The Impact of an Associative Strategy (the PROFO Program) on Small and Medium Enterprises in Chile
The main objective of this article is to determine if associative strategies followed in Chile have had any impact on the enhancement of productive performance of Chilean SMEs firms. In order to do that, the estimate of the impact is approached using the benchmark given by Social Experiment but within the context of a `non-experimental' evaluation design. We conclude that these kinds of policies have been effective in increasing the productivity of the participating firms, and have also been efficient since they have achieved high social profits.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Jubilee Building G08, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9SL|
Phone: +44 (0)1273 686758
Fax: +44 (0)1273 685865
Web page: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
NBER Working Papers
6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Causal Effects in Non-Experimental Studies: Re-Evaluating the Evaluation of Training Programs," NBER Working Papers 6586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Burtless, 1995. "The Case for Randomized Field Trials in Economic and Policy Research," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 63-84, Spring.
- José Miguel Benavente & Gustavo Crespi, 1996. "The Chilean national system of innovation," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 23(2 Year 19), pages 223-254, December.
- Heckman, James J, 1990. "Varieties of Selection Bias," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 313-18, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sru:ssewps:88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Russell Eke)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.