A case study on trade liberalization: Argentina in the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne O. Krueger, 1983. "Trade and Employment in Developing Countries, Volume 3: Synthesis and Conclusions," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number krue83-1.
- Meza, Felipe & Urrutia, Carlos, 2011.
"Financial liberalization, structural change, and real exchange rate appreciations,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 317-328.
- Felipe Meza & Carlos Urrutia, 2010. "Financial Liberalization, Structural Change, and Real Exchange Rate Appreciations," IMF Working Papers 10/63, International Monetary Fund.
- Larch Mario & Lechthaler Wolfgang, 2011.
"Comparative Advantage and Skill-Specific Unemployment,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-58, April.
- Larch, Mario & Lechthaler, Wolfgang, 2009. "Comparative advantage and skill-specific unemployment," Kiel Working Papers 1538, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Mario Larch & Wolfgang Lechthaler, 2009. "Comparative Advantage and Skill-Specific Unemployment," CESifo Working Paper Series 2754, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:ilo:empstr:2005-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2011.
"Trade and unemployment: What do the data say?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 741-758, August.
- Gabriel J Felbermayr & Julien Prat & Hans-Jörg Schmerer, 2009. "Trade and Unemployment: What do the data say?," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 310/2009, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2011. "Trade and unemployment: What do the data say?," Munich Reprints in Economics 20381, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Felbermayr, Gabriel & Prat, Julien & Schmerer, Hans-Jörg, 2009. "Trade and Unemployment: What Do the Data Say?," IZA Discussion Papers 4184, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ben Kriechel & Gerard Pfann, 2005. "The role of specific and general human capital after displacement," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 223-236.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dutt, Pushan & Mitra, Devashish & Ranjan, Priya, 2009.
"International trade and unemployment: Theory and cross-national evidence,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 32-44, June.
- Pushan Dutt & Devashish Mitra & Priya Ranjan, 2007. "International Trade and Unemployment: Theory and Cross-National Evidence," Working Papers 070808, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Dubra, Juan & Echenique, Federico & Manelli, Alejandro M., 2009.
"English auctions and the Stolper-Samuelson theorem,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 825-849, March.
- Dubra, Juan & Echenique, Federico & Manelli, Alejandro, 2007. "English auctions and the Stolper-Samuelson theorem," MPRA Paper 8218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Werner Baer & Pedro Elosegui & Andres Gallo, 2002. "The Achievements and Failures of Argentina's Neo-liberal Economic Policies," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 63-85.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Mariana Marchionni & Walter Sosa Escudero, 2000. "Characterization of inequality changes through microeconometric decompositions. The case of Greater Buenos Aires," Department of Economics, Working Papers 025, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America," MPRA Paper 13843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariano Tommasi & Andres Velasco, 1996.
"Where are we in the political economy of reform?,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 187-238.
- Mariano Tommasi & Andres Velasco, 1995. "Where Are We in the Political Economy of Reform?," Working Papers 11, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Apr 1996.
- Tommasi, Mariano & Velasco, Andres, 1995. "Where are we in the Political Economy of Reform?," Working Papers 95-20, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Mariano Tommasi, 1995. "Where are we in the Political Economy of Reform?," UCLA Economics Working Papers 733, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Victor A. Beker & Guillermo J. Escude, 2008. "Vida, pasión y muerte de la convertibilidad en Argentina," Estudios Economicos, Universidad Nacional del Sur, Departamento de Economia, vol. 25(50), pages 1-36, January-j.
- Carlos Arteta & Barry Eichengreen & Charles Wyplosz, 2001.
"When Does Capital Account Liberalization Help More than It Hurts?,"
NBER Working Papers
8414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arteta, Carlos & Eichengreen, Barry & Wyplosz, Charles, 2001. "When Does Capital Account Liberalization Help More Than it Hurts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Donald R. Davis, 1996. "Trade Liberalization and Income Distribution," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1769, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián & Wasmer, Etienne, 2011.
"Are specific skills an obstacle to labor market adjustment?,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 240-256, April.
- Lamo, Ana & Messina, Julián & Wasmer, Etienne, 2010. "Are Specific Skills an Obstacle to Labor Market Adjustment?," IZA Discussion Papers 5250, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Galiani, Sebastian & Sanguinetti, Pablo, 2003.
"The impact of trade liberalization on wage inequality: evidence from Argentina,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 497-513, December.
- Sebastian Galiani & Pablo Sanguinetti, 2003. "The Impact of Trade Liberalization on Wage Inequality: Evidence from Argentina," Working Papers 65, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Oct 2003.
- Pabo Sanguinetti & Sebastian Galiani, 2003. "The impact of trade liberalizationon wage inequality:Evidence from Argentina," Department of Economics Working Papers 011, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Dimitri B. Papadimitriou, 2008. "Promoting Equality Through an Employment of Last Resort Policy," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_545, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalization; unemployment; skilled labor; inequality;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-01-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2012-01-25 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:20123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.