Practicing catching-up: A comparison of development models of East Asian and Central-Eastern European countries
This article makes an attempt to compare the development patterns of the economies of the East Asian and Central and Eastern European (CEE) regions, which have been the fastest in catching up on the global arena. It observes both the internal fea-tures of the economies and economic policies and the parameters characterising their relation with the international background (openness, integration).The statistical materials used have been taken mostly from the World Economic Forum competi-tiveness reports and from the WB and IMF sources, while the descriptions of eco-nomic policy and its dynamic are based on materials concerning the regions under discussion and their individual countries. The goal of the article is not to reach con-clusions characterising the behaviour of the economies of the entire East Asian or CEE regions, but the economic development models, specific features, development and performing of countries, which have displayed top performance in either region and have reached the level of developed economies.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hugo Pinto & Tiago Santos Pereira, 2013. "Efficiency of Innovation Systems in Europe: An Institutional Approach to the Diversity of National Profiles," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(6), pages 755-779, June.
- Hermes, Niels, 1997. "New explanations of the economic success of East Asia : lessons for developing and Eastern European countries," CDS Research Reports 199703, University of Groningen, Centre for Development Studies (CDS).
- Pascha, Werner, 2004. "Economic Integration in East Asia and Europe: A Comparison," Duisburg Working Papers on East Asian Economic Studies 68, University Duisburg-Essen, Asia-Pacific Economic Research Institute (FIP).
- Amable, Bruno, 2003. "The Diversity of Modern Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261147.
- repec:dgr:rugcds:199703 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:opodis:201402. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.