Determinants of success and failure in the internationalisation of the cork business: A tale of two Iberian family firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jan Johanson & Jan-Erik Vahlne, 1977. "The Internationalization Process of the Firm—A Model of Knowledge Development and Increasing Foreign Market Commitments," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 8(1), pages 23-32, March.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1999.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 471-517, April.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrea Colli & Esteban García-Canal & Mauro F. Guillén, 2013. "Family character and international entrepreneurship: A historical comparison of Italian and Spanish ‘new multinationals’," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(1), pages 119-138, January.
- Branco, AmÃ©lia & Parejo, Francisco M., 2008. "Incentives or obstacles? institutional aspects of the cork business in the Iberian Peninsula (1930â€“1975)," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 17-43, January.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 2003. "International expansion of U.S. manufacturing family businesses: the effect of ownership and involvement," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 495-512, July.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Bonaccorsi, 1992. "On the Relationship Between Firm Size and Export Intensity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 605-635, December.
- Nuria Puig & Paloma Fernandez Perez, 2009. "A silent revolution: The internationalisation of large Spanish family firms," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 462-483.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Patel, Vijay K. & Pieper, Torsten M. & Hair, Joseph F., 2012. "The global family business: Challenges and drivers for cross-border growth," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 231-239.
- Chandler, Alfred D., 1990. "Scale and Scope: A Review Colloquium - Scale and Scope: The Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism. By Alfred D. ChandlerJr., with Takashi Hikino Â· Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1990. xix + ," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 690-735, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:aka:soceco:v:41:y:2019:i:1:p:3-26 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- N60 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2014-12-24 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2014-12-24 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HME-2014-12-24 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2014-12-24 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa14p638. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.