Embracing the Market: Entry into Self-Employment in Transitional China, 1978-1996
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Borjas, George J & Bronars, Stephen G, 1989. "Consumer Discrimination and Self-employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 581-605, June.
- Yingyi Qian, 1999. "The Process of China's Market Transition (1978-98): The Evolutionary, Historical, and Comparative Perspectives," Working Papers 99012, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Victor R. Fuchs, 1980. "Self-Employment and Labor Force Participation of Older Males (Revised)," NBER Working Papers 0584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cui, Yuling & Nahm, Daehoon & Tani, Massimiliano, 2013. "Self-Employment in China: Are Rural Migrant Workers and Urban Residents Alike?," IZA Discussion Papers 7191, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Justin van der Sluis & Mirjam van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Selection and Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-046/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Sep 2004.
- Ana I. Moreno-Monroy & Shu Yu & Victoria Euse, 2016.
"Urban Employment in Small Businesses and the Level of Economic Development: Evidence from Chinese Cities,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 53-71, March.
- Moreno Monroy, Ana I. & Yu, Shu & Euse, Victoria, 2015. "Urban Employment in Small Businesses and the Level of Economic Development: Evidence from Chinese Cities," Working Papers 2072/254304, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Cathy Yang Liu & Xi Huang, 2016. "The Rise of Urban Entrepreneurs in China: Capital Endowments and Entry Dynamics," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 32-52, March.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket; Rural China; Self-employment; Transition; and Urban China;
- J4 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-02-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2003-02-18 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2003-02-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-HIS-2003-02-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-2003-02-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2003-02-18 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2002-512. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .