Individual Contacts, Collective Patterns. Prato 1975-97, a story of interactions
This article presents an agent-based model (ABM) of an Italian textile district where thousands of small firms specialize in particular phases of fabrics production. It is an empirical model because it reconstructs the communications between firms when they arrange production chains. In their turn, production chains reflect into the pattern of road traffic in the geographical areas where the district extends. It is a methodological model because it aims to show that ABMs can be used to reconstruct a web of movements in geographical space. ABMs are proposed as a tool for Hägerstrand’s “time-geography”.
|Date of creation:||15 Mar 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2006.
"Spatial agglomeration and business groups: New evidence from Italian industrial districts,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 507-518.
- Giulio Cainelli & Donato Iacobucci & Enrica Morganti, 2004. "Spatial agglomeration and business groups: new evidence from Italian industrial districts," ERSA conference papers ersa04p402, European Regional Science Association.
- Nigel Gilbert & Pietro Terna, 2000. "How to build and use agent-based models in social science," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Paul Krugman, 1990. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," NBER Working Papers 3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bart Nooteboom, 2007. "Methodological interactionism: Theory and application to the firm and to the building of trust," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 20(2), pages 137-153, September.
- Nooteboom, B., 2007. "Methodological interactionism : Theory and application to the firm and to the building of trust," Other publications TiSEM baf6da04-df8d-4e0e-ad92-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Nooteboom, B., 2007. "Methodological Interactionism : Theory and Application to the Firm and to the Building of Trust," Discussion Paper 2007-5, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Eleonora Di Maria & Stefano Micelli, 2007. "District leaders as open networks: emerging business strategies in Italian industrial districts," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0038, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Edward E Leamer & Michael Storper, 2001. "The Economic Geography of the Internet Age," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(4), pages 641-665, December.
- Edward E. Leamer & Michael Storper, 2001. "The Economic Geography of the Internet Age," NBER Working Papers 8450, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Guido Fioretti, 2002. "Information Structure and Behaviour of a Textile Industrial District," Urban/Regional 0207003, EconWPA, revised 13 Aug 2002. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.