Black swans or dragon kings? A simple test for deviations from the power law
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Janczura, Joanna & Weron, Rafal, 2011. "Black swans or dragon kings? A simple test for deviations from the power law," MPRA Paper 28959, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joanna Janczura & Rafal Weron, 2011. "Black swans or dragon kings? A simple test for deviations from the power law," Papers 1102.3712, arXiv.org.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pavel Cizek & Wolfgang Karl Härdle & Rafal Weron, 2005. "Statistical Tools for Finance and Insurance," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0501.
- Rafal Weron & Adam Misiorek, 2005. "Modeling and forecasting electricity loads: A comparison," Econometrics 0502004, EconWPA.
- Rafal Weron, 2006. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Loads and Prices: A Statistical Approach," HSC Books, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology, number hsbook0601.
- Krzysztof Burnecki & Rafal Weron, 2006. "Visualization tools for insurance risk processes," HSC Research Reports HSC/06/06, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
More about this item
KeywordsBlack swan; Dragon king; Power-law; Weibull distribution; Tail behavior; Outlier; Hypothesis test;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-10-09 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2011-10-09 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wuu:wpaper:hsc1101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafal Weron). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hspwrpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.