Why Banks Should Keep Secrets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Myerson, Roger B, 1983. "Mechanism Design by an Informed Principal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, pages 1767-1797.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983.
"Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, pages 401-419.
- Olivier J. Blanchard, 1982. "The Production and Inventory Behavior of the American Automobile Industry," NBER Working Papers 0891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernadino Adao & Theodosios Temzelides, 1995. "Beliefs, competition, and bank runs," Working Papers 95-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- V.V. Chari & Ravi Jagannathan, 1984. "Banking Panics," Discussion Papers 618, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1981. "Mechanism Design by an Informed Principal," Discussion Papers 481, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Chari, V V & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1988. " Banking Panics, Information, and Rational Expectations Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 749-761, July.
- Ted Temzelides & Bernandino Adao, 1995. "Beliefs, Competition, and Bank Runs," Finance 9511001, EconWPA.
- Neil Wallace, 1988. "Another attempt to explain an illiquid banking system: the Diamond and Dybvig model with sequential service taken seriously," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 3-16.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Bank suspension of convertibility," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, pages 177-193.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, pages 14-23.
- Bernardino Adao & Ted Temzelides, 1998. "Sequential Equilibrium and Competition in a Diamond-Dybvig Banking Model," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(4), pages 859-877, October.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1988. "Banking panics, information, and rational expectations equilibrium," Working Papers 320, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Romans Pancs, 2015. "Efficient dark markets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 605-624.
- Dieter Balkenborg & Todd Kaplan & Timothy Miller, 2011. "Teaching Bank Runs with Classroom Experiments," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 224-242.
- Balkenborg, Dieter & Vermeulen, Dries, 2014.
"Universality of Nash components,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, pages 67-76.
- Surajeet Chakravarty & Miguel A. Fonseca & Todd Kaplan, 2012. "An Experiment on the Causes of Bank Run Contagions," Discussion Papers 1206, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Fonseca, Miguel A. & Kaplan, Todd R., 2014.
"An experiment on the causes of bank run contagions,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 39-51.
- Cervini-Plá, María & Ramos, Xavier & Silva, José I., 2010. "Wage Effects of Non-Wage Labour Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 4882, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cervini, María & Ramos, Xavier & Silva, José I., 2011. "Wage effects of non-wage labour costs," MPRA Paper 34033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andr? Kurmann & Christopher Otrok, 2013.
"News Shocks and the Slope of the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2612-2632, October.
- André Kurmann & Christopher Otrok, 2010. "News Shocks and the Slope of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Cahiers de recherche 1005, CIRPEE.
- David Andolfatto & Fernando M. Martin, 2012. "Information disclosure and exchange media," Working Papers 2012-012, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Christopher Otrok & Andre Kurmann, 2010. "News Shocks and the Slope of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," 2010 Meeting Papers 72, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Stenzel, A. & Wagner, W.B., 2013. "Asset Opacity and Liquidity," Discussion Paper 2013-066, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- David Andolfatto & Fernando Martin, 2013. "Information Disclosure and Exchange Media," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(3), pages 527-539, July.
- Todd Kaplan, 2012.
"Communication of preferences in contests for contracts,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 487-503.
- Kaplan, Todd R, 2008. "Communication of Preferences in Contests for Contracts," MPRA Paper 18696, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Aug 2009.
- Frank Gigler & Thomas Hemmer, 2008.
"On the welfare effects of allowing unlimited renegotiation in agency relationships,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 243-265.
- John A. Weymark, 2000. "Candidate Stability and Nonbinary Social Choice," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0029, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Feb 2001.
- Lars Ehlers & John A. Weymark, 2001. "Candidate Stability and Nonbinary Social Choice," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0113, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- EHLERS, Lars & WEYMARK, John A., 2001. "Candidate Stability and Nonbinary Social Choice," Cahiers de recherche 2001-30, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Uras, Rasim Burak & Wagner, Wolf, 2017. "Efficient Lemons," CEPR Discussion Papers 11803, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gallagher, Emily & Schmidt, Lawrence & Timmermann, Allan G & Wermers, Russ, 2017. "Transparency, Investor Information Acquisition, and Money Market Fund Risk Rebalancing during the 2011-12 Eurozone Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 11895, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stenzel, André & Wagner, Wolf, 2015. "Opacity and Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 10665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karlo Kauko, 2016. "Does Opaqueness Make Equity Capital Expensive for Banks?," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, pages 203-227.
More about this item
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:minnec:_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deumnus.html .