Restructuring Financial Regulation in the European Monetary Union
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tito Cordella & Eduardo Levy Yeyati, 1998.
"Public Disclosure and Bank Failures,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 110-131, March.
- Demirguc-Kent, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1998.
"Financial liberalization and financial fragility,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1917, The World Bank.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 1996.
"Interbank lending and systemic risk,"
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 733-765.
- Resti, Andrea, 1998. "Regulation Can Foster Mergers, Can Mergers Foster Efficiency? The Italian Case," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 157-169, March.
- Xavier Freixas, 1999. "Optimal Bail Out Policy, Conditionality and Creative Ambiguity," FMG Discussion Papers dp327, Financial Markets Group.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521405287 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 1996.
"Controlling risk in payment systems,"
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 832-869.
- William R. White, 1998. "The coming transformation of continental european banking?," BIS Working Papers 54, Bank for International Settlements.
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu & Claudia Helene Dziobek, 1997. "Lessons From Systemic Bank Restructuring; A Survey of 24 Countries," IMF Working Papers 97/161, International Monetary Fund.
- Jacklin, Charles J & Bhattacharya, Sudipto, 1988. "Distinguishing Panics and Information-Based Bank Runs: Welfare and Policy Implications," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(3), pages 568-92, June.
- Carmine Di Noia & Giorgio Di Giorgio, 1999.
"Should banking supervision and monetary policy tasks be given to different agencies?,"
Economics Working Papers
411, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Di Noia, Carmine & Di Giorgio, Giorgio, 1999. "Should Banking Supervision and Monetary Policy Tasks Be Given to Different Agencies?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 361-78, November.
- Carmine Di Noia & Giorgio Di Giorgio, 1999. "Should Banking Supervision and Monetary Policy Tasks Be Given to Different Agencies," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-11, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Damien NEVEN & Thomas VON UNGERN-STERNBERG, 1998. "The Competitive Impact of the UBS-SBC Merger," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9805, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Xavier Vives, 2002.
"Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort: Was Bagehot Right After All?,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp408, Financial Markets Group.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Xavier Vives, 2004. "Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort: Was Bagehot Right After All?," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(6), pages 1116-1147, December.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Coordination failures and the lender of last resort : was Bagehot right after all?," HWWA Discussion Papers 184, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Xavier Vives, 2002. "Coordination failures and the lender of last resort: was Bagehot right after all?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24928, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vives, Xavier, 2004. "Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort : Was Bagehot Right After All?," IDEI Working Papers 294, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Coordination Failures and the Lender of Last Resort: Was Bagehot Right After All?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3233, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hughes, Joseph P, et al, 1996.
"Efficient Banking under Interstate Branching,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 1045-71, November.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 1996. "Efficient banking under interstate branching," Working Papers 96-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon, 1997. "Efficient Banking Under Interstate Branching," Departmental Working Papers 199609, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 1997.
"National Policies and Local Economies: Europe and the United States,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1632, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lucrezia Reichlin & Mario Forni, 1999. "National policies and local economies: Europe and the United States," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10181, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Prager, Robin A & Hannan, Timothy H, 1998. "Do Substantial Horizontal Mergers Generate Significant Price Effects? Evidence from the Banking Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 433-52, December.
- Postlewaite, Andrew & Vives, Xavier, 1987. "Bank Runs as an Equilibrium Phenomenon," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 485-91, June.
- Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier, 1995.
"Imperfect Competition, Risk Taking, and Regulation in Banking,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1177, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier, 2000. "Imperfect competition, risk taking, and regulation in banking," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-34, January.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1999.
"Is bank supervision central to central banking?,"
99-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Timothy Besley & Paul Seabright, 1999. "The effects and policy implications of state aids to industry: an economic analysis," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 14(28), pages 13-53, 04.
- Cybo-Ottone, Alberto & Murgia, Maurizio, 2000. "Mergers and shareholder wealth in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 831-859, June.
- Fatas, Antonio, 1997.
"EMU: Countries or regions? Lessons from the EMS experience,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 743-751, April.
- Fatás, Antonio, 1997. "EMU: Countries or Regions? Lessons from the EMS Experience," CEPR Discussion Papers 1558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Goodhart, Charles & Schoenmaker, Dirk, 1995. "Should the Functions of Monetary Policy and Banking Supervision Be Separated?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 539-60, October.
- Vennet, Rudi Vander, 1996. "The effect of mergers and acquisitions on the efficiency and profitability of EC credit institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1531-1558, November.
- Goodfriend, M. & King, R.G., 1988.
"Financial Deregulation, Monetary Policy, And Central Banking,"
RCER Working Papers
121, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Marvin Goodfriend & Robert G. King, 1988. "Financial deregulation, monetary policy, and central banking," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue May, pages 3-22.
- Marvin Goodfriend & Robert G. King, 1988. "Financial deregulation, monetary policy, and central banking," Working Paper 88-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Mayes, David & Vesala, Jukka, 1998. "On the Problems of Home Country Control," Research Discussion Papers 20/1998, Bank of Finland.
- Prati, A. & Schinasi, G.J., 1999. "Financial Stability in European Economic and Monetary Union," Princeton Studies in International Economics 86, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Schmidt, Reinhard H. & Hackethal, Andreas & Tyrell, Marcel, 1999. "Disintermediation and the Role of Banks in Europe: An International Comparison," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 8(1-2), pages 36-67, January.
- Joe Peek & Eric S. Rosengren & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell, 1998. "Does the Federal Reserve have an informational advantage? you can bank on it," Working Papers 98-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Vives, Xavier, 1990. "Banking Competition and European Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 373, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve, 1999. "The productivity effects of bank mergers: Evidence from the UK building societies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 825-846, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:19:y:2001:i:1:p:57-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.