Firm Heterogeneity and Worker Turnover
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Burgess, Simon & Lane, Julia & Stevens, David, 2000. "Job Flows, Worker Flows, and Churning," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(3), pages 473-502, July.
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1985. "Implicit Contracts: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 1144-1175, September.
- Lane, Julia & Stevens, David, 1995. "Family, Work, and Welfare History: Work and Welfare Outcomes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 266-270, May.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger, 1998. "Measuring Gross Worker and Job Flows," NBER Chapters,in: Labor Statistics Measurement Issues, pages 77-122 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McLaughlin, Kenneth J, 1991. "A Theory of Quits and Layoffs with Efficient Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(1), pages 1-29, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Murmann, Martin, 2017. "The productivity effects of worker replacement in young firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-010, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Saripalle, Madhuri, 2006. "Learning across policy regimes: The impact of protection vis-à-vis competition in the Indian automotive industry," MPRA Paper 1701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Lane, Julia I. & Spletzer, James R., 2007.
"Wages, productivity, and the dynamic interaction of businesses and workers,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 575-602, June.
- John Haltiwanger & Julia Lane & James Spletzer, 2000. "Wages, Productivity, and the Dynamic Interaction of Businesses and Workers," NBER Working Papers 7994, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Mika Maliranta, 2005. "Worker inflow, outflow, and churning," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(10), pages 1115-1133.
- Serdar Aldatmaz & Paige Ouimet & Edward D Van Wesep, 2014. "The Option To Quit: The Effect Of Employee Stock Options On Turnover," Working Papers 14-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lane, Julia & Stevens, David & Burgess, Simon, 1996. "Worker and job flows," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 109-113, April.
- Erling Barth & Harald Dale-Olsen, 1999. "Monopsonistic Discrimination and the Gender-Wage Gap," NBER Working Papers 7197, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gartell, Marie & Jans, Ann-Christin & Persson, Helena, 2010. "The importance of education for the reallocation of labor: Evidence from Swedish linked employer-employee data 1986-2002," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 206-214, January.
- Julia Lane & Robert Feinberg & Harry Broadman, 2002. "Do Labour Strategies Matter? An Analysis of Two Enterprise-Level Data Sets in China," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 225-237.
- Paige Ouimet & Rebecca Zarutskie, 2011. "Acquiring Labor," Working Papers 11-32, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Piekkola, Hannu & Böckerman, Petri, 2002. "On Whom Falls the Burden of Restructuring? Evidence from Finland," Discussion Papers 714, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Ron Boschma & Riccardo Cappelli & Anet Weterings, 2017. "Labour mobility, skill-relatedness and plant survival over the industry life cycle: Evidence from new Dutch plants," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1731, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2017.
- John M. Abowd & John Haltiwanger & Julia I. Lane & Kristin Sandusky, 2001. "Within and Between Firm Changes in Human Capital, Technology, and Productivity Preliminary and incomplete," Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers 2001-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Catherine Armington & Zoltan Acs, 2004.
"Job creation and persistence in services and manufacturing,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 309-325, July.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Catherine Armington, 2004. "Job Creation and Persistence in Services and Manufacturing," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-16, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Harald Dale-Olsen & Dag Rønningen, 2000. "The Importance of Definitions of Data and Observation Frequen-cies for Job and Worker Flows - Norwegian Experiences 1996-1997," Discussion Papers 278, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Gartell, Marie & Jans, Ann-Christin & Persson, Helena, 2007. "The importance of education for the reallocation of labor: evidence from Swedish linked employer-employee data 1986-2002," Working Paper Series 2007:14, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pb:p:2711-2805 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burgess, Simon & Lane, Julia & Stevens, David, 2001. "Churning dynamics: an analysis of hires and separations at the employer level," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-14, January.
More about this item
Keywordslabor turnover; job mobility; wage record data;
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:9602001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.