Can Maquila Booms Reduce Poverty? Evidence from Honduras
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Morley, Samuel & Nakasone, Eduardo & Pineiro, Valeria, 2008.
"The impact of CAFTA on employment, production, and poverty in Honduras:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
748, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Morley, Samuel A. & Nakasone, Eduardo & Piñeiro, Valeria, 2008. "The impact of CAFTA on employment, production and poverty in Honduras," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL en México (Estudios e Investigaciones) 25858, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Jansen, Hans G.P. & Morley, Samuel & Kessler, Gloria & Pineiro, Valeria & Sánchez, Marco & Torero, Maximo, 2007. "The impact of the Central America Free Trade Agreement on the Central American textile maquila industry:," IFPRI discussion papers 720, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Calfat, Germán & Rivas, Ana, 2008. "Fragmentation, income, gender and poverty linkages: the case of the maquila industry in Guatemala," IOB Working Papers 2008.02, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Denise Stanley, 2010. "Outmigration, Human Development and Trade: A Central American Case Study," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 315-337.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:102:y:2018:i:c:p:135-157 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lopez-Acevedo, Gladys & Robertson, Raymond, 2012.
"The Promise and Peril of Post-MFA Apparel Production,"
World Bank - Economic Premise,
The World Bank, issue 84, pages 1-4, May.
- Gladys Lopez-Acevedo & Raymond Robertson, 2012. "The Promise and Peril of Post-MFA Apparel Production," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10043, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalization; maquila; poverty; gender wage gap; Honduras;
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-02-14 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2009-02-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2009-02-14 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .