Parameterizations and modes of stable distributions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gawronski WoLfgang & Wießner Martin, 1992. "Asymptotics And Inequalities For The Mode Of Stable Laws," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1-2), pages 183-198, February.
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muneya Matsui & Akimichi Takemura, 2004. "Some Improvements in Numerical Evaluation of Symmetric Stable Density and its Derivatives," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-292, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Scalas, Enrico & Kim, Kyungsik, 2006.
"The art of fitting financial time series with Levy stable distributions,"
336, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Enrico Scalas & Kyungsik Kim, 2006. "The art of fitting financial time series with Levy stable distributions," Papers physics/0608224, arXiv.org.
- Abdul-Hamid, Husein & Nolan, John P., 1998. "Multivariate Stable Densities as Functions of One Dimensional Projections," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 80-89, October.
- Mitchell, James, 2002. "The use of non-normal distributions in quantifying qualitative survey data on expectations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 101-107, June.
- Cheong, Siew Ann & Fornia, Robert Paulo & Lee, Gladys Hui Ting & Kok, Jun Liang & Yim, Woei Shyr & Xu, Danny Yuan & Zhang, Yiting, 2011. "The Japanese economy in crises: A time series segmentation study," Economics Discussion Papers 2011-24, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Graves, Timothy & Franzke, Christian L.E. & Watkins, Nicholas W. & Gramacy, Robert B. & Tindale, Elizabeth, 2017. "Systematic inference of the long-range dependence and heavy-tail distribution parameters of ARFIMA models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 473(C), pages 60-71.
- Nolan, John P. & Ojeda-Revah, Diana, 2013. "Linear and nonlinear regression with stable errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 172(2), pages 186-194.
- Climent-Hernández, José Antonio & Venegas-Martínez, Francisco & Ortiz-Arango, Francisco, 2014.
"Portafolio óptimo y productos estructurados en mercados alpha-estables: un enfoque de minimización de riesgo
[Optimal Portfolio and Structured Notes in alpha-stable Markets: a Risk Minimization App," MPRA Paper 57740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pewsey, Arthur, 2008. "The wrapped stable family of distributions as a flexible model for circular data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 1516-1523, January.
- Matsui, Muneya & Takemura, Akimichi, 2009. "Integral representations of one-dimensional projections for multivariate stable densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 334-344, March.
- Koenker, Roger & Portnoy, Stephen, 2000. "Some pathological regression asymptotics under stable conditions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 219-228, November.
- Fofack, Hippolyte & Nolan, John P., 2001. "Distribution of parallel exchange rates in African countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 987-1001, December.
- Andrea Fontanari & Nassim Nicholas Taleb & Pasquale Cirillo, 2017. "Gini estimation under infinite variance," Papers 1707.01370, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2017.
- repec:hal:journl:hal-00642696 is not listed on IDEAS
- Menn, Christian & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 2006. "Calibrated FFT-based density approximations for [alpha]-stable distributions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1891-1904, April.
- Cheong, Siew Ann & Fornia, Robert Paulo & Lee, Gladys Hui Ting & Kok, Jun Liang & Yim, Woei Shyr & Xu, Danny Yuan & Zhang, Yiting, 2012. "The Japanese economy in crises: A time series segmentation study," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 6, pages 1-81.
- Chan, W.S. & Cheung, S.H. & Zhang, L.X. & Wu, K.H., 2008. "Temporal aggregation of equity return time-series models," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 172-180.
- Zhang, Yiting & Lee, Gladys Hui Ting & Wong, Jian Cheng & Kok, Jun Liang & Prusty, Manamohan & Cheong, Siew Ann, 2011. "Will the US economy recover in 2010? A minimal spanning tree study," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(11), pages 2020-2050.
- José Antonio Climent-Hernández, 2017. "Portafolios de dispersión mínima con rendimientos log-estables Minimum dispersion portfolios with log-stable returns," Remef - The Mexican Journal of Economics and Finance, Instituto Mexicano de Ejecutivos de Finanzas. Remef, March.
More about this item
KeywordsStable distributions Characteristic functions Stable modes Multivariate stable distributions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:38:y:1998:i:2:p:187-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description .