Economic and Welfare Effects of the Abolition of Health User Fees : Evidence from Uganda
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Heller, Peter S., 1982. "A model of the demand for medical and health services in Peninsular Malaysia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 267-284, January.
- John S. Akin & David K. Guilkey & Paul L. Hutchinson & Michael T. Mcintosh, 1998. "Price elasticities of demand for curative health care with control for sample selectivity on endogenous illness: an analysis for Sri Lanka," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 509-531.
- McPake, Barbara, 1993. "User charges for health services in developing countries: A review of the economic literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 1397-1405, June.
- Litvack, Jennie I. & Bodart, Claude, 1993. "User fees plus quality equals improved access to health care: Results of a field experiment in Cameroon," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 369-383, August.
- Reinikka, Ritva & Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Working for God? evualuating service delivery of religious not-for-profit health care providers in Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3058, The World Bank.
- Martine AUDIBERT & Jacky MATHONNAT, 1998. "Cost Recovery in Mauritania: Initial Lessons from Reform," Working Papers 199811, CERDI.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ensor, Tim & Ronoh, Jeptepkeny, 2005. "Effective financing of maternal health services: A review of the literature," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 49-58, December.
- Hamadou Daouda, Youssoufou, 2011.
"Déterminants de la mortalité infantile et infanto-juvénile et la pauvreté au Niger
[Determinants of infant and under-five mortality and poverty in Niger]," MPRA Paper 73154, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johnson, Ari & Goss, Adeline & Beckerman, Jessica & Castro, Arachu, 2012. "Hidden costs: The direct and indirect impact of user fees on access to malaria treatment and primary care in Mali," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(10), pages 1786-1792.
- Deininger, Klaus & Mpuga, Paul, 2005. "Does Greater Accountability Improve the Quality of Public Service Delivery? Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 171-191, January.
- Xu, Ke & Evans, David B. & Kadama, Patrick & Nabyonga, Juliet & Ogwal, Peter Ogwang & Nabukhonzo, Pamela & Aguilar, Ana Mylena, 2006. "Understanding the impact of eliminating user fees: Utilization and catastrophic health expenditures in Uganda," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 866-876, February.
- Aoife Brick & Anne Nolan & Jacqueline O’Reilly & Samantha Smith, 2012. "Conflicting Financial Incentives in the Irish Health-Care System," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 273-301.
- Nolan, Anne & Smith, Samantha, 2012. "The effect of differential eligibility for free GP services on GP utilisation in Ireland," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(10), pages 1644-1651.
- Zombré, David & De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry, 2017. "Immediate and sustained effects of user fee exemption on healthcare utilization among children under five in Burkina Faso: A controlled interrupted time-series analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 27-35.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Public Health Promotion; Pharmaceuticals&Pharmacoeconomics; Health Systems Development&Reform; Housing&Human Habitats; Health Systems Development&Reform; Housing&Human Habitats; Pharmaceuticals&Pharmacoeconomics; Poverty Assessment; Health Monitoring&Evaluation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .