SME Policy and Firms’ Productivity in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pedro Cerdán-Infantes & Alessandro Maffioli & Diego Ubfal, 2008. "The Impact of Agricultural Extension Services: The Case of Grape Production in Argentina," OVE Working Papers 0508, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert M. Solow, 2001. "International Productivity Comparisons Built from the Firm Level," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 151-172, Summer.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pamela Mueller, 2015.
"Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 16, pages 304-319
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & Pamela Mueller, 2008. "Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Zoltan Acs & Pamela Mueller, 2006. "Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & Chad Syverson, 2008.
"Reallocation, Firm Turnover, and Efficiency: Selection on Productivity or Profitability?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 394-425, March.
- Foster, Lucia & Haltiwanger, John C. & Syverson, Chad, 2005. "Reallocation, Firm Turnover, and Efficiency: Selection on Productivity or Profitability?," IZA Discussion Papers 1705, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & Chad Syverson, 2005. "Reallocation, Firm Turnover, and Efficiency: Selection on Productivity or Profitability?," Working Papers 05-11, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Lucia Foster & John Haltiwanger & Chad Syverson, 2005. "Reallocation, Firm Turnover, and Efficiency: Selection on Productivity or Profitability?," NBER Working Papers 11555, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Escribano, Álvaro & Pena, Jorge & Orte, Manuel De & Guasch, J. Luis, 2008. "Investment climate assessment based on demean Olley and Pakes decompositions: methodology and application to Turkey's investment climate survey," UC3M Working papers. Economics we082012, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Alvarez, Roberto & Crespi, Gustavo, 2003. "Determinants of Technical Efficiency in Small Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 233-244, May.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Farinas, Jose C. & Ruano, Sonia, 2002. "Firm productivity and export markets: a non-parametric approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 397-422, August.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2005. "SMEs, Growth, and Poverty: Cross-Country Evidence," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 199-229, September.
- You, Jong-Il, 1995. "Small Firms in Economic Theory," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 441-462, June.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt, 2007. "Small and Medium Enterprises Across the Globe," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 415-434, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Aterido, Reyes, 2010.
"The Investment in Job Training: Why Are SMEs Lagging So Much Behind?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4981, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almeida, Rita K. & Aterido, Reyes, 2010. "The investment in job training : why are SMEs lagging so much behind?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 54967, The World Bank.
- Almeida, Rita K. & Aterido, Reyes, 2010. "Investment in job training : why are SMES lagging so much behind ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5358, The World Bank.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/15256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Álvarez, Roberto & Bertin, Mauricio Jara, 2016.
"Banking competition and firm-level financial constraints in Latin America,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 89-104.
- Roberto Álvarez & Mauricio Jara, 2016. "Banking Competition and Firm-Level Financial Constraints in Latin America," Working Papers wp426, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Schwalje, Wes, 2011. "The Prevalence and Impact of Skills Gaps on Latin America and the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 30247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Verónica Alaimo & Mariano Bosch & David S. Kaplan & Carmen Pagés & Laura Ripani, 2015. "Jobs for Growth," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 90977, February.
- Fatma Bouattour, 2015. "Financial constraints and export performance: Evidence from Brazilian micro-data," Post-Print hal-01267726, HAL.
- Rita Almeida & Reyes Aterido, 2015. "Investing in formal on-the-job training: are SMEs lagging much behind?," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Claudio Candia & Medardo Aguirre & Natalia Correa & María J. Herrera, 2016. "La productividad total de factores en el sector manufacturero chileno," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 18(35), pages 229-255, July-Dece.
More about this item
KeywordsSMEs; SME policy; productivity; Latin America;
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- L53 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Enterprise Policy
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-11-07 (Development)
- NEP-EFF-2009-11-07 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENT-2009-11-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-SBM-2009-11-07 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.