are tied to individual wages,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 437-460, July.
- Beissinger, Thomas & Egger, Hartmut, 2001. "Dynamic Wage Bargaining if Benefits are Tied to Individual Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 389, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jones, Stephen R G & McKenna, C J, 1994. "A Dynamic Model of Union Membership and Employment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 179-189, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dittrich, Marcus, 2006. "Welfare Effects of Union Bargaining Centralisation in a Two-Sector Economy," MPRA Paper 11, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2006.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic wage bargaining; unions; dual labour market; endogenous outside option; endogenous membership;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C78 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Bargaining Theory; Matching Theory
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuddps:0706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pltudde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.