Modeling the risk process in the XploRe computing environment
A user friendly approach to modeling the risk process is presented. It utilizes the insurance library of the XploRe computing environment which is accompanied by on-line, hyperlinked and freely downloadable from the web manuals and e-books. The empirical analysis for Danish fire losses for the years 1980-90 is conducted and the best fitting of the risk process to the data is illustrated.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1, 10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.case.hu-berlin.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Wolfgang Hardle & Rafal Weron, 2003. "An introduction to simulation of risk processes," HSC Research Reports HSC/03/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Kukla, Grzegorz & Weron, Rafał, 2000.
"Property insurance loss distributions,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 269-278.
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Grzegorz Kukla & Rafal Weron, 2000. "Property insurance loss distributions," HSC Research Reports HSC/00/03, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Misiorek, Adam & Weron, Rafal, 2010. "Loss Distributions," MPRA Paper 22163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
- Härdle, Wolfgang Karl & Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Simulation of risk processes," Papers 2004,01, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:caseps:200408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.