Teaching Bank Runs with Classroom Experiments
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Todd Kaplan, 2006. "Why banks should keep secrets," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 27(2), pages 341-357, January.
- Shy Oz & Stenbacka Rune, 2008. "Rethinking the Roles of Banks: A Call for Narrow Banking," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 5(2), pages 1-4, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:3:y:2015:i:1:p:1095448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan E. Alevy & Paul Ronald Johnson, 2013. "A Classroom Financal Market Experiment," Working Papers 2013-01, University of Alaska Anchorage, Department of Economics.
- Chakravarty, Surajeet & Fonseca, Miguel A. & Kaplan, Todd R., 2014.
"An experiment on the causes of bank run contagions,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 39-51.
- Surajeet Chakravarty & Miguel A. Fonseca & Todd Kaplan, 2012. "An Experiment on the Causes of Bank Run Contagions," Discussion Papers 1206, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Todd R. Kaplan & Dieter Balkenborg, 2010. "Using Economic Classroom Experiments," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 9(2), pages 99-106.
- Maria Semenova, 2018. "A Bank Run in a Classroom: Do Smart Depositors Withdraw on Time?," HSE Working papers WP BRP 64/FE/2018, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsbank runs; multiple equilibria;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2009-11-21 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2009-11-21 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18635. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .