Visualization tools for insurance risk processes
This chapter develops on risk processes which, perhaps, are most suitable for computer visualization of all insurance objects. At the same time, risk processes are basic instruments for any non-life actuary – they are vital for calculating the amount of loss that an insurance company may incur.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Publication status:||Published as Chapter IV.6 (pages 899-920) in: Ch. Chen, W. Haerdle, A. Unwin (2008) "Handbook of Data Visualization", Springer, Berlin.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Wybrzeze Wyspianskiego 27, 50-370 Wroclaw|
Web page: http://prac.im.pwr.wroc.pl/~hugo
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Misiorek, Adam & Weron, Rafal, 2010. "Loss Distributions," MPRA Paper 22163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
- Härdle, Wolfgang Karl & Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafał, 2004.
"Simulation of risk processes,"
2004,01, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafal, 2010. "Simulation of Risk Processes," MPRA Paper 25444, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Computationally intensive Value at Risk calculations," Papers 2004,32, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Anna Chernobai & Krzysztof Burnecki & Svetlozar Rachev & Stefan Trück & Rafał Weron, 2006. "Modelling catastrophe claims with left-truncated severity distributions," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 537-555, December.
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Marek Teuerle, 2010. "Ruin Probability in Finite Time," HSC Research Reports HSC/10/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Rafal Weron & Adam Misiorek, 2006. "Short-term electricity price forecasting with time series models: A review and evaluation," HSC Research Reports HSC/06/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)