Rising food prices and household welfare : evidence from Brazil in 2008
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Anna Fruttero & Phillippe G. Leite & Leonardo R. Lucchetti, 2013. "Rising Food Prices and Household Welfare: Evidence from Brazil in 2008," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 151-176, February.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Fruttero, Anna & Leite, Phillippe & Lucchetti, Leonardo, 2011. "Rising Food Prices and Household Welfare: Evidence from Brazil in 2008," IZA Discussion Papers 5713, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francisco H. G. Ferreira & Anna Fruttero & Phillippe Leite & Leonardo Lucchetti, 2011. "Rising food prices and household welfare: Evidence from Brazil in 2008," Working Papers 200, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fabio Veras Soares & Sergei Suarez Dillon Soares & Marcelo Medeiros & Rafael Guerreiro Osório, 2006. "Cash Transfer Programmes in Brazil: Impacts on Inequality and Poverty," Working Papers 21, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Deaton, Angus, 1990.
"Price elasticities from survey data : Extensions and Indonesian results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-309, June.
- Deaton, A., 1988. "Price Elasticities From Survey Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 138, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Deaton, A., 1990. "Price Elasticities From Surveys Data: Extensions And Indonesian Results," Papers 69, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2002.
"The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A "Rapid Response" Methodology,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 16(3), pages 397-423, December.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A "Rapid Response" Methodology," NBER Working Papers 8564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: A 'Rapid Response' Methodology," Working Papers 482, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Jed Friedman & James Levinsohn, 2001. "The Distributional Impacts of Indonesia's Financial Crisis on Household Welfare: "A Rapid Response Methodology"," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 387, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ferreira, Francisco H.G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2010.
"Poverty reduction without economic growth?: Explaining Brazil's poverty dynamics, 1985-2004,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 20-36, September.
- Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Leite, Phillippe G. & Ravallion, Martin, 2007. "Poverty reduction without economic growth ? explaining Brazil's poverty dynamics, 1985-2004," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4431, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2003. "Measuring pro-poor growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Ivanic, Maros & Martin, Will, 2008. "Implications of higher global food prices for poverty in low-income countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4594, The World Bank.
- Anton Korinek & Johan Mistiaen & Martin Ravallion, 2006. "Survey nonresponse and the distribution of income," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(1), pages 33-55, April.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "The impact on poverty of food pricing reforms: A welfare analysis for Indonesia," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-299.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kane Gilles Quentin & Tene Gwladys Laure Mabah & Ambagna Jean Joël & Piot-Lepetit Isabelle & Sikod Fondo, 2015. "The Impact of Food Price Volatility on Consumer Welfare in Cameroon," WIDER Working Paper Series 013, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rita Motzigkeit Gonzalez, 2016. "Welfare effects of changed prices The “Tortilla Crisis" revisited," Working Papers 167, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Elleby, Christian, 2014.
"Poverty and Price Transmission,"
2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia
182722, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Christian Elleby, 2014. "Poverty and Price Transmission," IFRO Working Paper 2015/01, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Elleby, Christian, 2015. "Poverty and Price Transmission," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211621, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Brambilla, Irene & Porto, Guido, 2016. "Trade, Poverty Eradication, and the Sustainable Development Goals," ADBI Working Papers 629, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Mueller, Bernardo & Mueller, Charles C., 2012. "The Impact Of The 2007?08 Food Price Crisis In A Major Commodity Exporter : Food Prices, Inflation, And Inclusion In Brazil," WIDER Working Paper Series 095, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Koolwal, Gayatri B. & Haughtonm Jonathan & Jitsuchon, Somchai, 2012. "Household coping and response to government stimulus in an economic crisis : evidence from Thailand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6016, The World Bank.
- Daniel Lederman & Guido Porto, 2016.
"The Price Is Not Always Right: On the Impacts of Commodity Prices on Households (and Countries),"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 31(1), pages 168-197.
- Lederman, Daniel & Porto, Guido, 2014. "The price is not always right : on the impacts of (commodity) prices on households (and countries)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6858, The World Bank.
- Lederman,Daniel & Porto,Guido, 2016. "The price is not always right : on the impacts of commodity prices on households (and countries)," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7583, The World Bank.
- Alderman, Harold, 2014. "Can transfer programs be made more nutrition sensitive?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1342, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kostakis, Ioannis, 2. "The Determinants Of Householdsâ€™ Food Consumption In Greece," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(2).
- Sakai, Yoko & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko & Higuchi, Yuki & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2012. "Do Natural Disasters Affect the Poor Disproportionately? The Case of Typhoon Milenyo in the Rural Philippines," PRIMCED Discussion Paper Series 31, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Xiaohua Yu & Satoru Shimokawa, 2016. "Nutritional impacts of rising food prices in African countries: a review," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(5), pages 985-997, October.
- repec:fpr:export:1342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gohar, Abdelaziz A. & Cashman, Adrian, 2016. "A methodology to assess the impact of climate variability and change on water resources, food security and economic welfare," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 51-64.
- Tschirley, David & Myers, Robert & Zavale, Helder, 2014. "MSU/FSG Study of the Impact of WFP Local and Regional Food Aid Procurement on Markets, Households, and Food Value Chains," Food Security International Development Working Papers 184835, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Yu, Xiaohua, 2014. "Monetary easing policy and long-run food prices: Evidence from China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 175-183.
- Sakai, Yoko & Estudillo, Jonna P. & Fuwa, Nobuhiko & Higuchi, Yuki & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2017. "Do Natural Disasters Affect the Poor Disproportionately? Price Change and Welfare Impact in the Aftermath of Typhoon Milenyo in the Rural Philippines," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 16-26.
- Musyoka, MP & Kavoi, Mutuku Muendo & Omiti, JM, 2014. "Food consumption patterns and distributional welfare impact of import tariff reduction on cereals in Kenya," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(3), August.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Poverty Reduction; Markets and Market Access; Food&Beverage Industry; Regional Economic Development;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-05-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2011-05-14 (Central & South America)
- NEP-LTV-2011-05-14 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5652. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .