Modeling the risk process in the XploRe computing environment
A user friendly approach to modeling the risk process is presented. It utilizes the insurance library of the XploRe computing environment which is accompanied by on-line, hyperlinked and freely downloadable from the web manuals and e-books. The empirical analysis for Danish ﬁre losses for the years 1980-90 is conducted and the best fitting of the risk process to the data is illustrated.
|Date of creation:||07 Feb 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 8. Appeared in: Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3039, pp. 868-875|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://18.104.22.168 |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Wolfgang Hardle & Rafal Weron, 2003. "An introduction to simulation of risk processes," HSC Research Reports HSC/03/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Kukla, Grzegorz & Weron, Rafał, 2000.
"Property insurance loss distributions,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 269-278.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Misiorek, Adam & Weron, Rafal, 2010. "Loss Distributions," MPRA Paper 22163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafal, 2010.
"Simulation of Risk Processes,"
25444, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpri:0502001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.