Bringing power back in: A review of the literature on the role of business in welfare state politics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne Daguerre, 2014. "New corporate elites and the erosion of the Keynesian social compact," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 28(2), pages 323-334, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:85:y:1991:i:03:p:851-874_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garrett, Geoffrey, 1998. "Global Markets and National Politics: Collision Course or Virtuous Circle?," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(04), pages 787-824, September.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:04:p:593-611_04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mares, Isabela, 1997. "Is Unemployment Insurable? Employers and the Development of Unemployment Insurance," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 299-327, September.
- Keith Dowding, 2003. "Resources, Power and Systematic Luck: A Response to Barry," Politics, Philosophy & Economics, , vol. 2(3), pages 305-322, October.
- Speth, Rudolf, 2004. "Die politischen Strategien der Initiative neue soziale Marktwirtschaft," Arbeitspapiere 96, Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, Düsseldorf.
- Patrick Bernhagen & Thomas Bräuninger, 2005. "Structural Power and Public Policy: A Signaling Model of Business Lobbying in Democratic Capitalism," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 53, pages 43-64, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:04:p:898-913_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wood, Stewart, 1997. "Weakening codetermination? Works council reform in West Germany in the 1980s," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economic Change and Employment FS I 97-302, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Vogel, David, 1983. "The Power of Business in America: A Re-appraisal," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 19-43, January.
- Stephen Bell & Andrew Hindmoor, 2014. "The Structural Power of Business and the Power of Ideas: The Strange Case of the Australian Mining Tax," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 470-486, May.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:56:y:1962:i:04:p:947-952_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Israel Marques, 2014. "Firms And Social Policy In The Post-Communist Bloc: Evidence From Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 87/EC/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:76:y:1982:i:02:p:215-238_18 is not listed on IDEAS
- ANNETTE Van Den BERG & YOLANDA GRIFT & ARJEN Van WITTELOOSTUIJN, 2011. "Managerial Perceptions of Works Councils’ Effectiveness in the Netherlands," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 497-513, July.
- Frieden, Jeff, 1988. "Sectoral conflict and foreign economic policy, 1914–1940," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(01), pages 59-90, December.
- Brian Barry, 2002. "Capitalists Rule Ok? Some Puzzles About Power," Politics, Philosophy & Economics, , vol. 1(2), pages 155-184, June.
- Reckendrees, Alfred, 2014. "Why did early industrial capitalists suggest minimum wages and social insurance?," MPRA Paper 55520, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berkowitz, Edward & McQuaid, Kim, 1978. "Businessman and Bureaucrat: The Evolution of the American Social Welfare System, 1900–1940," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 120-142, March.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:86:y:1992:i:01:p:38-54_08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Wilks, 2013. "The Political Power of the Business Corporation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14186.
- Pepper D. Culpepper & Raphael Reinke, 2014. "Structural Power and Bank Bailouts in the United Kingdom and the United States," Politics & Society, , vol. 42(4), pages 427-454, December.
- Ferguson, Thomas, 1984. "From Normalcy to New Deal: industrial structure, party competition, and American public policy in the Great Depression," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 41-94, December.
- Vogel, David, 1987. "Political Science and the Study of Corporate Power: A Dissent from the New Conventional Wisdom," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(04), pages 385-408, October.
- Jacob S. Hacker & Paul Pierson, 2002. "Business Power and Social Policy: Employers and the Formation of the American Welfare State," Politics & Society, , vol. 30(2), pages 277-325, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Help or Hindrance? Business and Welfare Policy Formation
by crowleymarkj in NEP-HIS blog on 2015-05-05 15:03:07
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2015-04-19 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2015-04-19 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:mpifgd:153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mpigfde.html .