Food Expenditure, Food Preparation Time and Household Economies of Scale
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reuben Gronau & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2008.
"The Demand for Variety: A Household Production Perspective,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 562-572, August.
- Reuben Gronau & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2001. "The Demand for Variety: A Household Production Perspective," NBER Working Papers 8509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Gronau, Reuben, 2007. "The Demand for Variety: A Household Production Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 2767, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2003:93:7:1149-1154_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Aguiar & Erik Hurst, 2004. "Consumption vs. Expenditure," NBER Working Papers 10307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gibson, John, 2002.
" Why Does the Engel Method Work? Food Demand, Economies of Size and Household Survey Methods,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(4), pages 341-359, September.
- John Gibson, 2002. "Why Does the Engel Method Work? Food Demand, Economies of Size and Household Survey Methods," Working Papers in Economics 02/02, University of Waikato.
- Bhattacharya, J. & DeLeire, T. & Haider, S. & Currie, J., 2003.
"Heat or Eat? Cold-Weather Shocks and Nutrition in Poor American Families,"
American Journal of Public Health,
American Public Health Association, vol. 93(7), pages 1149-1154.
- Jayanta Bhattacharya & Thomas DeLeire & Steven Haider & Janet Currie, 2002. "Heat or Eat? Cold Weather Shocks and Nutrition in Poor American Families," NBER Working Papers 9004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trevon D. Logan, 2011.
"Economies Of Scale In The Household: Puzzles And Patterns From The American Past,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(4), pages 1008-1028, October.
- Trevon D. Logan, 2008. "Economies of Scale in the Household: Puzzles and Patterns from the American Past," NBER Working Papers 13869, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bargain, Olivier & Donni, Olivier & Kwenda, Prudence, 2014.
"Intrahousehold distribution and poverty: Evidence from Côte d'Ivoire,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 262-276.
- Olivier Bargain & Olivier Donni & Prudence Kwenda, 2013. "Intrahousehold Distribution and Poverty: Evidence from Côte dIvoire," THEMA Working Papers 2013-23, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Olivier Bargain & Olivier Donni & Prudence Kwenda, 2014. "Intrahousehold distribution and poverty: Evidence from Côte d'Ivoire," Post-Print hal-01463912, HAL.
- Berendeeva, Ekaterina & Ratnikova, Tatiana, 2016. "The Deaton–Paxson paradox in the consumption of Russian households," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 42, pages 54-74.
- Siwarat Kuson & Songsak Sriboonchitta & Peter Calkins, 2012. "Household determinants of poverty in Savannakhet, Laos: Binary choice model approach," The Empirical Econometrics and Quantitative Economics Letters, Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University, vol. 1(3), pages 33-52, September.
- Mottaleb, K. & Erenstein, O., 2018. "Gender Differentiated Impacts of Commodity Price Shocks on Households’ Consumption Behavior: A Natural Experiment," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 275915, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9387-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bargain, Olivier & Donni, Olivier & Magejo, Prudence, 2011.
"Intrahousehold Distribution and Child Poverty: Theory and Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6029, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olivier Bargain & Olivier Donni & Prudence Kwenda, 2011. "Intrahousehold Distribution and Child Poverty: Theory and Evidence from Côte d'Ivoire," Working Papers 2011-031, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
More about this item
Keywordshousehold economies; time use; household production; food consumption;
- J - Labor and Demographic Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-01-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpla:0412005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.