Simulation of Risk Processes
This paper is intended as a guide to simulation of risk processes. A typical model for insurance risk, the so-called collective risk model, treats the aggregate loss as having a compound distribution with two main components: one characterizing the arrival of claims and another describing the severity (or size) of loss resulting from the occurrence of a claim. The collective risk model is often used in health insurance and in general insurance, whenever the main risk components are the number of insurance claims and the amount of the claims. It can also be used for modeling other non-insurance product risks, such as credit and operational risk. In this paper we present efficient simulation algorithms for several classes of claim arrival processes.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Weron, Rafal, 2010.
"Simulation of Risk Processes,"
25444, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hormann, W., 1993. "The transformed rejection method for generating Poisson random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-45, February.
- Tse,Yiu-Kuen, 2009. "Nonlife Actuarial Models," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521764650, October.
- Anna Chernobai & Krzysztof Burnecki & Svetlozar Rachev & Stefan Trück & Rafał Weron, 2006. "Modelling catastrophe claims with left-truncated severity distributions," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 537-555, December.
- Aleksander Janicki & Aleksander Weron, 1994. "Simulation and Chaotic Behavior of Alpha-stable Stochastic Processes," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook9401.
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Grzegorz Kukla & Rafal Weron, 2000.
"Property insurance loss distributions,"
HSC Research Reports
HSC/00/03, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Burnecki, Krzysztof & Kukla, Grzegorz & Weron, Rafał, 2000. "Property insurance loss distributions," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 269-278.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.