Individual Contacts, Collective Patterns. Prato 1975-97, a story of interactions
This article presents an agent-based model of an Italian textile district where thousands of small firms specialise in particular phases of fabrics production. It is an empirical model that reconstructs the communications between firms when they arrange production chains. In their turn, production chains reflect into the pattern of traffic in the geographical areas where the district extends.
|Date of creation:||28 Apr 2005|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 30. Submitted to 'Environment and Planning B'|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eleonora Di Maria & Stefano Micelli, 2007. "District leaders as open networks: emerging business strategies in Italian industrial districts," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0038, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward E Leamer & Michael Storper, 2001.
"The Economic Geography of the Internet Age,"
Journal of International Business Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(4), pages 641-665, December.
- Nooteboom, B., 2007.
"Methodological interactionism : Theory and application to the firm and to the building of trust,"
Other publications TiSEM
baf6da04-df8d-4e0e-ad92-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bart Nooteboom, 2007. "Methodological interactionism: Theory and application to the firm and to the building of trust," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 137-153, September.
- Nooteboom, B., 2007. "Methodological Interactionism : Theory and Application to the Firm and to the Building of Trust," Discussion Paper 2007-5, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2006.
"Spatial agglomeration and business groups: New evidence from Italian industrial districts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 507-518.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2004. "Spatial agglomeration and business groups: new evidence from Italian industrial districts," ERSA conference papers ersa04p402, European Regional Science Association.
- Nigel Gilbert & Pietro Terna, 2000. "How to build and use agent-based models in social science," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Guido Fioretti, 2002. "Information Structure and Behaviour of a Textile Industrial District," Urban/Regional 0207003, EconWPA, revised 13 Aug 2002.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpur:0504010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.