Opacity and Liquidity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Acharya, Viral V., 2009.
"A theory of systemic risk and design of prudential bank regulation,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 224-255, September.
- Acharya, Viral V, 2009. "A Theory of Systemic Risk and Design of Prudential Bank Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 7164, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V, 2001. "The Many Faces of Information Disclosure," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 1021-1057.
- Flannery, Mark J. & Kwan, Simon H. & Nimalendran, M., 2004.
"Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 419-460, March.
- Mark J. Flannery & Mahendrarajah Nimalendran & Simon H. Kwan, 1997. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Proceedings 560, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Simon H. Kwan & Mark J. Flannery & Mahendrarajah Nimalendran, 1999. "Market evidence on the opaqueness of banking firms' assets," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 99-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Todd Kaplan, 2006. "Why banks should keep secrets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(2), pages 341-357, January.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Huang, Roger D & Stoll, Hans R, 1997. "The Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: A General Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(4), pages 995-1034.
- Kurlat, Pablo & Veldkamp, Laura, 2015. "Should we regulate financial information?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 158(PB), pages 697-720.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2012.
"Securitization, Transparency, and Liquidity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(8), pages 2417-2453.
- Pagano, Marco & Volpin, Paolo, 2008. "Securitization, Transparency and Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 7105, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pagano, Marco & Volpin, Paolo, 2008. "Securitization, Transparency and Liquidity," Working Papers 09-1, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2008. "Securitization, Transparency and Liquidity," CSEF Working Papers 210, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 31 Jul 2010.
- Marco Pagano & Paolo Volpin, 2009. "Securitization, Transparency and Liquidity," EIEF Working Papers Series 0907, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Feb 2012.
- Bruce Ian Carlin & Shimon Kogan & Richard Lowery, 2013. "Trading Complex Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(5), pages 1937-1960, October.
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2000. "Commonality in liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 3-28, April.
- Stoll, Hans R, 1989. " Inferring the Components of the Bid-Ask Spread: Theory and Empirical Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(1), pages 115-134, March.
- Wolf Wagner, 2011. "Systemic Liquidation Risk and the Diversity–Diversification Trade‐Off," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1141-1175, August.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Donald P. Morgan, 2002. "Rating Banks: Risk and Uncertainty in an Opaque Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 874-888, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsasset liquidity; endogenous information acquisition; opacity;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MST-2015-06-27 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:10665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.