A Model of Takeovers of Foreign Banks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buch, Claudia M. & DeLong, Gayle, 2004.
"Cross-border bank mergers: What lures the rare animal?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2077-2102, September.
- DeLong, Gayle L. & Buch, Claudia M., 2001. "Cross-Border Bank Mergers: What Lures the Rare Animal?," Kiel Working Papers 1070, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Buch, Claudia M. & DeLong, Gayle, 2008. "Do weak supervisory systems encourage bank risk-taking?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 23-39, April.
- Diemo Dietrich & Uwe Vollmer, 2010. "International Banking and Liquidity Allocation," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(1), pages 45-69, February.
- Cornelia Holthausen & Thomas Rønde, 2003. "Cooperation in International Banking Supervision," CIE Discussion Papers 2004-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Sungho Choi & Bill B. Francis & Iftekhar Hasan, 2010.
"Cross-Border Bank M&As and Risk: Evidence from the Bond Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(4), pages 615-645, June.
- Choi, Sungho & Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar, 2010. "Cross-border bank M&As and risk : evidence from the bond market," Research Discussion Papers 4/2010, Bank of Finland.
- Berger, Helge & Hefeker, Carsten, 2006.
"Does financial integration make banks act more prudential? Regulation, foreign owned banks, and the lender-of-last resort,"
2006/2, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Berger, Helge & Hefeker, Carsten, 2006. "Does Financial Integration Make Banks Act More Prudential? Regulation, Foreign Owned Banks, and the Lender-of-Last Resort," HWWA Discussion Papers 339, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Lóránth, Gyöngyi & Morrison, Alan, 2003. "Multinational Bank Regulation with Deposit Insurance and Diversification Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 4148, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Niinimäki, Juha-Pekka & Mälkönen, Ville, 2009. "Blanket guarantee and restructuring decisions for multinational banks in a bargaining model," Research Discussion Papers 16/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Loranth, Gyongyi, 2011.
"Regulation of multinational banks: A theoretical inquiry,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 178-198, April.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Lóránth, Gyöngyi, 2004. "Regulation of Multinational banks: A Theoretical Inquiry," CEPR Discussion Papers 4232, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Loranth, Gyongyi, 2005. "Regulation of multinational banks: a theoretical inquiry," Working Paper Series 431, European Central Bank.
- Focarelli, Dario & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2008.
"Cross-border M&As in the financial sector: Is banking different from insurance,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 15-29, January.
- Pozzolo, Alberto Franco & Focarelli, Dario, 2007. "Cross-Border M&As in the Financial Sector. Is Banking Different from Insurance?," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp07032, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Josep Pijoan-Mas, 2006.
"Precautionary Savings or Working Longer Hours?,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 9(2), pages 326-352, April.
- Josep Pijoan-Mas, 2004. "Precautionary Savings or Working Longer Hours?," 2004 Meeting Papers 350, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Holopainen, Helena, 2007. "Integration of financial supervision," Research Discussion Papers 12/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Mälkönen, Ville & Niinimäki, J.-P., 2012. "Blanket guarantee, deposit insurance and restructuring decisions for multinational banks," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 84-95.
- Helge Berger & Carsten Hefeker, 2008. "Does financial integration make banks more vulnerable? Regulation, foreign owned banks, and the lender-of-last resort," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 371-393, February.
- Claudia M. Buch & Gayle L. DeLong, 2008. "Banking Globalization: International Consolidation and Mergers in Banking," IAW Discussion Papers 38, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Amihud, Yakov & DeLong, Gayle L. & Saunders, Anthony, 2002. "The effects of cross-border bank mergers on bank risk and value," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 857-877, November.
More about this item
KeywordsBank Closure; Bank Supervision; Cross-Border Bank Mergers; Deposit Insurance; Home Country Control; International Banks; Takeovers In Banking;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:2639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.