An Alternative to the BDS Test: Integration Across The Correlation Integral
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Evzen Kocenda, 2001. "An Alternative To The Bds Test: Integration Across The Correlation Integral," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 337-351.
- Kocenda, Evzen, 1996. "An Alternative to the BDS Test: Integration Across the Correlation Integral," MPRA Paper 70510, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Kugler & Carlos Lenz, 1990. "Chaos, Arch and the Foreign Exchange Market: Empirical Results from Weekly Data," Diskussionsschriften dp9005, Universitaet Bern, Departement Volkswirtschaft.
- Brock, W.A. & Dechert, W.D. & LeBaron, B. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1995. "A Test for Independence Based on the Correlation Dimension," Working papers 9520, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Evžen Kočenda, 1996. "Volatility of a Seemingly Fixed Exchange Rate," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 37-67, December.
- Hsieh, David A, 1991. " Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics: Application to Financial Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1839-1877, December.
- Victor Chwee, 1998. "Chaos in Natural Gas Futures?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 149-164.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Gogas, Periklis, 1997.
"Chaos in East European black market exchange rates,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 359-385, December.
- Serletis, A. & Gogas, P., 1997. "Chaos in East European Black-Market Exchange Rates," Papers 9708, Calgary - Department of Economics.
- Aydin Cecen, A. & Erkal, Cahit, 1996. "Distinguishing between stochastic and deterministic behavior in foreign exchange rate returns: Further evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 323-329, June.
- Brock, W. A., 1986. "Distinguishing random and deterministic systems: Abridged version," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 168-195, October.
- Hsieh, David A., 1993. "Implications of Nonlinear Dynamics for Financial Risk Management," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 41-64, March.
- Ignacio Olmeda & Joaquin Pérez, 1995. "Non-linear dynamics and chaos in the Spanish stock market," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 19(2), pages 217-248, May.
- de Lima, Pedro J F, 1998. "Nonlinearities and Nonstationarities in Stock Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(2), pages 227-236, April.
- Brock, W.A., 1988. "Nonlinearity And Complex Dynamics In Economics And Finance," Working papers 360, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:584-596 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcos Álvarez-Díaz & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Forecasting the US CPI: Does Nonlinearity Matter?," Working Papers 201512, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Álvarez-Díaz, Marcos & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Gupta, Rangan, 2014. "Detecting predictable non-linear dynamics in Dow Jones Islamic Market and Dow Jones Industrial Average indices using nonparametric regressions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 22-35.
- repec:eee:asieco:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:62-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcos Álvarez-Díaz & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Rangan Gupta, 2013. "Detecting Predictable Non-linear Dynamics in Dow Jones Industrial Average and Dow Jones Islamic Market Indices using Nonparametric Regressions," Working Papers 201385, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordschaos; nonlinear dynamics; correlation integral; Monte Carlo; exchange rates;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2003-02-10 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2003-02-03 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-IFN-2003-02-03 (International Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpem:0301004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .