Fictitious play in 2xn games
It is known that every continuous time fictitious play process approaches equilibrium in every nondegenerate 2x2 and 2x3 game, and it has been conjectured that convergence to equilibrium holds generally for 2xn games. We give a simple geometric proof of this.
|Date of creation:||25 Mar 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf-file; pages: 11; figures: included|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://184.108.40.206|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher Harris, 1994.
"On theRate of Convergence of Continuous-Time Fictitious Play,"
0052, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Harris, Christopher, 1998. "On the Rate of Convergence of Continuous-Time Fictitious Play," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 238-259, February.
- Vijay Krishna & T. Sjostrom, 2010.
"On the Convergence of Fictitious Play,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
417, David K. Levine.
- Vijay Krishna & Tomas Sjostrom, 1995. "On the Convergence of Fictitious Play," Game Theory and Information 9503003, EconWPA.
- Vijay Krishna & Tomas Sjostrom, 1995. "On the Convergence of Fictitious Play," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1717, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Sjostrom, T. & Krishna, V., 1995. "On the Convergence of Ficticious Play," Papers 04-95-07, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Monderer, Dov & Sela, Aner, 1997. "Fictitious play and- no-cycling conditions," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 97-12, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Ulrich Berger, 2003. "Continuous Fictitious Play via Projective Geometry," Game Theory and Information 0303004, EconWPA.
- Gilboa, Itzhak & Matsui, Akihiko, 1991.
"Social Stability and Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 859-67, May.
- Gaunersdorfer Andrea & Hofbauer Josef, 1995.
"Fictitious Play, Shapley Polygons, and the Replicator Equation,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 279-303, November.
- A. Gaunersdorfer & J. Hofbauer, 2010. "Fictitious Play, Shapley Polygons and the Replicator Equation," Levine's Working Paper Archive 438, David K. Levine.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1991. "Adaptive and sophisticated learning in normal form games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 82-100, February.
- Metrick, Andrew & Polak, Ben, 1994. "Fictitious Play in 2 x 2 Games: A Geometric Proof of Convergence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 4(6), pages 923-33, October.
- Diana Richards, 1997. "The geometry of inductive reasoning in games," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 185-193.
- Monderer, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1996. "Fictitious Play Property for Games with Identical Interests," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 258-265, January.
- Matsui, Akihiko, 1992. "Best response dynamics and socially stable strategies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 343-362, August.
- Foster, Dean P. & Young, H. Peyton, 1998. "On the Nonconvergence of Fictitious Play in Coordination Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 79-96, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:0303009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.