The Value of Online Information Privacy: An Empirical Investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leclerc, France & Schmitt, Bernd H & Dube, Laurette, 1995. " Waiting Time and Decision Making: Is Time like Money?," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 110-119, June.
- Roger Hartley & Lisa Farrell, 2002.
"Can Expected Utility Theory Explain Gambling?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 613-624, June.
- Lisa Farrell & Roger Hartley, "undated". "Can Expected Utility Theory Explain Gambling?," Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics 00/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Lisa Farrell & Roger Hartley, 2002. "Can expected utility theory explain gambling?," Open Access publications 10197/539, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Roger Hartley & Lisa Farrell, 1998. "Can Expected Utility Theory Explain Gambling?," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 98/02, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Ratchford, Brian T, 2001. " The Economics of Consumer Knowledge," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 397-411, March.
- Brinberg, David & Wood, Ronald, 1983. " A Resource Exchange Theory Analysis of Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 330-338, December.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- K. Sridhar Moorthy, 1984. "Market Segmentation, Self-Selection, and Product Line Design," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 288-307.
- Mary J. Culnan & Pamela K. Armstrong, 1999. "Information Privacy Concerns, Procedural Fairness, and Impersonal Trust: An Empirical Investigation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 104-115, February.
- Sandra J. Milberg & H. Jeff Smith & Sandra J. Burke, 2000. "Information Privacy: Corporate Management and National Regulation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 35-57, February.
- Kathy A. Stewart & Albert H. Segars, 2002. "An Empirical Examination of the Concern for Information Privacy Instrument," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(1), pages 36-49, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pau, L-F., 2006. "Privacy Management Service Contracts as a New Business Opportunity for Operators," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-060-LIS, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Kai-Lung Hui & I.P.L. Png, 2005. "The Economics of Privacy," Industrial Organization 0505007, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 29 Aug 2005.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation privacy; conjoint analysis; cost-benefit tradeoff; privacy concern; monetary reward; time-saving service;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpio:0304001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.