On the dynamics and severity of bank runs: An experimental study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Green, Edward J. & Lin, Ping, 2003.
"Implementing efficient allocations in a model of financial intermediation,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Edward J. Green, 1995. "Implementing Efficient Allocations in a Model of Financial Intermediation," Meeting papers 9506001, EconWPA.
- Edward J. Green & Ping Lin, 1996. "Implementing efficient allocations in a model of financial intermediation," Working Papers 576, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Franklin Allen & Douglas Gale, 1998. "Optimal Financial Crises," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1245-1284, August.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1996.
"Models of currency crises with self-fulfilling features,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1037-1047, April.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1995. "Models of Currency Crises with Self-Fulfilling Features," NBER Working Papers 5285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1996. "Models of Currency Crises with Self-fulfilling Features," CEPR Discussion Papers 1315, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni & Detragiache, Enrica & Rajan, Raghuram, 2008.
"The real effect of banking crises,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 89-112, January.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Raghuram Rajan & Enrica Detragiache, 2005. "The Real Effect of Banking Crises," IMF Working Papers 05/63, International Monetary Fund.
- DellAriccia, Giovanni & Detragiache, Enrica & Rajan, Raghuram G, 2005. "The Real Effect of Banking Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 5088, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlsson, H. & van Damme, E.E.C., 1989. "Global payoff uncertainty and risk dominance," Discussion Paper 1989-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Christophe Chamley, 2003. "Dynamic Speculative Attacks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 603-621, June.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 2002.
"Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1373-1406, October.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1999. "Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability ? An empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2247, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 2000. "Does Deposit Insurance Increase Banking System Stability? An Empirical Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1751, Econometric Society.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Gorton, Gary, 1988. "Banking Panics and Business Cycles," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 751-781, December.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 2002.
"An incentive problem in the dynamic theory of banking,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 271-292, September.
- Ernst-Ludwig VON THADDEN, 2000. "An Incentive Problem in the Dynamic Theory of Banking," FAME Research Paper Series rp25, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- von Thadden, Ernst-Ludwig, 1998. "Intermediated versus Direct Investment: Optimal Liquidity Provision and Dynamic Incentive Compatibility," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 177-197, April.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K., 2001. "Asset Pricing under Asymmetric Information: Bubbles, Crashes, Technical Analysis, and Herding," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296980, June.
- Park, Andreas & Smith, Lones, 2008. "Caller Number Five and related timing games," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 3(2), June.
- Vesna Prasnikar, 1993. "Binary Lottery Payoffs: Do They Control Risk Aversion?," Discussion Papers 1059, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Cormac O Grada & Morgan Kelly, 2000.
"Market Contagion: Evidence from the Panics of 1854 and 1857,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1110-1124, December.
- Kelly, M. & O'Grada, C., 1999. "Market Contagion: Evidence from the Panics of 1854 and 1857," Papers 99/19, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Cormac Ó Gráda & Morgan Kelly, 2000. "Market contagion : evidence from the panics of 1854 and 1857," Open Access publications 10197/459, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Friedman, Daniel, 2009.
"Speculative attacks: A laboratory study in continuous time,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1064-1082, October.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Daniel Friedman, 2008. "Speculative Attacks: A Laboratory Study in Continuous Time," CESifo Working Paper Series 2420, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Daniel Friedman, 2009. "Speculative Attacks: A Laboratory Study in Continuous Time," Working Papers 072009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yehning Chen, 1999. "Banking Panics: The Role of the First-Come, First-Served Rule and Information Externalities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 946-968, October.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Jackson, Patricia & Nier, Erlend, 2005. "Banking crises and the design of safety nets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 143-159, January.
- Costain James S, 2007.
"A Herding Perspective on Global Games and Multiplicity,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-55, June.
- Costain, James S., 2003. "A herding perspective on global games and multiplicity," UC3M Working papers. Economics we032908, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Cooper, David J. & Van Huyck, John B., 2003.
"Evidence on the equivalence of the strategic and extensive form representation of games,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 290-308, June.
- David J Cooper & John B Van Huyck, 2002. "Evidence on the Equivalence of the Stratetic and Extensive Form Representation of Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 234936000000000001, David K. Levine.
- Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2003. "Herd Behavior, Bank Runs and Information Disclosure," MPRA Paper 9513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chari, V V & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1988. " Banking Panics, Information, and Rational Expectations Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(3), pages 749-761, July.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Joyce E. Berg & Lane A. Daley & John W. Dickhaut & John R. O'Brien, 1986. "Controlling Preferences for Lotteries on Units of Experimental Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 281-306.
- Garratt, Rod, 2005. "Bank Runs: An Experimental Study," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt1rk2w7m4, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
More about this item
KeywordsBank runs Banking crises Informed depositors Deposit insurance Experiments;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinin:v:18:y:2009:i:2:p:217-241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622875 .