Modelling catastrophe claims with left-truncated severity distributions (extended version)
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Anna Chernobai & Krzysztof Burnecki & Svetlozar Rachev & Stefan Trueck & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Modeling catastrophe claims with left-truncated severity distributions (extended version)," HSC Research Reports HSC/05/01, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
References listed on IDEAS
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Misiorek, Adam & Weron, Rafal, 2010. "Loss Distributions," MPRA Paper 22163, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501, June.
- Chernobai, Anna & Menn, Christian & Rachev, Svetlozar T. & Trück, Stefan, 2010. "Estimation of operational value-at-risk in the presence of minimum collection threshold: An empirical study," Working Paper Series in Economics 4, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Department of Economics and Business Engineering.
- Härdle, Wolfgang Karl & Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafał, 2004. "Simulation of risk processes," Papers 2004,01, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Wolfgang Hardle & Rafal Weron, 2003. "An introduction to simulation of risk processes," HSC Research Reports HSC/03/04, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Kukla, Grzegorz & Weron, Rafał, 2000. "Property insurance loss distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 269-278.
- L. Randall Wray & Stephanie Bell, 2004. "Introduction," Chapters, in: L. Randall Wray (ed.), Credit and State Theories of Money, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Knez, Peter J & Ready, Mark J, 1997. " On the Robustness of Size and Book-to-Market in Cross-Sectional Regressions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(4), pages 1355-1382, September.
- Michael Bierbrauer & Stefan Trueck & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Modeling electricity prices with regime switching models," Econometrics 0502005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco Bee, 2005. "On maximum likelihood estimation of operational loss distributions," Department of Economics Working Papers 0503, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Philippe Robert-Demontrond & R. Ringoot, 2004. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00081823, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rafal Weron, 2005. "Heavy tails and electricity prices," HSC Research Reports HSC/05/02, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Nowak, Piotr & Romaniuk, Maciej, 2013. "Pricing and simulations of catastrophe bonds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 18-28.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural Catastrophe; Property Insurance; Loss Distribution; Truncated Data; Ruin Probability;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models; Threshold Regression Models
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10423. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.