Investment in job training : why are SMES lagging so much behind ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005. "Firm Size Matters: Growth and Productivity Growth in African Manufacturing," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 545-583, April.
- Hong Tan & Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys, 2003. "Mexico : in-firm training for the knowledge economy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2957, The World Bank.
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009.
"Innovative Firms or Innovative Owners? Determinants of Innovation in Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3962, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- de Mel, Suresh & McKenzie, David & Woodruff, Christopher, 2009. "Innovative firms or innovative owners ? determinants of innovation in micro, small, and medium enterprises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4934, The World Bank.
- Ibarrarán, Pablo & Maffioli, Alessandro & Stucchi, Rodolfo, 2009. "SME Policy and Firms’ Productivity in Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 4486, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holzmann, Robert, 2010.
"Bringing Financial Literacy and Education to Low and Middle Income Countries: The Need to Review, Adjust, and Extend Current Wisdom,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5114, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Holzmann, Robert, 2010. "Bringing financial literacy and education to low and middle income countries : the need to review, adjust, and extend current wisdom," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 56501, The World Bank.
- Rita Almeida & Marta Faria, 2014.
"The wage returns to on-the-job training: evidence from matched employer-employee data,"
IZA Journal of Labor & Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-33, December.
- Almeida, Rita K. & de Faria, Marta Lince, 2014. "The Wage Returns to On-the-Job Training: Evidence from Matched Employer-Employee Data," IZA Discussion Papers 8314, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sampson, Thomas, 2012. "Brain drain or brain gain? Technology diffusion and learning on-the-job," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51503, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:468419 is not listed on IDEAS
- Almeida, Rita K. & Aterido, Reyes, 2011. "On-the-job training and rigidity of employment protection in the developing world: Evidence from differential enforcement," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(S1), pages 71-82.
- Susana Carpio & David Giuliodori & Graciana Rucci & Rodolfo Stucchi, 2011. "The Effect of Temporary Contracts on Human Capital Accumulation in Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3030, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Thomas Sampson, 2012. "Brain Drain or Brain Gain? Technology Diffusion and Learning On-the-job," CEP Discussion Papers dp1168, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lord, Janet & Posarac, Aleksandra & Nicoli, Marco & Peffley, Karen & Mcclain-Nhlapo, Charlotte & Keogh, Mary, 2010. "Disability and international cooperation and development : a review of policies and practices," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 56092, The World Bank.
- Susana Carpio & David Giuliodori & Graciana Rucci & Rodolfo Stucchi, 2011. "The Effect of Temporary Contracts on Human Capital Accumulation in Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 35358, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Floreani, Vincent Arthur, 2014. "Fixing Europe's youth unemployment and skills mismatch, can public financial support to SMEs be effective? The case of the European Commission and European Investment Bank joint initiatives," MPRA Paper 55849, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation For All; Labor Policies; Microfinance; Primary Education; Labor Markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.