Does financial integration make banks act more prudential? Regulation, foreign owned banks, and the lender-of-last resort
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Berger, Helge & Hefeker, Carsten, 2006. "Does Financial Integration Make Banks Act More Prudential? Regulation, Foreign Owned Banks, and the Lender-of-Last Resort," HWWA Discussion Papers 339, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2005.
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(si), pages 1-6.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Tito Cordella, 2004. "Country Insurance," IMF Working Papers 04/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2004. "Country Insurance," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 290, Econometric Society.
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 2004. "Country Insurance," Business School Working Papers countryinsurance, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Tito Cordella, 2004. "Country Insurance," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 136, Econometric Society.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Hartmann, Philipp, 2000. "Systemic risk: A survey," Working Paper Series 35, European Central Bank.
- Dirk Schoenmaker & Sander Oosterloo, 2005.
"Financial Supervision in an Integrating Europe: Measuring Cross‐Border Externalities,"
International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Sander Osterloo & Dirk Schoenmaker, 2004. "Financial Supervision in an Integrating Europe: Measuring Cross-Border Externalities," FMG Special Papers sp156, Financial Markets Group.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 24(Win), pages 14-23.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Restructuring Financial Regulation in the European Monetary Union," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 19(1), pages 57-82, February.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Loranth, Gyongyi, 2011.
"Regulation of multinational banks: A theoretical inquiry,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 178-198, April.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Lóránth, Gyöngyi, 2004. "Regulation of Multinational banks: A Theoretical Inquiry," CEPR Discussion Papers 4232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Loranth, Gyongyi, 2005. "Regulation of multinational banks: a theoretical inquiry," Working Paper Series 431, European Central Bank.
- Freixas, Xavier & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Parigi, Bruno M., 2003.
"The lender of last resort: a 21st century approach,"
Working Paper Series
298, European Central Bank.
- Xavier Freixas & Bruno M. Parigi & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2003. "The lender of last resort: A 21st Century approach," Economics Working Papers 708, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Freixas, Xavier & Parigi, Bruno M. & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2003. "The Lender of Last Resort: A 21th Century Approach," IDEI Working Papers 215, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Charles A. E. Goodhart & Haizhou Huang, 1999. "A model of the lender of last resort," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu & Gudrun Johnsen & Paul Louis Ceriel Hilbers & Inci Ötker, 2005. "Assessing and Managing Rapid Credit Growth and the Role of Supervisory and Prudential Policies," IMF Working Papers 05/151, International Monetary Fund.
- Lieven Baele & Annalisa Ferrando & Peter Hördahl & Elizaveta Krylova & Cyril Monnet, 2004. "Measuring financial integration in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 14, European Central Bank.
- Prati, A. & Schinasi, G.J., 1999. "Financial Stability in European Economic and Monetary Union," Princeton Studies in International Economics 86, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Cornelia Holthausen & Thomas Rønde, 2003. "Cooperation in International Banking Supervision," CIE Discussion Papers 2004-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Rafael Repullo, 2001.
"A model of takeovers of foreign banks,"
Spanish Economic Review, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-21.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2000. "A Model of Takeovers of Foreign Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 2639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rafael Repullo, 2000. "A Model of Takeovers of Foreign Banks," Working Papers wp2000_0015, CEMFI.
- Repullo, R., 2000. "A Model of Takeovers of Foreign Banks," Papers 0015, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Baele, Lieven & Ferrando, Annalisa & Hördahl, Peter & Krylova, Elizaveta & Monnet, Cyril, 2004. "Measuring financial integration in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 14, European Central Bank.
- Haizhou Huang & Charles Goodhart, 1999. "A Simple Model of an International Lender of Last Resort," FMG Discussion Papers dp336, Financial Markets Group.
- Thordur Olafsson & Julia Majaha-Jartby, 2005. "Regional Financial Conglomerates; A Case for Improved Supervision," IMF Working Papers 05/124, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koulovatianos, Christos & Schrder, Carsten & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2009.
"Nonmarket Household Time and the Cost of Children,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 27, pages 42-51.
- Christos Koulovatianos & Carsten Schröder & Ulrich Schmidt, 2006. "Non-Market Household Time and the cost of Children," Vienna Economics Papers 0606, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Christos Koulovatianos & Carsten Schröder & Ulrich Schmidt, 2008. "Nonmarket Household Time and the Cost of Children," Discussion Papers 08/07, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Koulovatianos, Christos & Schröder, Carsten & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2006. "Non-market household time and the cost of children," Discussion Papers 2006/22, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Koulovatianos, Christos & Schröder, Carsten & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2009. "Nonmarket household time and the cost of children," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 28906, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsBank regulation; lender of last resort; European financial markets;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:fubsbe:20062. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwfubde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.