Strategies for pricing publicly provided health services
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hammer, Jeffrey S, 1997. "Economic Analysis for Health Projects," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(1), pages 47-71, February.
- Schwartz, J Brad & Akin, John S & Popkin, Barry M, 1988. "Price and Income Elasticities of Demand for Modern Health Care: The Case of Infant Delivery in the Philippines," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(1), pages 49-76, January.
- Light, Donald W., 1992. "Equity and efficiency in health care," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 465-469, August.
- Yoder, Richard A., 1989. "Are people willing and able to pay for health services?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 35-42, January.
- Stanton, Bonita & Clemens, John, 1989. "User fees for health care in developing countries: A case study of Bangladesh," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 1199-1205, January.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1987. "The revenue generating potential of user fees in Kenyan government health facilities," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 995-1002, January.
- Gertler, Paul & Locay, Luis & Sanderson, Warren, 1987.
"Are user fees regressive? : The welfare implications of health care financing proposals in Peru,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 67-88.
- Paul J. Gertler & Luis Locay & Warren C. Sanderson, 1987. "Are User Fees Regressive? The Welfare Implications of Health Care Financing Proposals in Peru," NBER Working Papers 2299, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lavy, V. & Quigley, J.M., 1993. "Willingness to Pay for the Quality and Intensity of Midical Care; Low- Income Households in Ghana," Papers 94, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Lavy, Victor & Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan & de Vreyer, Philippe, 1996.
"Quality of health care, survival and health outcomes in Ghana,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 333-357, June.
- Lavy, V & Strauss, J & Thomas, D & de Vreyer, P, 1996. "Quality of Health Care, Survivial and Health Outcomes in Ghana," Papers 96-20, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Mwabu, Germano, 1990. "Financing health services in Africa : an assessment of alternative approaches," Policy Research Working Paper Series 457, The World Bank.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1991.
"Public Provision of Private Goods and the Redistribution of Income,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 979-984, September.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S., 1989. "Public Provision Of Private Goods And The Redistribution Of Income," Papers 36, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- McPake, Barbara, 1993. "User charges for health services in developing countries: A review of the economic literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 1397-1405, June.
- Hammer, Jeffrey S, 1997. "Prices and Protocols in Public Health Care," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 409-432, September.
- Weaver, Marcia & Wong, Holly & Sako, Amadou Sekou & Simon, Robert & Lee, Felix, 1994. "Prospects for reform of hospital fees in sub-Saharan Africa: A case study of Niamey National Hospital in Niger," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 565-574, February.
- Alderman, H. & Gertler, P., 1989. "The Substitutability Of Public And Private Health Care For The Treatment Of Children In Pakistan," Papers 57, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Benefo, Kofi & Schultz, T Paul, 1996. "Fertility and Child Mortality in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(1), pages 123-158, January.
- Lewis, Maureen A, 1993. "User Fees in Public Hospitals: Comparison of Three Country Case Studies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(3), pages 513-532, April.
- Akin, John S, et al, 1986. "The Demand for Primary Health Care Services in the Bicol Region of the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(4), pages 755-782, July.
- Thomas, D. & Lavy, V. & Strauss, J., 1992. "Public Policy and Anthropometric Outcomes in Cote d'Ivoire," Papers 89, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Vogel, R.J., 1988. "Cost Recovery In The Health Care Sector - Selected Country Studies In West Africa," Papers 82, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Alderman, Harold & Lavy, Victor, 1996. "Household Responses to Public Health Services: Cost and Quality Tradeoffs," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 3-22, February.
- Huber, Joyce H., 1993. "Ensuring access to health care with the introduction of user fees: A Kenyan example," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 485-494, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magnus Lindelow, 2004. "The Utilization of Curative Health Care in Mozambique: Does Income Matter?," Development and Comp Systems 0409057, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jessica Cohen & Pascaline Dupas & Simone Schaner, 2015.
"Price Subsidies, Diagnostic Tests, and Targeting of Malaria Treatment: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(2), pages 609-645, February.
- Jessica Cohen & Pascaline Dupas & Simone G. Schaner, 2012. "Price Subsidies, Diagnostic Tests, and Targeting of Malaria Treatment: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial," NBER Working Papers 17943, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mani, Subha & Mitra, Sophie & Sambamoorthi, Usha, 2018.
"Dynamics in health and employment: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 297-309.
- Mani, Subha & Mitra, Sophie & Sambamoorthi, Usha, 2016. "Dynamics in Health and Employment: Evidence from Indonesia," IZA Discussion Papers 10256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sanjeev Sobhee, 2005. "Analysing and evaluating the taxpayer's demand for merit goods: the case of public sector education and health in Mauritius," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 429-439.
- Lindelow, Magnus, 2002. "Health care demand in rural Mozambique," FCND discussion papers 126, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pokhrel, Subhash & De Allegri, Manuela & Gbangou, Adijma & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2010. "Illness reporting and demand for medical care in rural Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1693-1700, June.
- Orbeta, Aniceto Jr. C. & Alba, Michael M., 1998. "Macroeconomic Policy Change and Household Health Outomes: A Simulation of the Impact of the 1988-1992 Tariff Reform Program," Discussion Papers DP 1998-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Mataria, Awad & Donaldson, Cam & Luchini, Stephane & Moatti, Jean-Paul, 2004. "A stated preference approach to assessing health care-quality improvements in Palestine: from theoretical validity to policy implications," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1285-1311, November.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Sector Economics&Finance; Health Systems Development&Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Health Economics&Finance; Environmental Economics&Policies; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Health Systems Development&Reform; Health Economics&Finance; Urban Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1762. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .