The global financial crisis and development thinking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Luis Servén, 2010.
"Are All the Sacred Cows Dead? Implications of the Financial Crisis for Macro- and Financial Policies,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 91-124, February.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Serven, Luis, 2009. "Are all the sacred cows dead ? implications of the financial crisis for macro and financial policies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4807, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Justin Lin & David Rosenblatt, 2012.
"Shifting patterns of economic growth and rethinking development,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 171-194.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Rosenblatt, David, 2012. "Shifting patterns of economic growth and rethinking development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6040, The World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cihak, Martin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez & Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin, 2012. "Bank regulation and supervision around the world : a crisis update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6286, The World Bank.
- Elena Cirmizi & Leora Klapper & Mahesh Uttamchandani, 2012. "The Challenges of Bankruptcy Reform," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 27(2), pages 185-203, August.
- Kyungsoo Kim, Byoung-Ki Kim, Hail Park, 2012. "Interest Rate-oriented Monetary Policy Framework and Financial Procyclicality," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 28, pages 161-188.
- Petar Stankov, 2018. "Banking Crises and Reversals in Financial Reforms," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 68(5), pages 442-459, October.
- Korte, Josef, 2015. "Catharsis—The real effects of bank insolvency and resolution," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 213-231.
- José Manuel Pastor & Jose M. Pavía & Lorenzo Serrano & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2017.
"Rich regions, poor regions and bank branch deregulation in Spain,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(11), pages 1678-1694, November.
- José Manuel Pastor & José Manuel Pavía & Lorenzo Serrano & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2016. "Rich regions, poor regions and bank branch deregulation in Spain," Working Papers 2016/02, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Joyce Hsieh & Chien-Chung Nieh, 2010. "An overview of Asian equity markets," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 24(2), pages 19-51, November.
- Thorvardur Tjörvi Ólafsson & Thórarinn G. Pétursson, 2010.
"Weathering the financial storm: The importance of fundamentals and flexibility,"
Economics Working Papers
2010-17, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Thorvardur Tjörvi Ólafsson & Thórarinn G. Pétursson, 2010. "Weathering the financial storm: The importance of fundamentals and flexibility," Economics wp51, Department of Economics, Central bank of Iceland.
- Valentini, Enzo & Arlotti, Marco & Compagnucci, Fabiano & Gentili, Andrea & Muratore, Fabrizio & Gallegati, Mauro, 2017. "Technical change, sectoral dislocation and barriers to labor mobility: Factors behind the great recession," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 187-215.
- Eugenia Andreasen & Martin Schindler & Patricio Valenzuela, 2019.
"Capital Controls and the Cost of Debt,"
IMF Economic Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 67(2), pages 288-314, June.
- Eugenia Andreasen & Martin Schindler & Patricio Valenzuela, 2015. "Capital Controls and the Cost of Debt," Documentos de Trabajo 307, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Andreasen, Eugenia & Schindler, Martin & Valenzuela, Patricio, 2015. "Capital Controls and the Cost of Debt," Working Papers 15-02, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Eugenia Andreasen & Martin Schindler & Patricio A Valenzuela, 2017. "Capital Controls and the Cost of Debt," IMF Working Papers 2017/135, International Monetary Fund.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache & Ouarda Merrouche, 2013.
"Bank Capital: Lessons from the Financial Crisis,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(6), pages 1147-1164, September.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Bank capital : lessons from the financial crisis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5473, The World Bank.
- Ouarda Merrouche & Enrica Detragiache & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt, 2010. "Bank Capital; Lessons From the Financial Crisis," IMF Working Papers 2010/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Antoaneta Geala, 2009. "The National Deposit Insurance System - A Market Institution at the Crossroads," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 1(1), pages 055-068, December.
- Jiayan YU & Jingqian ZHANG & Hee Eun SHIN & Jooan KONG, 2019. "Revisiting the Economic Crisis after a Decade: Statistical and Machine Learning Perspectives," Economics and Applied Informatics, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 2, pages 14-19.
- Piffaretti, Nadia F., 2008. "Reshaping the International Monetary Architecture and Addressing Global Imbalances: Lessons from the Keynes Plan," MPRA Paper 12165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cihak, Martin & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad & Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin, 2013. "Bank regulation and supervision in the context of the global crisis," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 733-746.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Gupta, Poonam, 2013. "The financial crisis and Indian banks: Survival of the fittest?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 138-152.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt Markets; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Climate Change Economics; Emerging Markets;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2010-07-10 (Development)
- NEP-FDG-2010-07-10 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-HPE-2010-07-10 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2010-07-10 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.